• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warehouse find yields 1 million comics

96 posts in this topic

The sky is about to fall!!!!!!

or is it.

1500 X-men 104s have been found and soon will hit the market. OMG.

Every store in America will soon have dozens of this book to sell.

No,thats not right.

Every store may have two copies to sell.That certainly will cause a crash ,won't it.

Short of the entire million books being 9.6s or better,so what?

Anyone here not believe that between Neatstuff,Dolgoff,Koch,huck and Buddy Saunders,there aren't already thousands of almost every one of books sitting in their warehouses.Most of them unread and unopened.

Personally, I think it would be good for back issue comic collecting alltogether to have a good price correction. I personally would spend as much or more of my disposable income if I could get more books for my money. I would probably even expand my collecting horizons. Being able to buy Byrne X-Men for a few dollars a book, heck, I might try to get those. At $30 and up, forget it.

I keep waiting for prices to fall but they never do. Although early in the summer I was scoring some CGC 9.4 books for roughly the price of slabbing them. Not sure why the market suddenly got tired of X-Men around July but I managed to clean up! These days it's a book here and a book there when I have an extra $30 and feel like taking a chance.

IAlthough early in the summer I was scoring some CGC 9.4 books for roughly the price of slabbing them. Not sure why the market suddenly got tired of X-Men around July but I managed to clean up!

I followed a bunch of those, and the ones I passed on were mostly freaky-QP issues with big white spines or off-center covers. Some were dirt cheap, and I remember a really ugly CGC 9.4 X-Men in the 120's going for like $17. An X-Men 132 that was really off-cut went for $20 or so.

Believe me, if they were pristine cuts, I woulda been all over them, but still some very good deals if you just want them for resale or chase labels.

"Being able to buy Byrne X-Men for a few dollars a book, heck, I might try to get those. At $30 and up, forget it."

Raw they are a few bucks a book (depending on how you define "few"). I picked up a gorgeous 117 for $5 at a show (passed on a couple of other issues in VF around then for $5 each as well).

But let's be serious, who says they'll be "a few". That's assuming they're listed at 99 cents to start. They'd probably still do fine with $9.99 starting bids if they're really so pristine.

I wonder what impact this alleged find has had. I mean I don't see that seller put up any serious high grade stuff from that era. About all I see is a bunch of cgc9.8 avengers from the 200s. I'll bet as he dove deeper into the collection he discovered that of those 1500 xmen104s, they were all VF! Does anybody have an analysis on what this find really contains?

Joe, I think you are looking at it statistically so that one would think that out of 1500 copies of xmen 104 the odds are that there must be at least 10 9.8s. However we have not seen this pile of 1500 copies and so we can't assume that this is the case. I believe he has these 1500 of this comic but I have already heard stories of large comic finds where an entire stack were not in as good of condition as one might have thought. If this seller does have such stacks of hot titles then shouldn't we start seeing them appear on ebay? I mean how many more 9.8 copies of Avengers 211 are we going to see for cryin' out loud?! May he bring out a kazillion 9.8 copies of xmen 120 then by the hammer of Thor I'll start fearing the worst on the market.

If this seller does have such stacks of hot titles then shouldn't we start seeing them appear on ebay?

There was a seller blowing off "unread warehouse copies" of X-Men 103 and 104 maybe a month or so ago (sorry, I don't have it saved), and in his auction listings he stated these were VF/NM to NM- and that he'd submitted a pile to CGC. No idea if it was a Neatstuff-owned ID, someone who bought some of the books from them, or just another warehouse find entirely. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think we'll know something's up in the Census in about 6 months to a year.

I have never seen a NM comic in neatstuff's possession, so I have my doubts. For one, Mike likes to take a box of comics and dump them out when he's trying to sell you something (yup, have seen it many times). Something about hundreds of comics piled up randomly on a table he must like. And then, Mike likely personally stepped on every single comic (all one million of them) as he was madly scurrying around palette after palette like a chicken with his head cut off looking them over.

I'm still waiting for these guys to break out the gems from this alleged warehouse find. Just how long are we supposed to wait? Month after month goes by and nothing spectacular surfaces. A reasonable man like myself can only conclude one thing. This warehouse find is a bid big load of cockamanie bubkas. Just think. All of those 1500 copies of Xmen 104 were all VGs!

Yeah, really, enough about the X-men #104 already. 1500 copies out of 1 million and no one even considers what the other 998,500 issues might be. I would be far more concerned about what the rest are than some not-even-a-key-never-was-a-key. Am I the only one who can count the keys from 1977-1981? Thats where the real interest should be...

-Rival

The sky is about to fall!!!!!!

or is it.

1500 X-men 104s have been found and soon will hit the market. OMG.

Every store in America will soon have dozens of this book to sell.

No,thats not right.

Every store may have two copies to sell.That certainly will cause a crash ,won't it.

Short of the entire million books being 9.6s or better,so what?

Anyone here not believe that between Neatstuff,Dolgoff,Koch,huck and Buddy Saunders,there aren't already thousands of almost every one of books sitting in their warehouses.Most of them unread and unopened.

Personally, I think it would be good for back issue comic collecting alltogether to have a good price correction. I personally would spend as much or more of my disposable income if I could get more books for my money. I would probably even expand my collecting horizons. Being able to buy Byrne X-Men for a few dollars a book, heck, I might try to get those. At $30 and up, forget it.

I would agree with this...I would be interested in picking these up raw for a few bucks each, but have no interest @ $30.. so that would be money that wasnt there before. I think that most comic dealers miss this point though. Better to sell stuff at a smaller mark up than it is to sit on something hoping to really fleece someone..I think that this might be a good thing...1go ahead and dump those books.