• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Ha Ha #46 Oct 1947

One more can be said about this cover? A real favorite that I always get numerous comments on when I post it. A "wall book" for me that sells quickly everytime I am lucky enough to have an extra copy for sale. All right, enough of the hype...

A nice solid copy with incredible color. Has some spine wear and a couple long, light creases in lower right corner. No tears or missing pieces. Nice interior pages. Either box dive a LOT or try to outbid me on the bay when every once in a while one appears.

$45.

haha1.jpg

haha2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Ha Ha #46 Oct 1947

One more can be said about this cover? A real favorite that I always get numerous comments on when I post it. A "wall book" for me that sells quickly everytime I am lucky enough to have an extra copy for sale. All right, enough of the hype...

A nice solid copy with incredible color. Has some spine wear and a couple long, light creases in lower right corner. No tears or missing pieces. Nice interior pages. Either box dive a LOT or try to outbid me on the bay when every once in a while one appears.

$45.

haha1.jpg

haha2.jpg

Take it

Black Cat Mystery #36 June 1952

Beautiful black cover. Used in Seduction of the Innocent on pages 270-271. Violent, sick issue. People eaten by rats and sharks, whipping, burned alive. I can see why the good Doctor loved this one.

Covers are very neatly split and detached. Very slight corner at top edge wear. Covers are very glossy and bright. No pieces missing, no creases and no tears. Interior is tight and clean with real nice white pages and no damage. Looks great "in the mylar". Has been my personal copy for a few years. Got an attached one but it doesn't look nearly as nice as this one does in the mylar.

$70.

blackcatmystery1.jpg

blackcatmystery2.jpg

blackcatmystery3.jpg

blackcatmystery4.jpg

blackcatmystery5.jpg

blackcatmystery6.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 1:59 PM, Robot Man said:

1976 DC Super Friends Metal Lunch Box

Features all the DC characters of the era. Colorful and bright.

Has some minor color scuffing and spotting here and there. Corners are nice with no denting. Christa Lee Shaw lightly scratched her name with Room K on top edge of one side. Inside is a bit dirty and has some stickers attached. Could probably be cleaned up pretty easily if desired. A great piece that would be gone quick if I could be at my flea market space...

$50.

toysuperherolb1.jpg

toysuperherolb2.jpg

toysuperherolb3.jpg

toysuperherolb4.jpg

toysuperherolb5.jpg

toysuperherolb6.jpg

toysuperherolb7.jpg

This is a special piece to me.  I had this one in third grade I believe, and I absolutely loved it.  I would buy it in a minute if I didn't have one I bought years ago (I also collect boxes to my wife's chagrin).  This is not an easy one to find in my opinion.   I do love the stickers and name scratching as well.  Great find! 

36 minutes ago, Norrin's lawyer said:

This is a special piece to me.  I had this one in third grade I believe, and I absolutely loved it.  I would buy it in a minute if I didn't have one I bought years ago (I also collect boxes to my wife's chagrin).  This is not an easy one to find in my opinion.   I do love the stickers and name scratching as well.  Great find! 

Someone actually sent me a resume in a Disney Bi-Centennial lunch box once; it even included plastic fruit and sandwiches. Very clever and it scored them an interview! I still have the lunchbox.

12 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Someone actually sent me a resume in a Disney Bi-Centennial lunch box once; it even included plastic fruit and sandwiches. Very clever and it scored them an interview! I still have the lunchbox.

You obviously work in the creative field. I have a few stories like that. Did the person get the job?

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

You obviously work in the creative field. I have a few stories like that. Did the person get the job?

He did not. At the time I was managing a group of Graphic and Lighting Designers. He wasn't the right fit for us but I turned him onto some other contacts. Still one of the most clever resumes I received over the years. Never got a resume in the form of a comic; that would have made my day!!

25 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

He did not. At the time I was managing a group of Graphic and Lighting Designers. He wasn't the right fit for us but I turned him onto some other contacts. Still one of the most clever resumes I received over the years. Never got a resume in the form of a comic; that would have made my day!!

While an art director in an ad agency, I got a resume inside of a 1950's Batman comic book. Thought it was great work on her part to do her home work. She knew somebody on the inside and he told her I collected old comics. Yeah, she got the interview and although not the full time position, she got a lot of freelance work out of it.

My first resume was in the form of the famous Playboy interview page with three pictures of me. I also did a package of baseball cards. With me photographed in all nine positions and my resume on the back. Even made up wax packs to put them in. Got a lot of interviews.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

SOLD via PM!

Thrilling Wonder Pulp Winter 1945

Awsome metal wonder bra parachute cover by Earl Bergy!

Nice, square spine with full paper and bright color. Has a small tear at base of spine. Has a few minor edge overhang tears at top and bottom. Upper right corner crease that barely breaks color. Back cover has a few small spots at top corner. Nice, supple interior paper. Out of my personal collection but I might break up with her.

$40.

pulpthrillingwinter1945a.jpg

pulpamazingdec1.jpg

Take both per PM

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

While an art director in an ad agency, I got a resume inside of a 1950's Batman comic book. Thought it was great work on her part to do her home work. She knew somebody on the inside and he told her I collected old comics. Yeah, she got the interview and although not the full time position, she got a lot of freelance work out of it.

My first resume was in the form of the famous Playboy interview page with three pictures of me. I also did a package of baseball cards. With me photographed in all nine positions and my resume on the back. Even made up wax packs to put them in. Got a lot of interviews.

Those would have got you into see me for sure!

By the way we went up to get take out at our favorite Japanese restaurant last night (want these places around when we can dine out again) which is on Green Street west of PCC. As we went home we passed PCC and saw many signs saying there was no flea market this weekend! Too bad; great weather this weekend too. I don't go too often but every now and then the mood strikes and I head over for fun.

15 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

By the way we went up to get take out at our favorite Japanese restaurant last night (want these places around when we can dine out again) which is on Green Street west of PCC. As we went home we passed PCC and saw many signs saying there was no flea market this weekend! Too bad; great weather this weekend too. I don't go too often but every now and then the mood strikes and I head over for fun.

Yeah, suks...:sorry:Only the second month of probably a few more no show. I know I would have gone if for no other reason, just to see my junkin buddies. I rarely find many comics there anymore but every once in a while something else cool turns up. Funny thing is that with this going on there are also no garage sales, estate sales or auctions either. The dealers probably wouldn't have much new any way but still...

Superman #43 Nov-Dec 1946

Nice copy with smooth spine and great color. Has several light water? or stain spots on cover. One has a tiny hole. Upper top part of cover has a 1-1/2" neat tear. Top staple is neatly popped. No pieces missing and no creasing. Off white interior paper.

$100.

superman1.jpg

superman2.jpg