• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Just picked up a nice little stack of Atlas.....I'll post some scans later.... but, while cutting through the tape on the package I put a slight slice in the best one :frustrated: ...... oooo how I hate it when I can't blame anyone but myself. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ughhh, been there - looking forward to the scans!

Just picked up a nice little stack of Atlas.....I'll post some scans later.... but, while cutting through the tape on the package I put a slight slice in the best one :frustrated: ...... oooo how I hate it when I can't blame anyone but myself. GOD BLESS...

Sorry to hear about the damage. I cringed when I read that. There was nothing on top of the book inside the package ? Usually the top book is face down and at least you have the backing board as protection. Again, sorry to hear this.

I would feel really terrible too. So sorry, jimbo ...

Here's the "book of pain".....it had some issues anyway.....but has full gloss and super pages..... still a real nice one. I learned a lesson...it won't happen again.... just wish it was a BA Spider-man.....GOD BLESS...

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20260002.jpg

I don't know, I think a good packing job makes this problem less likely. I just finished opening a package where the cardboard was just the same size as the comic and was very heavily taped. I had to use great care to get the book out without slicing into it.

When packing, I always try to remember that every piece of tape I put on, the buyer is going to have peel off.

Here's the "book of pain".....it had some issues anyway.....but has full gloss and super pages..... still a real nice one. I learned a lesson...it won't happen again.... just wish it was a BA Spider-man.....GOD BLESS...

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20260002.jpg

Bigot! :baiting:

Here's a few more.....GOD BLESS...

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20280002.jpg

MYSTIC%20220002.jpg

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20130001.jpg

ASTONISHING%20130002.jpg

SPELLBOUND%20180002.jpg

STRANGE%20TALES%20490002.jpg

Wow, nice haul of some good reading! I can't remember getting that many horror books all at one time. My favorite for pick of the litter: JIUW #13 watta cover!

..... I'd never seen a decent copy.....this one looks better than the scans..... my scanner gets color right but washes out any gloss.... and these were all pretty glossy. GOD BLESS....

Muchin had a nice mid grade back before these things started heating up.... it was 150 or so.... I kept mulling it over and one day it was gone. It really is a cool cover and a little overlooked..... but I like it too. According to www.atlastales.com most of these should also have good stories too..... most I haven't read, but a couple are duplicates and possible upgrades, so those I know are decent. GOD BLESS...

.....I haven't been invoiced yet, but I grabbed a Spellbound 3 in Dale's thread and some of the guys were razzing me for beating them to it..... I told them it was all YOUR fault lol GOD BLESS...

Pat's the reason I got hooked on ME's 'Manhunt' series due to a piece he did for CBM that featured the electric chair cover of issue no.2. I had to have most of the run after that. Still chasing no.11 though( for years now) but that's part of the fun (thumbs u

:cloud9: CBM ........ IF it had Pat, Michelle, and the Market Reports, the rest of the issue was just icing on the cake. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12