• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

325 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

To my knowledge, there is first class letter and first class boxed.  If you are paying for first class boxed, it shouldn't be a concern.  She may need an edjumacation. :sumo: 

Yeah, I once had a similarly fussy postal employee tell me to put a shipping peanut in my envelopes to GET THEM to qualify for the first-class package since the envelopes were fitting through the aforementioned slot. So arbitrary at times...

Edited by PopKulture

7 hours ago, lizards2 said:
7 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Huh.   She's   treating  it  as  if  it's  a  sizing   matrix,   If it slides  through,  great!  if  it  doesn't,   more money!  

Regardless,   this time  I'm  not  offering  First  Class. 

Well, yeah, it is more money.

In my younger days I tried to slide into the sizing matrix. When it worked, it resulted in more money in the long run. :cry:

Edited by Jeffro.

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

In my younger days I tried to slide into the sizing matrix. When it worked, it resulted in more money in the long run. :cry:

Did you  choose the red stamp or the blue stamp?

Something  to tide you over until  this  afternoon.  

LL's  stuff  starts  around  2 PM  or  thereabouts. 

Tales To Astonish 36

3rd  Ant Man

Decent  VG,  with  chips out upper  edge,  some general  wear.   Good gloss,  tight  spine  and CF,  off-white - white pages. 
Teensy  tear  RH  edge FC,   tiny  tape pull  BC.

Asking  $150

U476I9X.jpg

24 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

:popcorn:

Greetings gang!

Apologies,  the afternoon session is canceled. Even during lockdown Real Life is interfering. Look for me this evening Eightish.

55 minutes ago, allthingskryptonite said:
16 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Threadcrap Gang - Appear!

How do I join the gang? :devil:

I think you just follow @porcupine48 around and do what he does. :cool: 

Howdy Ho!  Let's get started. 

Junie #1

Small tear  lower  edge FC,   small  piece out lower  LH  corner  FC,  wraps  around  to  BC. Quarter  sized piece out  BC at lower  staple, 
with   tape  covering  the hole,   tape  repairs  along  entire spine  inside. With all that being said,  it  displays  nicely  for  a  lowgrader. 
Tight with white pages.

Asking  $100

KAkWIzT.jpg

1Eednuy.jpg 

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Howdy Ho!  Let's get started. 

Junie #1

Small tear  lower  edge FC,   small  piece out lower  LH  corner  FC,  wraps  around  to  BC. Quarter  sized piece out  BC at lower  staple, 
with   tape  covering  the hole,   tape  repairs  along  entire spine  inside. With all that being said,  it  displays  nicely  for  a  lowgrader. 
Tight with white pages.

Asking  $10)

Other Bonnett's stamp.  Are there more of them from the owner?

Nellie  The Nurse 5

Bonus  staple   center  spine,  see  scan.  Appears  to be  there  to  hold  the cover in place,   looks like the  single 
staple  is  popped.  otherwise  tight  and  complete,  nice Bonnetts  stamp,  white pages

Asking  $70

qoOGzsr.jpg

y3VD4GC.jpg

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Other Bonnett's stamp.  Are there more of them from the owner?

Quite  a  few  Bonnetts  stamps in  this  batch,   Lunatic Lite  is  from  Ohio, and has been shopping  the  bargain bins  for  years  and years. 

Sunny 12

Two  bonus  staples  along  spine,  looks  like they're  there to  hold  on  a loose  cover 

Otherwise  flat  and  tight enough   with general wear  and off-white pages,  but  there's  a  BIG  flaw.  
Take  a look  at the third  scan,   the first  interior page  is   missing a  big  ol'   piece.   

O'street  G  is  over  $100,  asking  $40  SOLD!

lbE0pOh.jpg

pVBqvpJ.jpg

vktFeE1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

OBOY!   Another   obscure   Teen Humor   #1!

Kitty  #1,  1948

Flat  and tight,  decent  gloss, white  pages.  but  small tears upper  and RH  edge FC,   1" split  lower  spine.  
There's  a big  dogear  lower  LH  BC,  see  second  scan,  and  several  interior  pages  have  some  sooty looking  soiling  
in  the  same  area,  about  the same  size.  I've  played  with  that  kind  of  thing  before  and  often  have had  success 
lifting most or all of  it,   but  this  isn't  my  book  so  you're on your own,  :D

Asking $80

HzEnXFN.jpg

ZHuacAq.jpg

Adventures  Into Terror 23

Ooh,  check it out,    decapitated  head in  the  little box  lower  FC,  "The Cannibals!"
There  is  NOTHING  AT  ALL   like  that in  the  story, lol

Corner off  upper  RH  FC,  otherwise split  lower  spine,   general wear  and dogears,  tight spine  and CF,  good  gloss,  off-white pages. 

Asking  $45  for   a decapitation  cover  that  isn't  broken out yet in  Overstreet  SOLD!

L1mDK1o.jpg

4nARdv8.jpg

Edited by catrick339