• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

I don't know if it would be possible for me to actually choose a favorite Everett PCH cover..... there's probably a dozen that occupy my "number 1" slot..... and Spellbound 14 is definitely one of them. I don't see too many in the Registry sets..... so this lot may prove to be interesting. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....a lot of decent Atlas in this auction.

There sure is a sweet Spellbound 14 in the next Clink auction..... it sure would look nice at my house. GOD BLESS...

That book shot right up to $500 in the first 24 hours, Jimbo. See that?

Will be interesting to watch...

I've got tracking bids on that one and also the ST 15 and the Mystery Tales 10. I'll be curious to see what happens with the Mystery Tales 11.... luckily I've already got that one in about that shape..... and it's one of those books where the stories are as cool as the cover.....it's a contender for the "Atlas Hall Of Fame"......GOD BLESS...

...it's a contender for the "Atlas Hall Of Fame"......GOD BLESS...

This sounds like a good name for a new thread! hm

.... if it were to be..... a stipulation of cover and at least a couple of splash page pics should be required. I think including all genres might be a good idea, as many War, western and crime books are really strong, cover to cover. I'm not that sure about the quality humor and romance simply because I'm not familiar with most of them. I recently picked up a Stories of Romance for a friend..... nice Colletta cover and the stories inside were real nice. Pike did some exceptional work in the romance genre for Atlas.... and Colletta's interior stories seem to be as nice as his covers. GOD BLESS....

STORIESOFROMANCE100002.jpg

Good to see you back.... and I was thinking maybe you'd been staying away to avoid temptation.... building a war chest for that Flash 105. It seems like Fifties approaches the books much like I do.... as a fellow "raw" collector, I, too, require a good cover AND good material inside. I have found a few Atlas books with covers that don't really grab me yet have 3 or 4 really top notch stories for which I will sometimes make exceptions. It may be that I just haven't seen enough examples..... but so far I've found a higher percentage of cover to cover classic issues in the Journey into Unknown Worlds title. Menace is another title that seems to have a good track record in that regard.... the Masterworks edition was greatly appreciated. GOD BLESS...

Cheers! :)

My war chest is nearly empty now. If a Flash 105 comes around I would be forced to sell some nicer books. But I kinda do hope that a nice copy comes along. :wishluck:

...... New Brunswick :cloud9: ,......these won't be for sale anytime soon :sumo: GOD BLESS...

AtlasBooks0013_zpsda4b34ac.jpg

AtlasforSale0007_zpsef4a910d.jpg

That Mystic 24 is one of my favorites. A Clink auction a while back had a doozy of a copy, I chased it but was vanquished when the price went stratospheric.

It was a CGC 9.0 .....and looked nicer..... closed at roughly 2500 bucks. The 9.0's are always freaky.....I think I was in til $ 1000......GOD BLESS...

...... New Brunswick :cloud9: ,......these won't be for sale anytime soon :sumo: GOD BLESS...

That Mystic 24 is one of my favorites. A Clink auction a while back had a doozy of a copy, I chased it but was vanquished when the price went stratospheric.

Those covers are awesome. (thumbs u

Those covers are awesome. (thumbs u

Love the Mystic 24 myself! Never noticed the corpses coming out of the graves in the background, that guy ripping his face off is just too distracting! :insane:

but so far I've found a higher percentage of cover to cover classic issues in the Journey into Unknown Worlds title.

I've always felt that JIUW was their flagship title, really even above Marvel Tales, AFA cover art and stories went.

I've posted my stash of them before, but being the show-off that I am, eh eh;

20utvu1.jpg

That's the advantage you have going after mid grades.... you get to read 'em all. My favorites, so far, are 14, 19, and 22..... but there are many I've never seen in person. GOD BLESS...

There are two VG copies of Mystic 24 on Ted's Superworld Comics site: (thumbs u

http://www.superworldcomics.com/index.php

I just looked at some of the scans on his site, and wouldn't consider making an offer without seeing a scan of the book I wanted; he looks to be over grading by about one full grade in the VG range.

Sorry, but I'll call it as I see it.

That's the advantage you have going after mid grades.... you get to read 'em all. My favorites, so far, are 14, 19, and 22..... but there are many I've never seen in person. GOD BLESS...

If you like Atlas style science fiction stories, #5 is just killer, and my favorite of the run.

There are two VG copies of Mystic 24 on Ted's Superworld Comics site: (thumbs u

http://www.superworldcomics.com/index.php

I just looked at some of the scans on his site, and wouldn't consider making an offer without seeing a scan of the book I wanted; he looks to be over grading by about one full grade in the VG range.

Sorry, but I'll call it as I see it.

If you like Atlas style science fiction stories, #5 is just killer, and my favorite of the run.

..... I was just getting ready to invite you to make any recommendations that you see fit.....thank you, sir. GOD BLESS...

but so far I've found a higher percentage of cover to cover classic issues in the Journey into Unknown Worlds title.

I've always felt that JIUW was their flagship title, really even above Marvel Tales, AFA cover art and stories went.

I've posted my stash of them before, but being the show-off that I am, eh eh;

20utvu1.jpg

Beautiful run of JIUW, fifties :applause:

Awesome books Jimbo! :headbang:

A high grade Mystic 24 has been on my "want list" for quite some time.