• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Stay Safe out there and Thanks!
3 3

154 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Take! 

The L Ron Hubbard story is just to interesting to pass up. 

Air Stories March 1929

Astounding Dec 1938

Go to KCO. Many thanks sir!

Just to be clear. L Ron Hubbard's name is on the spine (as in the photo)  but he is not listed in the table of contents unless one of the writers is him and using a pen name. I am not familiar with his writing...

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Air Stories March 1929

Astounding Dec 1938

Just to be clear. L Ron Hubbard's name is on the spine (as in the photo)  but he is not listed in the table of contents unless one of the writers is him and using a pen name. I am not familiar with his writing...

"Clear" as in Going Clear?"  Love it man!  Yay dianetics! I'm clear as a muddy puddle in a rainstorm! :roflmao:

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Air Stories March 1929

Astounding Dec 1938

Still a pretty cool part of history. I'll try to figure out how he ties into the story. 

Thanks again! 

Kevin

OK, time for the last batch for this thread...

Doc Savage Oct 1941

Great "burning man" cover! Ad inside to join the Doc Savage Club.

A nice, solid complete copy. Square, full paper spine. Has a small tear in spine, a lower right corner crease and just minor reading wear. No ovehang tears because this was trimmed when made. Nice, clean, supple paper with no brittleness.

Was $35.   Now $30.

docsavage1.jpg

docsavage2.jpg

docsavage3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Fantastic Adventures Oct 1947

Awsome GGA semi nude cover.

Nice bright, complete copy. Has square full paper spine with no fading. No chunks or pieces out. Has a few very small, minor overhang tears. A couple minor creases. Nice, flexible, slightly yellowed paper.

$25.

fantasticadv1.jpg

fantasticadv2.jpg

fantasticadv3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Dime Detective April 1945

Beautiful black cover firehouse scene.

Tight spine with full un-faded paper. Book has numerous bends and rippling. Doesn't appear to be water related. But possibily. No tears or missing pieces. Brilliant color with nice interior paper.

$25.

dimedetectiveapril1.jpg

dimedetectiveapril2.jpg

dimedetectiveapril3.jpg

SOLD!

Hollywood Dreamgirl Magazine #1 1955

The beautiful woman of Hollywood. Features Marilyn Monroe (several features), Mamie Van Doren, Jayne Mansfield, Kim Novak, Grace Kelly and many others. Tons of photos.

A bit rough. Spine splits, some bug holes, tears and creases and other general wear. "10" in grease pencil on cover.

$10.

hollywood1.jpg

hollywood2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Amazing Stories May 1952

What can be said about this cover? One of my favorite pulp covers. What would this be worth if a comic book cover...

A decent presenting copy in the bag. Nothing to mar this off the hook cover in the bag. Small piece out of bottom left corner. Small edge and spine tears. Some creases, and general wear.Back cover is a bit of a mess with pieces missing and tears. But who looks at the back cover anyway? Supple interior paper. Well worth having until you can find a better one...

Was $45.   Now $40.

amazingstoriesdeathray1.jpg

amazingstoriesdeathray2.jpg

amazingstoriesdeathray3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Pep Stories Nov 1930

More naughty risque art and stories from the flapper era. Lots of illustrations. On most pages. Rare early issue. Cost 25 cents during the depression and was probably sold under the counter. Early ones like this rarely turn up.

Square, tight, full paper spine. Has a light stain from top to bottom. Some writing probably pencil was erased under the "P" in title. Has some minor overhang tears. No pieces missing and nice supple interior paper.Amazing for a magazine that is 90 years old and probably the rarest girly pulp in the thread...

Was $85.  Now $75.

pep11:30a.jpg

pep11:30b.jpg

pep11:30c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

The Popular Magazine April 1931

Swashbuckling tales. Has a story "Spanish Doubloons" by Major Malcolm Wheeler (the founder of DC Comics). One of the longest running pulp titles.

A little tattered but solid copy. Has full, tight paper spine. Small piece out of upper left corner at spine and a larger one out of back cover in lower left corner. Numerous edge overhang tears and general wear. Interior paper is flexible and no brittleness.

Was $20.  Now $15.

popular1.jpg

popular2.jpg

popular3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Popular Photography Magazine #1 and #2 May and June 1937

First magazine dedicated to Photography for the common man. Has some good "girly" nude "art photo" photography. Great ads and features on photography. Back when photography was truly still an art.

Very nice copies. Both are complete and solid with very little wear. Tight and clean with off white to white slick interior paper.

$45. for the pair

popularphotography1.jpg

popularphotography2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Startling Stories March 1950

Another iconic and in demand cover. Sexy witch in fishnets flying through the night on her broom.

Square, tight spine with full unfaded paper. Neat 2-1/2" upper spine cover split. Small piece out of bottom of back cover. (included in bag). Numerous small edge overhang tears and some short creases in lower right corner. Supple interior paper with no damage.

$45.

startlingwitch1.jpg

startlingwitch2.jpg

startlingwitch3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, that will do it for this thread. All I got this time. I will leave this up through tomorrow and send out invoices on Friday. REMEMBER, send payment promptly. Due to the mess in the world, I will only be doing one run to the post office. If payment isn't received within 3 days, deals are off and you go on my Do Do list!

I might be doing a few more sales threads in the next month or so. Not because I feel the end is near or I need the money (yet),  but I really need to clear out some clutter and it gives me something to keep me occupied and connected with you good folks.

As always, many thanks to all who have purchased, or just gandered at my humble offerings. You are all great folks and are keeping me sane in these trying times. Stay safe and confined so we can beat this. The less people out and about, the less it will travel and the sooner we can get back to our normal lives. And, for gosh sake, look out for others who need your help. Check in with friends and neighbors and do wonderful things like Sharon in the sales thread. Check her out and help if you can.

OK, sermon over, Robot Man over and out!

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Hollywood Dreamgirl Magazine #1 1955

The beautiful woman of Hollywood. Features Marilyn Monroe (several features), Mamie Van Doren, Jayne Mansfield, Kim Novak, Grace Kelly and many others. Tons of photos.

A bit rough. Spine splits, some bug holes, tears and creases and other general wear. "10" in grease pencil on cover.

$10.

hollywood1.jpg

hollywood2.jpg

I'll take this Bob

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Popular Photography Magazine #1 and #2 May and June 1937

First magazine dedicated to Photography for the common man. Has some good "girly" nude "art photo" photography. Great ads and features on photography. Back when photography was truly still an art.

Very nice copies. Both are complete and solid with very little wear. Tight and clean with off white to white slick interior paper.

$45. for the pair

popularphotography1.jpg

popularphotography2.jpg

I'll take these too. I plan to give to my daughter who is now making her living via photography and videography.

1 hour ago, n2wdw said:

I'll take these too. I plan to give to my daughter who is now making her living via photography and videography.

Hollywood pinups

Popular Photography #1,2

Go to n2wdw. Many thanks Mike. Hope your daughter likes these pieces of Photography history!

2 hours ago, n2wdw said:

I expect to see some candid photos of you, popping out of the shower..,