• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

Pogo Parade #1 1953 Giant 100 page issue!

Packed with great Walt Kelly art and stories.

Bottom right corner and back cover have small pieces out with a light stain in that area in back. Small upper spine tear. A couple small, light marks on cover. Spine is smooth with all paper. Very tightly bound and very nice interior paper. Very solid copy.

Was $25.   Now $20!

pogo1.jpg

pogo2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Strange Adventures #100 Jan 1959

Great Gorilla cover that permeated so many DC books during this time. Cool story.

A very nice copy. Tight, glossy and bright. No splits, tears, creases or missing pieces. Nice corners. Back cover has a sun shadow across top right to left (or vice versa). A few light, minor spine bends. Very slight tanning at top of inside covers. Everything snugly attached. Supple interior pages. Nice looking copy.

$40.

strangeadvs100a.jpg

strangeadvs100b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM!

Ed "Big Daddy" Roth Magazine #1 1964

This is a cool item you just never see anymore. Too bad the flea market is shut down. This would fly off my rack...:sorry:

A very pretty, clean, complete copy. No tears, creases or splits. Spine is smooth and interior attached very tightly to cover. Has a couple small spine bends and a tiny bottom tear in back cover. Bottom back cover has a tiny scuff. Nice, fresh interior paper. Hard to find and never in this shape.

Was $150.   Now $125...

bigdaddyroth1.jpg

bigdaddyroth2.jpg

bigdaddyroth3.jpg

bigdaddyroth4.jpg

bigdaddyroth5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK, weirdness time again...

1978 Superman Telephone Booth AM Radio. One weird looking three dinensional Supe coming out of the booth ready to fight crime. Plastic. And in excellent working condition. 3-1/2" wide x 7" tall. I dare you to find one of these on the boards. OK, bring it on thread crappers...:roflmao:

$35.

toysuperadio1.jpg

toysuperadio2.jpg

toysuperadio3.jpg

Boy I sure don't remember seeing that back in 1978; and that was the height of my DC collecting mania. It isn't exactly the greatest looking piece of merchandise either and if it wasn't date stamped I would swear it was from the fifties or sixties. I wonder if it was a real licensed product or a rip.

SOLD!

Amazing Spiderman Annual #2 1965

From a fun little pre-covit score I picked up...I remember plunking down my allowance money for it when it came out. :preach:

Solid copy with nice color and complete. Small upper spine split/tear. A little dirty that would probably clean up quite a bit with a cleaning. Tips of corners have a little wear. A little cover and edge wear. No real tears, creases or other damage otherwise. Tightly bound with nice interior pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

spiderman1.jpg

spiderman2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Boy I sure don't remember seeing that back in 1978; and that was the height of my DC collecting mania. It isn't exactly the greatest looking piece of merchandise either and if it wasn't date stamped I would swear it was from the fifties or sixties. I wonder if it was a real licensed product or a rip.

Yeah, it is a licensed item if you look at the back. But yeah, real funky and kind of weird but a cool piece that rarely turns up.

Little Lulu #17 Nov 1949 Fat 52 page issue

Clever and cool Thanksgiving cover. Boy, Lulu means business doesn't she? 'yall. by now know I like holiday covers. This is one of my favorite ones for Thanksgiving. Just picked up a real nice one or it wouldn't be here.

Spine roll. A few small tears and stress lines on spine. Bottom right corner has some small creases as does top corner. A bit worn, but a very solid well attached bright reading copy with supple paper.

Was $15.   Now $12.

littlelulu1.jpg

littlelulu2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Fantastic Adventures Bedsheet size Pulp Magazine #1 May 1939 Ziff Davis Pubs

Awsome Robot cover with a Doc Savage rip off character. Beautiful Paul full back cover.

8-1/2" x 11-1/4"  Spine is a bit rolled. Lots of wrinkles and small cover creases. Some small edge tears and a small piece out at bottom by spine. A lot of wear but a real solid copy. Spine has near full paper. Everything well bound and nice supple interior paper. Only one I've seen.

Was $65.   Now $50.

pulpfantasticadvs1a.jpg

pulpfantasticadvs1b.jpg

pulpfantasticadvs1c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Had a great day yesterday. Got together with a first responder, an outlaw 1%er, and a couple other biker buddies for a ride. We took our vintage bikes for a roll down coast highway in Huntington and Newport Beach taunting the protestors. Somebody has to represent the majority of folks doing the right thing. Nothing like the loud rumble of 6 Harleys with signs and middle fingers to drown out their clueless, selfish political protesting. Made about 4 runs until a smiling cop told us we should probably move on...:roflmao:

image.png.6bcc0c84c9bcfc7ea9f94c81e0bcc686.png

Hey is that you and your buddies in this shot of the protests on the CNN website or are those police motorcycles? Saw the four bikes and I wondered but now that I look closer they don't look like Harley's.

