• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Thor
2 2

226 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

That's the burden with evolution, things get better. They created a perfect Superhero, almost a robot by our standards

Batman for instance was human, he had to evolve

How can Superman evolve into anything?

Yeah, post-Crisis Superman is better.

How can you be confident in your opinion despite not reading Superman for 20+ years or as an adult...?

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

So a person with a lifetime of combat experience like General Zod would kick a neophyte like Kal Els ?

No-Zod would go insane if he suddenly got super powers-the sensory overload would be tremendous and his body would be virtually uncontrollable.  Goes to take one step and boom he's hurtling past neptune.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, kav said:

How could Zod, who just got super powers, defeat someone who had them all his life and was an expert?  Like in miracleman he was toast because miracle boy or whatever had been using his powers his whole life and miracleman just remembered he had them when he accidentally said kitoma.
In fact I suggest Zod would go insane from the sudden massive sensory input his brain never grew to handle.

Dude... I literally said "all things equal"...

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dude... I literally said "all things equal"...

Well if all things were equal it would be a draw.  That's what equal means, actually.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, post-Crisis Superman is better.

How can you be confident in your opinion despite not reading Superman for 20+ years or as an adult...?

I'm not (confident in my opinion) that is just what it is, an opinion... I'm not sure why I have such disdain for Superman, and it's not DC as a whole because I like DC books. I especially like Batman, Batman who laughs, Joker, Deathstroke,New Gods, Darkseid, Miracleman

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, kav said:

No-Zod would go insane if he suddenly got super powers-the sensory overload would be tremendous and his body would be virtually uncontrollable.  Goes to take one step and boom he's hurtling past neptune.

His super logic would overcome his super-panic. One doesn't become a dictator by failing to adapt to unforeseen circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Well if all things were equal it would be a draw.  That's what equal means, actually.

No, because all humans are equal, and we die 24/7.

If Zod doesn't go after Superman Day 1 of learning his powers, he could kill Superman. He was a trained combatant, unlike Kal El.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

His super logic would overcome his super-panic. One doesn't become a dictator by failing to adapt to unforeseen circumstances. 

^^
ZOD FOR THE WIN

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is very flawed.

If we were all equal we would all live the exact same lifespan.

Genetics is what makes us very much un-equal.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's not even true physically 

Humans aren't anywhere near equal to each other

Maybe all humans were....you know created with that in mind but inevitably and genetically that just isn't the case

Edited by Hollywood1892

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm not (confident in my opinion) that is just what it is, an opinion... I'm not sure why I have such disdain for Superman, and it's not DC as a whole because I like DC books. I especially like Batman, Batman who laughs, Joker, Deathstroke,New Gods, Darkseid, Miracleman

As Martha said, "people hate what they don't understand".

Plenty of people don't like Superman as a superhero or an ideal (one of my best friends included). I'm not gonna convince you otherwise as long as you understand that his existence is to fuel an ideal. If you don't like him as an ideal totem - valid opinion. He does exist for a reason, as both a character and a plot device, though.

He's OP, but when you humanize him (like in Worlds of DC), he's a fantastic character to read/watch.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

This is very flawed.

Sam Colt made every man equal.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

This is very flawed.

We're talking about a battle, here.

Put 2 guys in a ring and 1 will lose.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's not even true physically 

Humans aren't anywhere near equal to each other

Maybe all humans were....you know

We're mostly physiologically equal (in opportunity).

Choices are what differentiate us.

Superman vs Zod is another example of using characters to represent differing ideals. Superman was born free. Zod wasn't.

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Sam Colt made every man equal.

Naw some folks cant hit the broad side of a barn.