• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Thor
2 2

226 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

WHy brings Physics into this! It just looks cool! 

look here sonny-

2 hours ago, kav said:

If you extrapolate superman's poor use of his powers it would be equivalent to a person not using their legs to walk but instead crawling around like a worm, not opening their eyes to see but trying to play pinball by sense of smell etc.

Him and Martian Manhunter both!

45 minutes ago, kav said:

Thor would sneak up, hit him with hammer and supes would barely notice the insignificant blow.  The hammer does not strikes with the power of a nucular bomb and superman shrugs them off with ease.  It would be the equivalent of a single molecule hitting you at 1 mph.

Probably. But that big viking oaf ain't sneaking up on that super hearing.

Writers can do whatever they want. These no power or lower power super heroes aren't doing nothing. I can use my speed and agility to out maneuver a bull dozer but dont think my fist will have much effect on it. 

10 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Writers can do whatever they want. These no power or lower power super heroes aren't doing nothing. I can use my speed and agility to out maneuver a bull dozer but dont think my fist will have much effect on it. 

If writers can write a story where jimmy olsen gets knocked out and wakes up and thinks he has super powers and thru a serious of coincidences he actually seems to have super powers, no matter how superman tries to tell him he dont, they can write anything.  A baby fighting thor to a standstill would be no problemo.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Thor would sneak up, hit him with hammer and supes would barely notice the insignificant blow.  The hammer does not strikes with the power of a nucular bomb and superman shrugs them off with ease.  It would be the equivalent of a single molecule hitting you at 1 mph.

Yeah

But you didn't see my earlier analogy if Thors hammer was made of kryptonite 

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah

But you didn't see my earlier analogy if Thors hammer was made of kryptonite 

I mean you could say what if caps shield was made of kryptonite what if octo-doctopus tentacles were made of kryptonite what if spider mans webs were made of kryptonite-

19 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

But did Batman beat him or not?

Or did DC just steal the idea for the Mech Batsuit from Starks idea for the hulk buster? 

1 hour ago, G G ® said:

Thor is a really cool dude who looks the part. He's a Viking with morals.

Supes likes to dress up in tights and show off his underpants. He is also extremely arrogant thinking he can maintain a secret identity by donning a pair of glasses. :facepalm:

He also has a low opinion of human beings assuming that most cannot detect such a flimsy disguise.

He's also responsible for Smallville, the show. A show which ran on longer than an oscar acceptance speech. :sumo:

I liked Superboy stories better, when he grew up, he was kind of a dik.  

This is true

DOWN WITH SUPERMAN!

1 minute ago, kav said:

I submit that kryptonite does not kill superman.  He has been exposed to it plenty, once for a full week and it it just made him weak.

Potato chips make me weak so I know the feeling....Imagine they made a super dosed sour cream and onion potato chip and called it Kryptonite 

15 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

But did Batman beat him or not?

Or did DC just steal the idea for the Mech Batsuit from Starks idea for the hulk buster? 

I dont he ever beat him in comics. Not 100% sure. Bigger batman fans than me, havnt read ever comic. They fought at least once, maybe it was super boy even but batman had krypto everything and really didn't come close. Pretty sure mech super soilder suit was all movie. Superman didn't want to kill batman in the movie either. It can happen. I can write a comic where you defeat superman. I will call it Hollywood kills the dc universe! Catchy huh?

1 minute ago, Myowncollector said:

I dont he ever beat him in comics. Not 100% sure. Bigger batman fans than me, havnt read ever comic. They fought at least once, maybe it was super boy even but batman had krypto everything and really didn't come close. Pretty sure mech super soilder suit was all movie. Superman didn't want to kill batman in the movie either. It can happen. I can write a comic where you defeat superman. I will call it Hollywood kills the dc universe! Catchy huh?

Definitely!

19 minutes ago, kav said:

I submit that kryptonite does not kill superman.  He has been exposed to it plenty, once for a full week and it it just made him weak.

If you got enough kryptonite you can weaken superman where he becomes thor with a bunch of other powers. Reasons why marvel is more popular. More relatable characters that live in real life places. They have many weaknesses other than magic, wood or kryptonite.

2 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

If you got enough kryptonite you can weaken superman where he becomes thor with a bunch of other powers. Reasons why marvel is more popular. More relatable characters that live in real life places. They have many weaknesses other than magic, wood or kryptonite.

Exactly 

Superman is the biggest fraud in all of comics

I hope Darkseid smokes him, but he won't....bad guys never win!:sorry:

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Exactly 

Superman is the biggest fraud in all of comics

I hope Darkseid smokes him, but he won't....bad guys never win!:sorry:

He might of been ok when he 1st came out. Wasn't around then. Maybe he isn't that powerful. Maybe just unreliable narrators telling his feats. The legend just keeps growing. I saw him lift a car, soon becomes a building or ship. I saw him jump a building, no way jimbo, he was flying! I heard he could freeze you with his breath. Dude shoots lazers out his eyes. I used to date superman, he could always guess the color of my panties, like he had x-ray vision or something.