SOLD!

Unknown World #1 June 1952

Fabulous Norm Saunders Screaming girl Skeleton cover! Wild contents. GGA, people being attacked by skeletons, dogs and such. Corpses, drowning people and plenty of other mayhem. A whole lot of screaming going on in this one! :roflmao:

Got a little wear and tear but not bad. Numerous small wrinkles and light creases. Really show up on these black covers. Centerfold neatly detached and top staple is neatly popped. Bound by bottom one only. Nothing missing, no major tears just a lot of general wear. Oh, of note, back in the old days, pre-bags and big money, dealers would pencil in the price on the back cover. I would happily but these all day at those prices.:devil:

I paid up the kazoo for the Bethlehem copy so I can let this one go.

$75.

unknownworlds1.jpg

unknownworlds2.jpg

unknownworlds3.jpg

unknownworlds4.jpg

unknownworlds5.jpg

unknownworlds6.jpg

unknownworlds7.jpg

unknownworlds8.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

16 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

image.png.6bcc0c84c9bcfc7ea9f94c81e0bcc686.png

Hey is that you and your buddies in this shot of the protests on the CNN website or are those police motorcycles? Saw the four bikes and I wondered but now that I look closer they don't look like Harley's.

No, those are police who were VERY cool in spite of the disrespect they were taking. We made our presence and discust known well. 6 loud bikes with our own signs two deep. I get it, I really do, and want the same thing but selfish, total disreguard for any one other than themselves is horrible. We made our point and took our licks too. The gathering was by the way, well organized by "special interest" groups. Ugly times...

Superboy #9 July-Aug 1950

Cool, early 52 page issue. Really got your dimes worth back then.

This copy has a couple married centerfold that are neatly slid in but not attached. I see a tiny, obvious color touch spot at top. A little rough around the edges. Has a few edge tears. A lot of wear and tear but solid and well bound with nice interior pages.

Was $60.   Now $45! 

superboy1.jpg

superboy2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Romantic Story#7 Nov 1950

Cool cover with teenagers spinning the wax. So innocent times.

Beautiful copy. Looks basicialy un-read. Was sold to me by Harley years ago as a file copy but I can't confirm it as there are no markings. Could be a Crowley? Flat, clean, tight with nice inks. No splits, tears or creases. Has just a couple small spine bends and nicks and a slightly upper right corner abrasion. Tightly attached with real nice interior paper. Hard to find a nicer one probably.

Was $70.  Now $60 (what I paid Harley)

romanticstory1.jpg

romanticstory2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Ace Comics #76 July 1943

Cool WWII "Victory Garden" cover! The Phantom, Prince Valiant and Jungle Jim by Alex Raymond.

A rough but complete copy. Both covers are split and detached. Some small pieces missing on the sides. The cover presents pretty well in a mylar. Interior has a few small splits and tears but very readable. A cheap piece of WWII history!

$25.

ace1.jpg

ace2.jpg

37 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Unknown World #1 June 1952

Fabulous Norm Saunders Screaming girl Skeleton cover! Wild contents. GGA, people being attacked by skeletons, dogs and such. Corpses, drowning people and plenty of other mayhem. A whole lot of screaming going on in this one! :roflmao:

Got a little wear and tear but not bad. Numerous small wrinkles and light creases. Really show up on these black covers. Centerfold neatly detached and top staple is neatly popped. Bound by bottom one only. Nothing missing, no major tears just a lot of general wear. Oh, of note, back in the old days, pre-bags and big money, dealers would pencil in the price on the back cover. I would happily but these all day at those prices.:devil:

I paid up the kazoo for the Bethlehem copy so I can let this one go.

$75.

unknownworlds1.jpg

What is the purplish spot next to the U?

OK, that's what I got pulled with pictures. I think I will let this stuff "simmer" for a while before I decide to pull out any more. LOTS of cool stuff left here let's see where it goes...

Gotta sign off for a while. Going to go out and excercise my "personal freedoms" and do some well needed yard work. Who would have ever thought I would WANT to do yard work?  :roflmao:

Thanks for looking!

2 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

What is the purplish spot next to the U?

Good question. For some reason it looks a lot darker than in hand in the photo. I would say maybe nail polish? It's not shiny but very dull. It doesn't stand out nearly as much in hand. Just not sure.

Just now, Robot Man said:

Good question. For some reason it looks a lot darker than in hand in the photo. I would say maybe nail polish? It's not shiny but very dull. It doesn't stand out nearly as much in hand. Just not sure.

Hmm okay, thanks for checking. I will take the book please. 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Marvel Tales #96 goes to AJLewandoski. Many thanks sir!  My spirits are actually OK, just wondering where everyone is? Thanks to you guys to keep me company!

I recently have been very busy bidding but rarely winning on the recent heritage auctions.