• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You have to will things to be the way you want and people should desire the best for themselves when it's not at the expense of others.

The universe was built to be good

Dont you suffer when things do not turn out the way you will them?  What evidence do you have the universe was built to be good, and what is 'good'?

Just now, kav said:

Buddha had no hope and he procreated just fine.

Hmmm

Numerous ministers preach one thing and do the other...the greatest task is to have ultimate influence and mastery over ones emotions as to not be consumed by them, but to completely abandon hope is to cease to exist on a social level.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Hmmm

Numerous ministers preach one thing and do the other...the greatest task is to have ultimate influence and mastery over ones emotions as to not be consumed by them, but to completely abandon hope is to cease to exist on a social level.

How did buddha preach one thing and do another?

Just now, kav said:

Dont you suffer when things do not turn out the way you will them?  What evidence do you have the universe was built to be good, and what is 'good'?

That's a good question

One that I do not have an answer for

Maybe humanity lost sight of it a long time ago

Maybe social constructs mixed with social norms/conformity/normalization/constructivism/tokenism have blinded us to what is ultimately good for humanity

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Hmmm

Much better than hope is gratefulness.  Hope leads to aw damn I didnt get it.  Then moping.  Gratefulness you just exist and when something good happens you go wow the universe sure is nice to me.  Then you get more to be grateful about.
Hope is a dead end my friend.

That's a good question

One that I do not have an answer for

Maybe humanity lost sight of it a long time ago

Maybe social constructs mixed with social norms/conformity/normalization/constructivism/tokenism have blinded us to what is ultimately good for humanity

We are immortal energy personality essences that take on bodies to experience reality as an interactive 3D movie.  There are all kinds of movies-action adventure, horror, romance.  It's quite exciting and the only game in town.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

We are immortal energy personality essences that take on bodies to experience reality as an interactive 3D movie.  There are all kinds of movies-action adventure, horror, romance.  It's quite exciting and the only game in town.

Art imitates life brother!

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

i would like to read the debunking story or know a bit more about it, if you may know.

Bat soup I think was debunked. Bat to an animal in the wet market I dunno.

"10,000 yrs ago a disease like this could wipe out civilization as we know it" ... no, not at all, the world survived the plague and all sorts of horrendous things far more deadly. of course, 10,000 years ago there wasn't really much in the way of civilization, so maybe you're right.

Edited by the blob

Just now, the blob said:

"10,000 yrs ago a disease like this could wipe out civilization as we know it" ... no, not at all, the world survived the plague and all sorts of horrendous things far more deadly.

No disease can wipe out 100% of a population.  

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

But how do we know those diseases were far more deadly?

Because the plague wiped out like 10%, maybe 20% of the population. The Spanish flu was nearly that deadly in some countries.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

"10,000 yrs ago a disease like this could wipe out civilization as we know it" ... no, not at all, the world survived the plague and all sorts of horrendous things far more deadly. of course, 10,000 years ago there wasn't really much in the way of civilization, so maybe you're right.

The population density back then provided for some serious social isolation between cultures.

Edited by namisgr

Actually, this is a virus...not meaning to correct you or anyone else, but for the sake of discussion....

Yes the virus that causes the disease SARS.  Many diseases are caused by viruses.