• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Venus 17 is such an incredible comic..... it's interior stories are my favorite for the run. Cartoonist's Calamity is awesome. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

All the Bill Everett issues of Venus are just stunning, but the 17 may be the high point in terms of the interiors. The cover is pretty impressive too, but it's not quite as amazing as the 18 or 19.

Even if I want the originals (and have over half of them now) the 2nd Venus Masterworks can not show up soon enough for me. Just crazy good Bill Everett artwork.

I'm with you there..... I think I've looked at the Sub-mariner one a million times.... and I own some of those as originals.... it's just safer. I know I'm NOT taking the original to the toilet..... the Masterworks, however............ Venus 2 will be supreme. GOD BLESS...

Not a Venus..... but a decent Severin book with an especially nice Colan story. Impacted staple I can live with..... it's still attached firmly. This is one I'd like to have an Adamstrange level copy of.....GOD BLESS...

101_2901.jpg

Not a Venus..... but a decent Severin book with an especially nice Colan story. Impacted staple I can live with..... it's still attached firmly. This is one I'd like to have an Adamstrange level copy of.....GOD BLESS...

101_2901.jpg

That just about has to be a Maneely/Severin collaboration -- compare to http://atlastales.com/issue/2127

101_2901.jpg

That just about has to be a Maneely/Severin collaboration -- compare to http://atlastales.com/issue/2127

I'll check that out. This cover is one of those that looks exponentially better in hand..... loaded with intricate details. The draftsmanship is superb..... right down to the North Korean Officer's shoulder bars. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

I'll check that out. This cover is one of those that looks exponentially better in hand..... loaded with intricate details. The draftsmanship is superb..... right down to the North Korean Officer's shoulder bars. GOD BLESS...

It is indeed a superb example of Severin's inking and draftsmanship but I think that there is something extra (& special) because of the collaboration with Maneely. The action is a bit more exciting than a typical Severin layout yet the inking is far more refined than if it were a solo Maneely. This is one where it would be quite a treat if the original art had somehow survived.

.... the dynamics of the design are a bit atypical of Severin. Here's another of my favorites that seems to have a little extra..... with that Maneely touch of thin lines only in the backgrounds. GOD BLESS...

BATTLEFRONT45-2.jpg

Remember..... just because Blazing Bob can't hit shows for awhile..... he DOES still have www.highgradecomics.com that is chock full of goodies both raw and slabbed.... so help a brother out and buy some books. For those who don't already know .....Bob won the recent Cheetah "grade the grader" study..... which basically means his raw book is almost always going to be a pleasant surprise..... and contrary to popular belief, he is NOT a silver and bronze only dealer..... he has LOADS of 40's and 50's books. I just put my money where my mouth is and purchased the following 2 books. GOD BLESS....

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

MYSTIC 25 (fine plus)

MYSTIC25.jpg

..... I gotta compliment Bob..... he "unearthed" them. GOD BLESS...

P.S. The 25 is one of a very few books that have NO story or creator credits on www.atlastales.com .... at least the last time I checked it didn't.

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

This cover always makes me think if that is a look of fear on that guys face with the plate or if it's a look of anticipation of eating that frozen guy. What's the inside story about? Are those guys ghouls about to snack?

....like many Atlas stories, the cover never actually happens inside.... but the inner stories are all very good...... I always thought the cover portrayed a Political Fundraising Dinner :insane: GOD BLESS...

P.S. The 25 is one of a very few books that have NO story or creator credits on www.atlastales.com .... at least the last time I checked it didn't.

What are your guesses? :popcorn:

..... don't actually have the book yet..... when it arrives I'll give it a shot. It kind of made me want the book more..... like mail order in the 70's..... GOD BLESS...