• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

You're a good person, Robot Man. :)

And just so you know, I think CGC may actually be caught up on every tier right now. It's a great time to submit if you can afford to. Unfortunately, I just spent my monthly comic budget on 8 cans of Lysol spray...   :whistle:

I just sent one in for reholder... :)

unfortunately my premium membership renews not  until May, so I'll wait till then to do a 10 book modern sub...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, sfcityduck said:

A suggestion that some of your statements are unwise or immature is not name calling or an ad hominem.  It is a criticism of your statements.  The statement above, for example, seems terribly unwise because it speculates about the emotions of people you've never met and don't know, and it also ascribes a heroic attribute (the "Man Without Fear") to a behavior which is far from heroic (endangering others by violating the stay at home orders).

I feel free to say my mind on this site because I don't make my living off of comic books.  The dealers on the site generally, with some exceptions, tend to guard their words better than me because they don't want to offend a customer.  It is not at all uncommon for folks to refuse to do business with people they decide they don't like.  So I can't fault the dealers for wisely trying to preserve their customer base.

(Calling a person immature because you disagree with their opinion is an ad hominem.) Does this strike you as ironic? Speculating on the maturity of someone you/others don't know, perhaps? 1 opinion does not define a person. Certainly not me, at least.

Surely, I support any "dealer's" choice to refuse business to anyone for any reason. That's a free market. It's simply irrelevant to this particular discussion, and while I'm sure I'll end up unscathed, could potentially harm one's reputation simply by suggestion (despite, again, being irrelevant to this topic).

I'm not going to question anyone's business integrity because they worship Jesus, for example, and I do not. It's irrelevant to said practice (unless they're putting stickers of Jesus on comic books/slabs - but that's not an indictment on the practice).

11 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I feel free to say my mind on this site because I don't make my living off of comic books.  The dealers on the site generally, with some exceptions, tend to guard their words better than me because they don't want to offend a customer.  It is not at all uncommon for folks to refuse to do business with people they decide they don't like.  So I can't fault the dealers for wisely trying to preserve their customer base.

(worship)

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

I thought the bat theory was debunked a long time ago?

Do they think a bat pooped on some seafood at the Wuhan wet market?

i would like to read the debunking story or know a bit more about it, if you may know.

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Last I heard was "someone ate a bat". Some have said one of those sloth-looking scaled creatures scratched someone. Haven't heard the snake theory. I don't think we know where it came from (yet).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am not sure at this point in the outbreak we are likely to know for certain who patient zero truly is and where he contracted it.  While knowing if it was a white-headed capuchin monkey, a pangolin, a greater horshoe bat, or a many-banded krait would absolutely be helpful but I believe only if we found a carrier of the virus.  Otherwise it is just speculation.

In the end this virus is absolutely killing people by the thousands every day.  And every hour it is spreading across the globe at an alarming rate.  And I do not believe that China is reporting facts anymore.  With every other country erupting in numbers, they have stabilized without a vaccine, I find that alarmingly suspicious.

Edited by Crops068
Couple of errors

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

Think is guilt if the jury is the one who thinks that.

Computer records are absolutely subject to disclosure in civil and criminal litigation.  I get or produce them in almost every case I litigate.  

what do you think about jury nullification?

38 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

(Calling a person immature because you disagree with their opinion is an ad hominem.)

True, but calling a person immature because they are acting immature, is not.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Thanks. I Googled "where did coronavirus come from" and couldn't find what they are called lol.

I did the same thing, and see now that the snake theory was debunked.  Apparently there is no evidence to suggest anything other than mammals and birds can contract it.