• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

And what non-subjective measure would that be based off of...?

The number of people that think that in a group.  Like if you are at a party and everyone keeps pulling you aside and saying um dude youre having too much fun its time to reassess. 

1 minute ago, kav said:

The number of people that think that in a group.  Like if you are at a party and everyone keeps pulling you aside and saying um dude youre having too much fun its time to reassess. 

Loud voices aren't correct by default.

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just sent one in for reholder... :)

unfortunately my premium membership renews not  until May, so I'll wait till then to do a 10 book modern sub...

I got notification that my rehold had been received so now I'm just waiting. Hoping it makes it back in a decent time frame with all this going on. 

8 minutes ago, speedcake said:

what a useless thread.

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR

home, unemployed with 2 kids in the house....  useless sounds fun right about now....  :banana:

while trying to avoid death too...  :whistle:

Edited by god503

2 minutes ago, SpeedforceKJ said:
54 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just sent one in for reholder... :)

unfortunately my premium membership renews not  until May, so I'll wait till then to do a 10 book modern sub...

I got notification that my rehold had been received so now I'm just waiting. Hoping it makes it back in a decent time frame with all this going on. 

Me too! Mine was considered a "ME or "mechanical error", it was that mislabeled Canadian Price slab I got this week.

Anyway, CGC told me to "write 'me' on all sides of the package for correct service", SO I'm not sure if mine will be expedited or not :wishluck: 

BUT I will be sure to update the Current TAT thread for sure! :foryou: 

27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Last I heard was "someone ate a bat". Some have said one of those sloth-looking scaled creatures scratched someone. Haven't heard the snake theory. I don't think we know where it came from (yet).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have heard the "bat" theory as well. Wouldn't surprise me. Bats are filthy creatures that carry a lot of disease. Why any one would want to eat one is WAY beyond me. But I have traveled extensively through out Asia and those folks eat some of the weirdest stuff imaginable. I have been very carefull what I eat there.

Doesn't really matter where it came from at this point. All it has to do is float through the air and land on something. Can't see it, can't smell it, can't taste it. Scary, scary, stuff. I'm not too scared of getting it because I am taking EVERYTHING I hear to heart. No matter how trivial I think it is. The ONLY we can beat this is to stay away from anything or anybody that could possibily bring it into our lives. I know the topic of "personal freedom" has come up here and other places. I get it. MY personal freedom and choices have been severly limited. I am giving up my freedom for a while for my self, my family, my friends and humanity until we beat this. It is the right thing to do. If we do, we will have earned our freedom and will get it back.

Stay well and safe guys!

5 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I wonder if my books I sent in on feb will be done then or put in hold they also went in for pressing 

I would think, they might go through a little quicker than usual. Less submissions. Not a lot of folks sending in for Con season since there aren't any. I have kind of held off a little just to see what happens. I don't want expensive books floating through the mail or sitting around some where right now. The state of FL seems to be generally taking this a little lightly in my opinion. When all those spring break cases hit in a week or so, I might be glad I did.

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I have heard the "bat" theory as well. Wouldn't surprise me. Bats are filthy creatures that carry a lot of disease. Why any one would want to eat one is WAY beyond me. But I have traveled extensively through out Asia and those folks eat some of the weirdest stuff imaginable. I have been very carefull what I eat there.

Doesn't really matter where it came from at this point. All it has to do is float through the air and land on something. Can't see it, can't smell it, can't taste it. Scary, scary, stuff. I'm not too scared of getting it because I am taking EVERYTHING I hear to heart. No matter how trivial I think it is. The ONLY we can beat this is to stay away from anything or anybody that could possibily bring it into our lives. I know the topic of "personal freedom" has come up here and other places. I get it. MY personal freedom and choices have been severly limited. I am giving up my freedom for a while for my self, my family, my friends and humanity until we beat this. It is the right thing to do. If we do, we will have earned our freedom and will get it back.

Stay well and safe guys!

I took a cultural anthropology class the instructor lived with the eskimos and ate what they ate.  One of their delicacies was bury dead birds for six months then dig them up and eat the carcasses feathers and all.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I took a cultural anthropology class the instructor lived with the eskimos and ate what they ate.  One of their delicacies was bury dead birds for six months then dig them up and eat the carcasses feathers and all.

Sounds delicious...:sick: