• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

If it wasn't tax time I'd pull the trigger on the 134.... but I'm sure it won't last long. Here's another Everett cover.... I've posted it before.... but EVERY story in it is cool. Suspense is an overlooked Atlas title that can still be amassed without putting the old lady on the corner..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_1179.jpg

Thanks, Chris...... I've been window shopping it for a while..... couldn't resist any longer. Syd Shores :cloud9: ...... he was doing fantastic work for Atlas back then.... it still has that Timely Captain America feel.... only more refined. Nice MT 134 you have up in the Sales Forum, by the way..... GOD BLESS...

Yeah, the fat shirtless guy with sword does seem like he wandered in off a Schomburg cover. Maybe he's near sighted and thought that trussed red-headed guy was Bucky.

If it wasn't tax time I'd pull the trigger on the 134.... but I'm sure it won't last long. Here's another Everett cover.... I've posted it before.... but EVERY story in it is cool. Suspense is an overlooked Atlas title that can still be amassed without putting the old lady on the corner..... GOD BLESS....

101_1179.jpg

Great book but I have always thought that if Everett drew the cover from the opposite perspective, instead of the back of the vampire we could have been treated to a very ghoulish face on view and possibly a more classic cover. 2c

Here's a few I don't think I've posted yet.... the MIA 1 is an upgrade. GOD BLESS...

MIA1bethlehem.jpg

....this one is Syd Shores inside and out :cloud9:

BATTLEBRADY10.jpg

.... and a really cool Anderson cover that doesn't get the notoriety that some of his classics do....

JIUW32.jpg

If you ever decide to part with that Battle Brady...

Battle Brady 10 is one of the best Atlas war covers in my opinion. Congrats Jim.

:screwy:

One of the best...covers. It has a lot going on and is unlike most Atlas war cover - it is also under the radar (maybe not anymore).

I love most of the pre-code Battles also, but this Battle Brady appeals to me...what can I say!

Edited by Johnny545

Battle Brady 10 is one of the best Atlas war covers in my opinion. Congrats Jim.

One of the best...covers. It has a lot going on and is unlike most Atlas war cover - it is also under the radar (maybe not anymore).

I love most of the pre-code Battles also, but this Battle Brady appeals to me...what can I say!

You know I was joshing, right? :baiting: Plus, you had stated "in my opinion" and I'd be the last one to begrudge your (misguided) opinion.

I don't place it near the top but I will say that getting the opportunity to re-evaluate it, it's growing on me :)

You know I was joshing, right? :baiting: Plus, you had stated "in my opinion" and I'd be the last one to begrudge your (misguided) opinion.

I don't place it near the top but I will say that getting the opportunity to re-evaluate it, it's growing on me :)

Ha, see what I am saying, it has grown on me also...bullet shells flying, fat men swinging swords, some guy taking it in the guts...lots to love here!

Love the colors also, the large Atlas globe and the fact there is no comic code seal which screws up the eye appeal of post-code comics for me.

Edited by Johnny545

I pulled my copy out and it's harder to love than Jimbo's :sorry:

BattleBrady10_zps410ed30e.jpg

..... actually, your's is easier to love ...... you don't have to be so delicate with a solid reader..... and you don't have to restrict looking at it to a motion and sound free vacuum room. As one of www.atlastales.com 's most prolific contributors , your's is a collection I would LOVE to see. I bet you've got a right handsome pile by now. I can't count the number of times that I've clicked on a story scan link on the site, only to find your name as the contributor (worship):golfclap: You da man, buddy. GOD BLESS....

A couple books I got at ECCC last weekend:

Venus_17_zpse4985584.jpg

Not a great copy, but even if it's not quite as hard to get as the 18 or 19 it's still pretty tricky, and other than the cover it's in pretty good shape, unlike my 18. The problem is I still need to find a 19 (and 11 others, but the 19 will probably be the hardest...)

Wasn't sure if this one fits more in Atlas or Timely, it's somewhat on the edge:

Venus_10_zpsefa3f749.jpg

Venus 17 is such an incredible comic..... it's interior stories are my favorite for the run. Cartoonist's Calamity is awesome. GOD BLESS....

Venus 17 is such an incredible comic..... it's interior stories are my favorite for the run. Cartoonist's Calamity is awesome. GOD BLESS....

All the Bill Everett issues of Venus are just stunning, but the 17 may be the high point in terms of the interiors. The cover is pretty impressive too, but it's not quite as amazing as the 18 or 19.

Even if I want the originals (and have over half of them now) the 2nd Venus Masterworks can not show up soon enough for me. Just crazy good Bill Everett artwork.

All the Bill Everett issues of Venus are just stunning, but the 17 may be the high point in terms of the interiors. The cover is pretty impressive too, but it's not quite as amazing as the 18 or 19.

Even if I want the originals (and have over half of them now) the 2nd Venus Masterworks can not show up soon enough for me. Just crazy good Bill Everett artwork.

+ ∞