• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp (and Store Stamp) Love
14 14

563 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 6:35 PM, deadleg said:

This yours by any chance? 

Edit: If anybody out there has a book with a May 30th date stamp, I'd be highly interested in adding it to my collection. 

It is my copy but it is also the only one I have and I wouldn't want to break up my Thor run. The stamp is not all that important to me but the book is-- in terms of not creating a hole in my collection. I think I gave it a grade of around 5.0 - not crazy nose bleed of course but decent enough.

I am not unreasonable---- If you can find a decent replacement, I would be willing to trade book for book. Just a reminder though-- the stamp itself is on the back cover of the book.

Edited by 01TheDude

On 7/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, steveinthecity said:

Do any of you know if there’s still an active Date Stamp Want List thread anywhere on the boards?  I know one or two were created, but not sure if they still exist.  I’m unable to find anything archived.

Does this help, Steve?

On 7/13/2022 at 12:37 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Does this help, Steve?

Yes, somewhat.  Thanks for finding that.  I’d think a more structured presentation with a running list on the front page of dates/books found and if available for trade or sale would be more practical and of interest to the community here.  I should also consider that I might be overestimating the level of enthusiasm board members would have for such a thread as similar thread topics seem to burn out after initial bursts of activity. hm

On 7/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, steveinthecity said:

Yes, somewhat.  Thanks for finding that.  I’d think a more structured presentation with a running list on the front page of dates/books found and if available for trade or sale would be more practical and of interest to the community here.  I should also consider that I might be overestimating the level of enthusiasm board members would have for such a thread as similar thread topics seem to burn out after initial bursts of activity. hm

That would be my guess - not enough interest to sustain it, with things the way they are here now. It would likely be down to the one member to keep bumping it. 

On 7/13/2022 at 11:02 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My attempts to google this bookstore have only been marginally successful. If I ever find the guy who applied this enormous stamp, I’ll thank him for at least using an ink color that matched well to the book

DB6273E1-E3F5-49C8-BF53-5576FD6BEA10.jpeg

Awesome stamp!

On 7/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, gadzukes said:

Anyone ever seen this stamp before?  It almost looks like some japanese words in the middle.

I see "Central Trading CO" at the bottom but can't really make anything else out.

Most probably Thai, Chinese, English in that order,

On 7/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It’s Chinese, and the central banner of Chinese says something to the effect of “import trading company”. A close approximation of the English words below it.

my wife speaks Chinese 

Any idea why that stamp would be on it?

On 7/23/2022 at 9:09 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

139508065_Teen-AgeRomance79(January1961)10c.thumb.jpg.035bc89a23c4803aec51b0836be2b794.jpg

Bet thats a Vince Colleta pen & ink original you have there  "Mar".  I flip enough materials to be aware of  his pen strokes.

And no cheating here too.:peace:

On 7/24/2022 at 7:26 AM, ganni said:

Bet thats a Vince Colleta pen & ink original you have there  "Mar".  I flip enough materials to be aware of  his pen strokes.

And no cheating here too. :peace:

I wouldn't call myself an expert but it looked like Dick G to me, Gan. Shall we look it up?