• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

This is one we don't see too often......and for me, as much as I truly love Maneely..... it's hard not to crown Severin as the King of the Atlas Western covers..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

WESTERN%20TRAILS10002.jpg

Great book! And I completely agree with you, Severin is king of the Atlas western covers in my book.

This is one we don't see too often......and for me, as much as I truly love Maneely..... it's hard not to crown Severin as the King of the Atlas Western covers..... GOD BLESS....

Real sharp looking copy too bro! Great cover! :headbang:

Dale had some sweet looking Atlas Western Ohio copies in his sales thread. They were even tempting me! :o

Dale had some sweet looking Atlas Western Ohio copies in his sales thread. They were even tempting me! :o

...You should get a few of them for your collection..... they're reasonable, even in high grade.... and some of them are just fantastic. I've got a Frontier Western 8 that has Crandall, Wildey, and Morrow stories that is just cool as it can be. Williamson did some killer work in quite a few of them.... one ofmy favorites is "Ghost Town" from Six Gun Western 2. The Billy Buckskins are all stories by Drucker..... the Outlaw Kid's are the handy work of Doug Wildey.... several of the Ringo Kid's are cover to cover Maneely.... and, according to his daughter, they were his favorite genre by far. GOD BLESS...

I know, I know...

It's just like I'd be opening Pandora's box if I started! :eek:

I used to think the same thing.... but if you stick to VF and better there just won't be that many to choose from. And like with other genres in the Atlas canon.... some of them suck. As a friend, Jay...... come on in, the water's fine. GOD BLESS...

Me neither, Jimbo ...... and I've probably been at this twice as long as you :preach: (although there may be pristine copies buried in permanent collections). Here's another nice copy that's finally back home after an extended stay in Sarasota:

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

Me neither, Jimbo ...... and I've probably been at this twice as long as you :preach: (although there may be pristine copies buried in permanent collections). Here's another nice copy that's finally back home after an extended stay in Sarasota:

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

J.D.......... A top 10 want for me in that type of grade..... I've got a real sharp VG+ from the Dentist's son, Blissard..... and that's probably as nice a copy as I'll ever get. The Maneely stories inside are really over the top..... I just love that comic.... I can understand why you waited so long to slab it. GOD BLESS...

A VG+ Spaceman or Space Squadron is comparable in toughness to a FN/VF on just about any other Atlas pre-code horror title. You scored a keeper! (thumbs u

When Adam calls it a VG+, it's going to be every drop of that. He might be my favorite eBay auctioneer at this time. I get outbid usually, but I lucked out on the 3...... I bid exactly what I had available at the moment in paypal and won it at roughly guide. Those Speed Carter's are all cool.... even the non-Maneely's. GOD BLESS...

A VG+ Spaceman or Space Squadron is comparable in toughness to a FN/VF on just about any other Atlas pre-code horror title. You scored a keeper! (thumbs u

When Adam calls it a VG+, it's going to be every drop of that. He might be my favorite eBay auctioneer at this time. I get outbid usually, but I lucked out on the 3...... I bid exactly what I had available at the moment in paypal and won it at roughly guide. Those Speed Carter's are all cool.... even the non-Maneely's. GOD BLESS...

I almost always get outbid on Adam's auctions, but that's mostly because I'm a cheapazz and mostly looking for bargains on ebay. The few things I have won, were if anything, undergraded.

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

Wow. Such a cool book!

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

Wow. Such a cool book!

The book has such a cool Godzilla vibe about it!

The Japanese Godzilla was released in 1954 but the American version was 56.

This book was ahead of its time! :applause:

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

Nice :applause:

Spaceman%2003-85.jpg

Wow. Such a cool book!

The book has such a cool Godzilla vibe about it!

The Japanese Godzilla was released in 1954 but the American version was 56.

This book was ahead of its time! :applause:

Exactly what I was thinking. (thumbs u

That cover is way cool. It has that classic 1950s sci-fi movie treatment going on, big time!

Here's the half sheet for the 50s sci-fi flick called "King Dinosaur" (1955).

The monster dominating that poster looks surprisingly like the creature on the cover of Spaceman #3.

KD-half-sheetB.jpg