• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Comics
2 2

50 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Warren Oates said:

Yes.  I live in a big and here the police will not act on crimes that are non violent or do not rise to felonies.  Had two wheels stolen right off my new car.  Officer told me even if he knew who stole them there was nothing he could do, as the Court process would result in nothing.  That and the fact that they have a lot to do, if you are in a big town don't count on the police doing anything unless you have violence or a felony.

Well, maybe it’s time we become the vigilantes we are so found of reading about in our books as it looks like our government and law enforcement are sending a message to our citizens that crime does pay. Of course, anytime anyone pushes back against a crime, they end up in more trouble than the criminal. Time to end that BS too. 

Edited by Jaylam

1 hour ago, Jaylam said:

Well, maybe it’s time we become the vigilantes we are so found of reading about in our books as it looks like our government and law enforcement are sending a message to our citizens that crime does pay. Of course, anytime anyone pushes back against a crime, they end up in more trouble than the criminal. Time to end that BS too. 

It's pretty ridiculous.

I've been involved in the recover of several stolen expensive comic books and not once was a charge laid or anything followed up on. Even when the person was caught red handed.

Do you want to make the criminal system more efficient?

Decriminalize drugs and take ALL of the resources and move them into mental health. Countries that do this have a massive drop in their drug use and their societies become healthier and happier.

Then use the remaining space in the legal and penal system for real criminals so that they can be prosecuted properly for crimes.

Edited by VintageComics

Local mini mart robbed at gunpoint.  Robber on camera.  Oh and he dropped his cell phone.
Cops still unable to close this case.

When we had a storage unit clear out by someone (household stuff only, no comics), the police were quite honest, they would never recover the stolen merchandise unless someone recognized it while arresting someone for another crime.  Best they could do was to fill out a police report for our insurance company.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 11:06 AM, kav said:

Local mini mart robbed at gunpoint.  Robber on camera.  Oh and he dropped his cell phone.
Cops still unable to close this case.

That's nothing. Last year my whole place was cleaned out! Since no doors or windows were broken or pried open, the police suspected an inside job. They brought me in for questioning, I confessed, got all my missing stuff back, and they cut me loose, not even allowing me to press charges!  The entire system is skewed, crime pays!   :whatthe: