• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,317 posts in this topic

Thanks Mr. B, I just love the Russ H. cover on 130, and 134 is also one of my fav. in the run. I only have a couple others in the run, but they are beat to "spoon"! I plan on aquiring more, but my timely habit is pretty bad. The color on some Marvel Tales is just awsome, it really draws you in, and makes you take a second look at the cover..and then you see all of detail which at first glance doesn't appear.

Paul

That's two of my favorite Marvel Tales covers (130 & 134) the other is the Bill Everett "end of the world" cover (153?). Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it's # 153: What would YOU do if you were "the last man on earth"?

Disappointingly, it's Winiarski doing the art on that cover story inside while Everett has a short 3 page story: "Scare at sea!"

That's two of my favorite Marvel Tales covers (130 & 134) the other is the Bill Everett "end of the world" cover (153?). Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it's # 153: What would YOU do if you were "the last man on earth"?

Disappointingly, it's Winiarski doing the art on that cover story inside while Everett has a short 3 page story: "Scare at sea!"

Everett always got those water-related stories. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another beautiful thread! Man I'm soooooo fired up, scored my very first Atlas book 2 hours ago. Now, it may not be the best title or in the best condition, but it's my new favorite. I really dig the "New adventures of the west's greatest gunfighter!", and it being the last issue. 27_laughing.gif

tk10.jpg

ssq4.jpg

I was waiting for this one. Nothing like having a dragon on the cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm seeing some beautiful books here! Funny how my wantlist only gets longer, never shorter.

Here's a Rawhide Kid #1. Not in the best shape, unfortunately.

Joe Maneely did some great work. This is not a big action cover, but I like the tension. I can almost hear "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" theme music playing when I look at this.

RawhideKid1.jpg