• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Changer said:

I recently have been very busy bidding but rarely winning on the recent heritage auctions.

Yeah, in general, I haven't noticed a whole lot of down turn in the comic market on line. As a collector of lots of things, I know the collector mentality. We just gotta get our fixes. I'm pretty sure I'd still be doing pretty well at my local shows if this wasn't going on.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, in general, I haven't noticed a whole lot of down turn in the comic market on line. As a collector of lots of things, I know the collector mentality. We just gotta get our fixes. I'm pretty sure I'd still be doing pretty well at my local shows if this wasn't going on.

Seems like the big 'investment grade' keys and a lot of speculator books have gone down, but in terms of general GA books prices are strong, even rising for many books I have been watching. I'm kind of surprised honestly, I expected things to slow down if not actually drop.

Just now, OdinsSecrets said:

Seems like the big 'investment grade' keys and a lot of speculator books have gone down, but in terms of general GA books prices are strong, even rising for many books I have been watching. I'm kind of surprised honestly, I expected things to slow down if not actually drop.

I kind of thought so too. I guess the whole world isn't in financial ruin yet. I doubt too many people will be dumping their collections in mass. Same thing happened in 2008. The market has a way of absorbing nice GA stuff. I'm sure guys sitting on big, high grade GA and SA keys are a little nervous. I have always said, for every top end guy there are a hundred guys who are happy to buy lower grade books just to be able to own one. Most of us are priced out of a lot of books now. Time will tell...

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Strange Adventures #100 Jan 1959

Great Gorilla cover that permeated so many DC books during this time. Cool story.

A very nice copy. Tight, glossy and bright. No splits, tears, creases or missing pieces. Nice corners. Back cover has a sun shadow across top right to left (or vice versa). A few light, minor spine bends. Very slight tanning at top of inside covers. Everything snugly attached. Supple interior pages. Nice looking copy.

$40.

strangeadvs100a.jpg

strangeadvs100b.jpg

:takeit:per PM...:foryou:

On 5/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, Robot Man said:

Durango Kid #6 Aug-Sept 1950

Nice Frank Frazetta story!

A tight, bright complete copy. Has a little light tanning around perimeter of covers inside and out. Not brittle or fragile. A small bend in upper left corner. No splits, chips, tears or missing pieces. Very easily readable with pretty nice interior pages. Book and centerfold well bound to covers.

$30.

durangokid1.jpg

durangokid2.jpg

durangokid3.jpg

I’ll take it

OK, price drops are now in effect. Will leave this up today and send out invoices tomorrow. 

IMPORTANT NOTE... Only accepting PayPal on this one. Payment is required within 3 days of invoice. Due to the current conditions, I will only be going to the Post Office once. So please pay promptly. Most all you cool folks do, but there is always a straggler that I have to remind. 

As always, thanks for looking and buying. The money is nice but the diversion is priceless. Stay safe mi amigos and for everybody’s sake abide by these suckie rules. This will end sooner than later if we do. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:55 PM, Robot Man said:

Secret Story #7 June 1954

Great signed Colletta "grey tone" cover!

Spine is very neatly split to bottom staple which is popped. Back cover has a neat horizontal tear all the way across book. Upper right corner has a long crease. A little edge wear but no other tears or creases. No pieces missing or anything that mars this cool cover much. Nice slightly off white interior pages. I've seen a couple nice copies of this go for stupid money. Grab a nicely presenting copy "in the bag" a lot cheaper.

Was $35.  Now $25

secretstory1.jpg

secretstory2.jpg

I'll take it

On 5/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, Robot Man said:

Amazing Spiderman Annual #2 1965

From a fun little pre-covit score I picked up...I remember plunking down my allowance money for it when it came out. :preach:

Solid copy with nice color and complete. Small upper spine split/tear. A little dirty that would probably clean up quite a bit with a cleaning. Tips of corners have a little wear. A little cover and edge wear. No real tears, creases or other damage otherwise. Tightly bound with nice interior pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

spiderman1.jpg

spiderman2.jpg

:takeit: I have my late older brother’s copy that he bought for a nickel at Ben’s Bargains on Grant Ave.  Could use another copy.

Still love the Doc Savage badge that I bought from you.

Edited by BitterOldMan

56 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

:takeit: I have my late older brother’s copy that he bought for a nickel at Ben’s Bargains on Grant Ave.  Could use another copy.

Still love the Doc Savage badge that I bought from you.

Spider-Man Annual #2 sold to BitterOldMan. Thanks Ray hope you are going well up there!

Yeah, that Doc Savage badge is cool. I love the bronze color. Do you have the Shadow one?

:gossip: Still got a couple real nice Doc Savage Pulps available...

On 5/2/2020 at 2:16 PM, Robot Man said:

Skeezix at the Circus 1926 Reilly and Lee Co

Fun Platinum Age Book. A truly simpler time. Features a now non PC Black Maid featured in story.

A Nice, clean, tight copy. Has full, tight, well bound cloth spine. A few small scratches and nicks. Inside back cover has a slight tear at top. Nice Christmas inscription from Grandma inside.  Everyone should have a few PA books in their collection especially considering this is almost a hundred years old and so cheap.

Was $30.   Now $20!

skeezixcircus1.jpg

skeezixcircus2.jpg

If still available... I will take it.  I had started collecting PA comic strip books. Bringing Up Father is my favourite. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

If still available... I will take it.  I had started collecting PA comic strip books. Bringing Up Father is my favourite. Thanks!

Skeezix at the Circus goes to Fan Boy. Many thanks sir!

I really like the Mutt & Jeff ones the best. 

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Skeezix at the Circus goes to Fan Boy. Many thanks sir!

I really like the Mutt & Jeff ones the best. 

Do you? Any else you might have ... Mutt & Jeff are a hoot!

I still have that super cheap origin of Skeezix book on page one. Skeezix and Uncle Walt. I have more of this stuff but I can’t access them right now. Tell you what, if you, or anyone else buys the other Skeezix book, I will throw in this circa 1915 Mutt & Jeff advertising card...FREE!...hm

5B916389-CCB7-4846-B117-80AD8655FF66.jpeg

ADD99F6A-1C1A-48C3-8B16-D7B4710DDDF4.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 5/3/2020 at 2:53 PM, Robot Man said:

SOLD via PM!

Amazing Stories Pulp Dec 1947

Second appearance of the Green Man. Great back cover. I just had to read it again!

An "Amazing" copy of this cool pulp right out of my collection. Very bright powerful purple cover! Fat spine is square, tight with full paper and no fading. Top of book is trimmed from the printing plant. Right side and bottom have only just a couple small overhand tears. Interior paper has only the slightest yellowing. Supple and fresh.

Was $35.  Now $25.

pulpamazingdec1947a.jpg

pulpamazingdec1947b.jpg

pulpamazingdec1947c.jpg

I'll take both the green man Amazing stories per PM! 

pulpamazingoct1946a.thumb.jpg.cb09419f0b05e81deaf6d09d9456fca4.jpg

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I still have that super cheap origin of Skeezix book on page one. Skeezix and Uncle Walt. I have more of this stuff but I can’t access them right now. Tell you what, if you, or anyone else buys the other Skeezix book, I will throw in this circa 1915 Mutt & Jeff advertising card...FREE!...hm

5B916389-CCB7-4846-B117-80AD8655FF66.jpeg

ADD99F6A-1C1A-48C3-8B16-D7B4710DDDF4.jpeg

That town is just 96 miles West of my location.