• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Looks like I've a nice new addition that should be joining my budding collection around the end of the month!

:whee:

Nice one man. I was sorely tempted to grab that bad boy myself. I'm glad it's gone to someone who'll give it love.

The crazy thing... that's not the only monster Superman book heading in my direction!

:o :o :o

I'll post the scans when they arrive :grin:

Looks like I've a nice new addition that should be joining my budding collection around the end of the month!

:whee:

Nice one man. I was sorely tempted to grab that bad boy myself. I'm glad it's gone to someone who'll give it love.

The crazy thing... that's not the only monster Superman book heading in my direction!

:o :o :o

I'll post the scans when they arrive :grin:

hm

I recieved this book from our very own Jeff! :cloud9:

Action50and1992reprintof1001.jpg

I always like to look at the bright reds and blues against the black backround on this issue --- good choice and great book!!

Gorgeous book! Agree on the great and vivid colors! Nice pick up! :applause:

Very pleased with this ebay gamble! It needs a centerfold, but is otherwise just dandy. :)

I figure any week that includes a new single-digit Superman can't be all bad.

(Can I get an amen?)

supe8.jpg

Very pleased with this ebay gamble! It needs a centerfold, but is otherwise just dandy. :)

(Can I get an amen?)

supe8.jpg

(thumbs u

Yes you can! A-MEN! lol

Nice book, I don't think you can ever go wrong with a single digit supes! :headbang:

(Can I get an amen?)

supe8.jpg

Oddly enough, I was over at my friend Steve's house today in Mobile, and he had a Superman #8 on his desk that was also missing a centerfold. He has the run from #2 all the way up.

(Can I get an amen?)

supe8.jpg

nice gamble Jon! :banana:

...Thanks, all!

Nice job Jon! :golfclap:

That'll make a nice addition to your group shot. :grin:

I was thinking the same thing, Forrest... gonna update the group shot soon. I've got a nice-looking Supes #13 to add in as well. (thumbs u

Ok... here goes. These are two books I've been WILD about but never thought I'd get a chance to own. Many, MANY thanks go to PointFive/Jon for selling me his undercopy of #3 and Flatrock/Mike for the gorgeous #4!

Superman #3 (Arrived today!) in .5 PR (Back cover missing)

supe3b.jpg

Superman #4 (Arrived Tuesday) in CGC 2.5 GD+ Qualified (cut coupon that doesn't affect the story)

sm4-1.jpg

And of course, the side-by-side shot ;)

DSCN6804.jpg

Surprisingly, these are my first two Superman issues as my other GA titles I've purchased up to this point have been Action Comics, Batman, and Detective Comics. Not a bad way to break into the Superman title, eh? :grin:

Needless to say, I'm feeling a little :whee:

DSCN6804.jpg

Better crack that #4 out. I think those two books want to play together. :grin:

Two of my favorite early Supermans and early DCs in general. You'll love reading through them.

Great week for you, man!

:applause:

I'm just waiting until after the family birthday party on Saturday to pop the #4 out of the slab (it's easier and safer to wrap up and then pass around in the slab). My in-laws really wanted to be able to give this to me for a present, so I have to wait until then. By Sunday though, I'll be popping out and reading it :grin:

Nice to come home from work and find a single-digit Supes waiting for me... :cloud9:

I wish the toning on the top and right edges of the front cover wasn't there, but look at that spine!

superman7.jpg

Stupid gunner--you'd think he'd heard of Superman after nearly two years. doh!;)

And looks like it was a good day for both of us Jeff--there really isn't anything else like finding a single-digit Superman waiting for you after work! :headbang: