• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

True Sport Picture Stories V2#6 April 1944

Lots of photo features and comic stories of sports figures of the 1940's. Cool surfing panel and photos of HOF baseball figures.

Real nice, flat, bright, clean copy. Smooth, tight spine. Unusual for single staple WWII comics. No tears or creases. Just very minor wear. Book and centerfold snug to covers. Supple interior paper with no damage.

Was $35.   Now $30.

sport1.jpg

sport2.jpg

sport3.jpg

sport4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wings Pulp Spring 1950 Friction House Pubs

Nice, Capt. Wings GGA cover.

Real nice copy outta my personal stash. Spine is tight, square with full paper and no fading. A few minor edge overhand tears but no chunks, pieces out of covers. A very slight stain on back cover. Pages are only slightly yellowed but very supple. Tougher to find these nice any more.

Was $75.   Now $65.

pulpwingspring1950a.jpg

pulpwingspring1950b.jpg

pulpwingspring1950c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Tip Top #218 Aug-Sept 1959

Partial Peanuts and early 8 page story. Also an inside front cover Peanuts gag page.

Nice, above average copy. Smooth, tight spine. Clean with no tears. Has a small upper right corner crease and a tiny "crimp" at top of book. Tightly, well bound with slightly yellowed interior pages.

$25.

tiptop1.jpg

tiptop2.jpg

SOLD via PM!

Sweethearts #39 Aug 1957

Awsome Sal Mineo drive in movie cover. Not a lot of these as I collect them. Real "old school"...

Decent copy of a tough issue. Neat spine split down to top staple which is neatly popped. A couple very tiny chips out of edge and spine. A couple minor back cover bends. No tears or creases. Nice interior paper. Got a little bit of an upgrade or I would be keeping this one.

Was $65.   Now $60.

sweethearts1.jpg

sweethearts2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Jungle #101 May 1948

Bondage cover with possible impending doom! Baker and Whitman art. Lots of GGA

Cover is neatly detached with small tears at both staples. A few other tiny edge tears. Has a very light stain on Kaanga's back. Light "SF" stamp on gilr's leg. This is a distributor mark from the San Francisco area that I have seen a few of. A decent copy with good color and off white interior pages.

Was $40.   Now $35.

jungle101a.jpg

jungle101b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, weirdness time again...

1978 Superman Telephone Booth AM Radio. One weird looking three dinensional Supe coming out of the booth ready to fight crime. Plastic. And in excellent working condition. 3-1/2" wide x 7" tall. I dare you to find one of these on the boards. OK, bring it on thread crappers...:roflmao:

$35.

toysuperadio1.jpg

toysuperadio2.jpg

toysuperadio3.jpg

SOLD!

Strange Adventures #76 Jan 1957

The earliest and one of the best condition issues from my recently found find. A few very light, tiny spine bends and nicks. Only the very slightest of edge wear. No tears, splits, creases of any kind. Very glossy. Tight, smooth spine and well bound book and centerfold. White to off white interior pages. About as high grade as these get from this era.

$160.

strangeadvs76a.jpg

strangeadvs76b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Marvel Tales #96 June 1950

Very early Marvel/Atlas issue. Frankenstein, bondage, GGA cover. Fat 52 pages!

Has some spine wear with small chip out at top. Corners and edges have a little wear. A few small creases. First 8 interior pages have a small corner cut just so very lightly affecting corners of panels. Still very readable. Supple interior pages. A real decent and affordable copy.

$90.

marveltales1.jpg

marveltales2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Durango Kid #6 Aug-Sept 1950

Nice Frank Frazetta story!

A tight, bright complete copy. Has a little light tanning around perimeter of covers inside and out. Not brittle or fragile. A small bend in upper left corner. No splits, chips, tears or missing pieces. Very easily readable with pretty nice interior pages. Book and centerfold well bound to covers.

$30.

durangokid1.jpg

durangokid2.jpg

durangokid3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM!

Amazing Stories Pulp Dec 1947

Second appearance of the Green Man. Great back cover. I just had to read it again!

An "Amazing" copy of this cool pulp right out of my collection. Very bright powerful purple cover! Fat spine is square, tight with full paper and no fading. Top of book is trimmed from the printing plant. Right side and bottom have only just a couple small overhand tears. Interior paper has only the slightest yellowing. Supple and fresh.

Was $35.  Now $25.

pulpamazingdec1947a.jpg

pulpamazingdec1947b.jpg

pulpamazingdec1947c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Blue Beetle #35 Oct 1944

Violent issue according to Overstreet. I would agree. Cool Cocaine story.

A real rough reader. Covers are split, detached and tattered. About 1/2 of back cover is missing. A few chips are out. Cool cover image is for the most part un-affected. Very nice interior paper. A real cheap GA superhero book with great contents.

$35.

bluebeetle1.jpg

bluebeetle2.jpg

bluebeetle3.jpg

bluebeetle4.jpg

23 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Strange Adventures #76 Jan 1957

The earliest and one of the best condition issues from my recently found find. A few very light, tiny spine bends and nicks. Only the very slightest of edge wear. No tears, splits, creases of any kind. Very glossy. Tight, smooth spine and well bound book and centerfold. White to off white interior pages. About as high grade as these get from this era.

$160.

strangeadvs76a.jpg

strangeadvs76b.jpg

You are killing me. :frustrated:

"Investing" in DC..., :screwy: 

:takeit: 

DilbertInvestingStrip.gif

Billy Bunny's Christmas Frolics #1 1952 Giant 100 page Farrell Annual

Farrell only put out 4 annuals I believe. This is one of them. Cool Christmas cover with pretty decent contents for a "funny animal" book. A scarce book.

Back cover is missing. Square, full, tight paper spine with no fade. These are usually severly rolled with paper missing when found. This one is nice. Has a "25 cents" grease pencil mark in center of cover. Tiny chip out of bottom left corner. No tears or creases. Front cover and spine are well attached to interior. Pages are off white to very light cream. Supple with no damage.

I know it's a stinker funny animal book... but this one is a real exception I think

Was $45.   Now $40.

billybunny1.jpg

billybunny2.jpg

billybunny3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Well other than lizzards2, seems like crickets here today. Must just be Marvel collectors on today... :roflmao:

Got another pile or two of similar stuff to do. Depends how today goes. Might come back with some more today or hit it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I think I might "excercise MY rights", crank up my Indian, meet up with a couple of my biker buddies and take a ride down to beach and harass some protestors. Socially distancing of course with a bandanna. :devil:

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Well other than lizzards2, seems like crickets here today. Must just be Marvel collectors on today... :roflmao:

Got another pile or two of similar stuff to do. Depends how today goes. Might come back with some more today or hit it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I think I might "excercise MY rights", crank up my Indian, meet up with a couple of my biker buddies and take a ride down to beach and harass some protestors. Socially distancing of course with a bandanna. :devil:

Very quiet isn't it. At times like this, you might be forgiven for thinking the boards would be thriving with so many people off from work and such. And yet the opposite seems to be the case. Funny old times. Enjoy the ride. I may not buy, but I do enjoy window shopping here in your threads. 

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I'm trying to eat those crickets as fast as a I can.

Why don't you just send me a preview, and be done with it. :cool:

22 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Sell me GI Combat #83 8.0.

lol It's not even in possession  yet!