• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are These the Same Book?
2 2

116 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I think Larry should have avoided this situation but gosh darn we've all done dumb things in our lives.  I suspect he'll be a lot more careful in the future.

hope I didn't shock anyone with my gosh darn...

Eyes soiled, mods notified :devil:

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I think Larry should have avoided this situation but gosh darn we've all done dumb things in our lives.  I suspect he'll be a lot more careful in the future.

I hope that he didn't take it as me berating his behavior. Most of us know this is a slippery slope-- dealing with someone met on Ebay off of the Ebay platform. I was basically saying he was engaging in risky behavior. I think that came across with the trapeze with no net comment.

7 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I hope that he didn't take it as me berating his behavior. Most of us know this is a slippery slope-- dealing with someone met on Ebay off of the Ebay platform. I was basically saying he was engaging in risky behavior. I think that came across with the trapeze with no net comment.

Absolutely

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I think that came across with the trapeze with no net comment.

He accepted the condom from a stranger. No surprise it had a hole in it.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:
3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Eyes soiled, mods notified :devil:

Definitely strike worthy if someone happens to be trigger happy. :whistle:

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Larry, adopt the same principle I have which is I will no longer buy raw books above a low monetary threshold. Like $100. 

Despite it being the most expensive principle, it is the best and most fulfilling...I have never been disappointed buying a slabbed book....wait....okay I've lowered my expectations when it comes to slabs and grades and those expectations are nowhere near as low as expecting to get the raw book I saw on Ebay from the pics provided.

This isn't a lesson you deserved to learn @Larryw7 because no one deserves to be mislead and taken advantage of, especially when it comes to several thousands of dollars, but in the end when you buy slabbed, you generally get the grade you bought....and the book you wanted....

Now on the other hand the most I ever spent on a raw was a IM 1 and I got the grade I never expected, 2.5 points higher. It almost made me wanna buy strictly raw, because in the end it's a gamble...but with buying slabs it is a safe bet

I am someone who likes to read my books, so that's why I often purchase them raw. I think some dealers- Bob Storms, Bedrock and Mycomicshop, etc- are fine to buy raw books from. But on eBay, forget it. I'll just crack the book out of the slab if I really want to.read it.

2 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I am someone who likes to read my books, so that's why I often purchase them raw. I think some dealers- Bob Storms, Bedrock and Mycomicshop, etc- are fine to buy raw books from. But on eBay, forget it. I'll just crack the book out of the slab if I really want to.read it.

I prefer raw books that I can read as well. I am fine with decent mid grade and above stuff- especially SA books. I like  them for the affordability and that the books are not so ultra high grade that you are afraid to even take them out of the bag. The best part of the low price is you can take a few more chances without it being too risky.

20 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

The dude abides...  

He bought that book because it was a bargain next to what I was trading him, Showcase 4. I knew the trade was slightly in his favor even when I thought the trade was legit, but he was saving 5 grand by sending me that book. Shame on me for even doing a trade like that for an "unrestored raw" book.

8 hours ago, mattn792 said:

The guy paid that much for a TriPLOD?  Say this much, he was really committed to the scam.

I sent it back to him today, so now he's stuck with it. We should all keep an eye on eBay to see if he tries to sell it there.

On 5/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, G G ® said:

He accepted the condom from a stranger. No surprise it had a hole in it.

Worse yet, he received a condom that had been trimmed on three sides. :eek:

58 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Worse yet, he received a condom that had been trimmed on three sides. :eek:

The rumours that Larry has a small holding are greatly exaggerated I hear.  :sumo: