• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2023 at 7:22 PM, OtherEric said:

Quick question for the crew here... All else being equal, should I try for SA #1 or #9 first?  I'm getting ready to start looking for one or the other.  And I know, all things may not actually be equal when it comes time to actually grab one.

I think the short easy answer is buy whichever one you find first that’s most affordable, and as solid of a copy you can get. Because quite frankly, you can’t go wrong either way. If I absolutely had to choose one though, I say shoot for Captain Comet. That black cover with the Cap standing tall in all his glory is just the best!

On 3/5/2023 at 9:32 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I think the short easy answer is buy whichever one you find first that’s most affordable, and as solid of a copy you can get. Because quite frankly, you can’t go wrong either way. If I absolutely had to choose one though, I say shoot for Captain Comet. That black cover with the Cap standing tall in all his glory is just the best!

MCS has an unslabbed 1 at 2.5 for $460 and a slabbed 9 at 3.0 at $470, I'm looking at both of them as possibles if they're still there in a few weeks when my budget has recovered from ECCC.  Both look pretty nice for their respective grades. 

Well, all my low grade copies are selling. I personally hate selling in the comiclink focused auctions, just too saturated with soo many pages of books. But these kinds of book would never go into the featured auction level anyway. Strange Adventures is a pretty niche market though so whoever’s going to buy my copies will likely be looking for them haha.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:06 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Well, all my low grade copies are selling. I personally hate selling in the comiclink focused auctions, just too saturated with soo many pages of books. But these kinds of book would never go into the featured auction level anyway. Strange Adventures is a pretty niche market though so whoever’s going to buy my copies will likely be looking for them haha.

Good luck on the auction!

My latest addition.  Is it just me, or are a lot of the covers in the 90's kinda similar?  Not super close to one another, but similar enough you need to double check do I have this one already or not?

Strange Adventures 098.jpg

On 3/10/2023 at 7:57 PM, OtherEric said:

My latest addition.  Is it just me, or are a lot of the covers in the 90's kinda similar?  Not super close to one another, but similar enough you need to double check do I have this one already or not?

I agree, there is a similarity or theme that seems consistent.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, OtherEric said:

Seems like lots of black covers on Strange Adventures