• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Skeezix and Uncle Walt 1924 Reilly and Lee Co

Has the Origin of Skeezix! Fun Platinum Age Book. A truly simpler time. Features a now non PC Black Maid featured in story.

A Nice, clean, tight copy. Has full, tight, well bound cloth spine. A tiny amount of minor wear. Has some small paint? spots on back cover. Has a cute Christmas inscription inside on first page from Grand Nana and Pappa. Everyone should have a few PA books in their collection especially considering this is almost a hundred years old and so cheap.

Was $35.   Now $25.

skeezixunclewalt1.jpg

skeezixunclewalt2.jpg

Alright ... I will take this book for the card. As long I get a shot for your next sale thread for more PA books.  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Alright ... I will take this book for the card. As long I get a shot for your next sale thread for more PA books.  Thanks! 

Skeezix and Uncle Walt plus the Mutt & Jeff card are yours. Thanks!

Well, stuff keeps selling. Lots of cool stuff still here. I have accepted quite a few fair offers. So take another scroll through. 

Got to do some “real” work today so I probably won’t send out invoices out until tomorrow. Will keep it up for today then close down after the invoices go out. 

Thanks for looking gang!

What the heck, I'll add one more cool one...

Reg'lar Fellers in the Army 1943 by Gene Byrnes Published by Ver Halen Publishers, The Brockway Company

Very cool 96 page WWII hard back book. Features double page full color spreads of the Reg'lar Fellers doing their part for the War effort. Intermixed are lots actual combat War photos. Nice "homefront" book and every bit as cool as a lot of comics from this era.

Excellent copy. Clean, bright and tightly bound. Very minimal corner and edge wear.

Was $75.   Now $65.

regfellers1.jpg

regfellers2.jpg

regfellers3.jpg

regfellers4.jpg

regfellers5.jpg

regfellers6.jpg

regfellers7.jpg

regfellers8.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 5/4/2020 at 11:15 AM, Robot Man said:

Ed "Big Daddy" Roth Magazine #1 1964

This is a cool item you just never see anymore. Too bad the flea market is shut down. This would fly off my rack...:sorry:

A very pretty, clean, complete copy. No tears, creases or splits. Spine is smooth and interior attached very tightly to cover. Has a couple small spine bends and a tiny bottom tear in back cover. Bottom back cover has a tiny scuff. Nice, fresh interior paper. Hard to find and never in this shape.

Was $150.   Now $125...

bigdaddyroth1.jpg

:takeit: per PM.  Thanks Bob!   VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Big Daddy Roth mag goes to bounty_coder. Rat Fink loves you Thanks!

DANG,  I  haven't  seen  a copy  of  BDR  since  I  sold  my teenage  copies  in  the  mid-70's.    Only  ever  got  my  hands  on 3  of the four  issues.
That  MAY   have  been my   introduction to Alex  Toth.

Congrats to  bounty_coder,  these  are  tough.  

OK gang, invoices are out.

Thanks for the buys and diversion. Good to keep busy during "house arrest". Anything that makes this monster go away, I'm doing it. "Freedom" be dammned. I'm OK with it.  Books will probably go out on Monday. I only want to make one trip to the covid-19 inflicted post office this time around. I hope you and those you care about are safe and well!

Elvis has left the building!

Unknown.jpg