• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

doh\! I forgot, the #158 is not GA but the rest of them are.

We're flexible and it's much too early for a SA book. Congratulations! (thumbs u

Nice group shot :applause:
Thanks!

I have decided to stop posting books in another Gold Comics thread, and post them here.

(I will still continue to post in the group shot thread)

doh! I forgot, the #158 is not GA but the rest of them are.

Mike

hey

action 158 is GA...didn't that come out in early 1950?....GA goes through 1955 or so

rick

So.... what books are on your want list these days? Seems like you've got the mid/late-40s Actions pretty well locked up?
As soon as I finish #65 through #101 plus a few above, I'm gonna start #40 through #64

Hopefully next year! :wishluck:

Nice group shot :applause:
Thanks!

I have decided to stop posting books in another Gold Comics thread, and post them here.

(I will still continue to post in the group shot thread)

doh! I forgot, the #158 is not GA but the rest of them are.

Mike

hey

action 158 is GA...didn't that come out in early 1950?....GA goes through 1955 or so

rick

I guess I was dreaming of #252 :grin:

And this,of course, was the one from the Action run I bought (look how young Matt was!)

memattandaction1.jpg

wasn't this the original owner collection from a little ole lady who lived round the corner of the comic shop and walked in one day with Action #1 thru #18 or something,.. that's the way I heard the story,.. please clarify any discrepancies.

:popcorn:

Pretty much. She called first to see if we were interested. The collection also had a long run of pre-hero More Funs and Adventures, some Batman Detectives. Just an awesome collection.

"to see if we were interested"

Now that's funny,.. "no maam, sorry we wouldn't be interested in Unrestored Action Comics #1 thru #18 plus an assortment of other GA DCs. do you have any POGS to sell ?" lol

thanks for the info Ciorac. (thumbs u

bill, didn't another store actual pretty much say just that?

rick

She did call another store first, and he sent her my way. He told her that he had no funds or a market for golden age.

Bless him.

And this,of course, was the one from the Action run I bought (look how young Matt was!)

memattandaction1.jpg

wasn't this the original owner collection from a little ole lady who lived round the corner of the comic shop and walked in one day with Action #1 thru #18 or something,.. that's the way I heard the story,.. please clarify any discrepancies.

Pretty much. She called first to see if we were interested. The collection also had a long run of pre-hero More Funs and Adventures, some Batman Detectives. Just an awesome collection.

Now that's funny,.. "no maam, sorry we wouldn't be interested in Unrestored Action Comics #1 thru #18 plus an assortment of other GA DCs. do you have any POGS to sell ?" lol

Hey the GA market may be strong right now but you never know when the POGS market will boom again lol

"Remember Alf. He's back.....in POG form"

memattandaction1.jpg

bill, didn't another store actual pretty much say just that?

rick

She did call another store first, and he sent her my way. He told her that he had no funds or a market for golden age.

Bless him.

pons, i understand action 1 is a pretty cool book, but does it really justify a smile of that wattage? wait, where's mattie's right hand? ooooohhhhh, i get it.

Hard to follow a pristine copy of Action 13 (worship) but I'll give it a shot.

Here's my highest graded GA Action which is a recent pickup. I've always liked the Superman/tank covers. Another war cover off the list.

Act40.jpg

Wow Brian! That cover is amazing. I also like the issues with a tank cover. :cloud9:

BTW Congratulations! :headbang:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. (thumbs u I believe there are four Action Comics tank covers (that I can think of). I have #17 & #40. I hope to get a #59 & #62 to round out the set. Although, the tank on #62 is very small, it is there. :grin:

I don't remember posting much in this thread. I have a decent selection of Superman's 100 and below, but for some reason i only have a few issues of action in the same range.

here is the first big book I purchased on ebay at least 8-9 years ago

sm4.jpg