• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I had an opportunity on the boards to get a Toddfather sig series 9.8 for 2k but I passed

:sorry:

Sold my old label cgc 9.6 copy many years ago. wanted to complete the symbiote black suit run. Spidey #300 was on of the books. Glad run completed before prices got wild. 

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm more worried about the one at 3.5k, this book was continually selling for over 4k

No worries. More than a week to go.

Watch these as well. Ends tomorrow

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-300-CGC-9-8-2-Copies-Stan-Lee-Todd-1st-Venom-White-pg-OWW/254901556484

On 3/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, MB1952 said:

This is insane prices. I'm glad I pick up my copy here on the boards 3yrs ago. 

I am glad I cherry picked my copies at cover price less the usual discount (if any ??) at the time when they first came out way back when. :bigsmile:

Even more happy when I picked up an extra copy at the local con where Todd was signing all of his books for free back then.  :applause:

Then again, it means that I've been stuck holding onto these books for more than 30+ years.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  

Ahhhhh..............the joy and fun and sometimes the lucky side benefits of being a long time comic book collector.  :preach:  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I am glad I cherry picked my copies at cover price less the usual discount (if any ??) at the time when they first came out way back when. :bigsmile:

Even more happy when I picked up an extra copy at the local con where Todd was signing all of his books for free back then.  :applause:

Then again, it means that I've been stuck holding onto these books for more than 30+ years.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  

Ahhhhh..............the joy and fun and sometimes the lucky side benefits of being a long time comic book collector.  :preach:  (thumbsu

Exactly!

Have you got any graded?

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I assume $5300 would be a new GPA high for this book?

They would definitely have to have a few sales of this before it became fair market value, but I can see a trend, people thought 3k was crazy. This definitely has to be a record

And I'm so excited 😆

4 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

So my questions are - is this technically counted as 2 sales of a 9.8, and if so, do you split it to say that both were $5,300? So both a 9.8 W and a 9.8 OW/W would be the same cost?

The 9.8 white pages currently commands a premium of approximately $500-$600 over an ow/w copy

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

The 9.8 white pages currently commands a premium of approximately $500-$600 over an ow/w copy

Still, what a crazy sale tho

I just saw the 9.8 and then I'm like....wait a minute that's OW/W and it still sold for that price...so I'm guessing this book isn't going to decline anytime soon:roflmao:

10 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

So my questions are - is this technically counted as 2 sales of a 9.8, and if so, do you split it to say that both were $5,300? So both a 9.8 W and a 9.8 OW/W would be the same cost?

its a good question given how unusual it is to auction two of the same books at once. if gpa listed them as two separate sales, that wouldnt be correct either, since it would imply a trend where really this is just one sale so far. i dont think it will be recorded there.