• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2023 at 7:11 AM, Dikko said:

Thanks for the information about other US equivalents. I have noted this in my own database.

I have 20  (not all in top condition) of the 43 Australian issues. The price increased to 1/- (1 shilling) from #23.  My quest continues!

I have added more images here

Strange Adventures No. 14.jpg

Strange Adventures No. 16.jpg

Strange Adventures No. 18.jpg

Strange Adventures No. 21.jpg

Strange Adventures No. 23.jpg

Amazing. Am I correct to assume that Australian Ebay wasn't/isn't enough to get hem, correct? My previous experience looking there showed it would be substantially easier to complete the US run...

On 2/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, Kromak said:

Amazing. Am I correct to assume that Australian Ebay wasn't/isn't enough to get hem, correct? My previous experience looking there showed it would be substantially easier to complete the US run...

I mainly use the Australian eBay for the Australian versions of Strange Adventures. But they are very RARE and being old 1950's newsprint, it is hard to get good copies. I also use the US eBay site as some do turn up in the US. I am not collecting the US versions, only the HTF Australian reprint copies.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:24 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I just noticed recently that High Grade comics has issue #18 in CGC 7.0 for $250. Seems reasonable compared to the price for a 9.4 ($1400) seen on Comic Connect.

My old CGC 8.0 copy looked as nice as that CBCS 9.4 you’re talking about. Probably why it’s been sitting on eBay and Comicconnect for what seems like forever. But I agree, the 7.0 is a solid deal.

Edited by LDarkseid1

I just looked at SA 72 an just notice it was a pink elephant cover , you don’t see those too often🥲🙂 reminds me of my college drinking days 😂😂beer an whisky 🥃 

On 2/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, zzutak said:

Here's a new #2-census StrAdv #25 and a new top-census StrAdv #77 that just returned home from a brief vacation in Sarasota.  Each book is only a minor upgrade to my long-held copies, but it's always a kick to discover a "new" high-ranking specimen in the wild.  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

1840662399_SA25-75.thumb.jpg.bbc180909f3417af867fe34beba907c7.jpg  1087121888_SA77-85-WM.thumb.jpg.ba3a167564b700f88f4542a8cf7ccb39.jpg

You got a white Mountain copy with #77 in the wild? Where the hell did you come across that beauty? To the extent it wouldn’t already be graded.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:37 PM, zzutak said:

The person who sold me the StrAdv #77 didn't realize it was the White Mountain copy.  It's not that unusual -- the StrAdv #19 I had certified last year was also sold to me (via eBaay) as an ordinary/non-pedigreed raw copy.  There are literally scores of "lost" pedigrees out there waiting to be discovered.

1038875304_SA19-90-WM.thumb.jpg.a7602d75c70d5ff07c76601e1115dd71.jpg

That’s crazy man. Well I think you’re the pedigree whisperer because I’ve never come across anything like that lol

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 3/1/2023 at 8:37 PM, OtherEric said:

Just a big comic con, I'll need luck searching back issues for Strange Adventures (and other books) I still need.

Definitely check out Harley Yee’s booth. Last time I saw him he had a nice set of early Strange Adventures and for solid prices.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:44 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Definitely check out Harley Yee’s booth. Last time I saw him he had a nice set of early Strange Adventures and for solid prices.

Will do!  I normally don't look too closely at Harley's stuff since it's much higher end than my normal range.  But the few interactions I've had with him have been extraordinary. 

Edited by OtherEric

On 3/1/2023 at 9:56 PM, OtherEric said:

Will do!  I normally don't look too closely at Harley's stuff since it's much higher end than my normal range.  But the few interactions I've had with him have been extraordinary. 

Yeah last time I saw him he had a decent selection. Some early captain comet issues, and a bunch under and slightly over issue 100.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah last time I saw him he had a decent selection. Some early captain comet issues, and a bunch under and slightly over issue 100.

And two of these were from Harley today; the 49 was a win on the bay.  I'm up to half the Captain Comet issues now:

Strange Adventures 026.jpg

Strange Adventures 049.jpg

Strange Adventures 087.jpg