• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

A copy sells for $8k US, and someone offers you 6.5k Can? :facepalm:

Honest question...isn't that fair?  Just a few weeks ago it sold for $6900.  Then you have to account for the fees on top of that.  All in all that sounds about right at a specific point in time in the past month.  Nobody knew that it would suddenly spike up to $8K.

***No, I'm not the person who made that offerlol

24 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Honest question...isn't that fair?  Just a few weeks ago it sold for $6900.  Then you have to account for the fees on top of that.  All in all that sounds about right at a specific point in time in the past month.  Nobody knew that it would suddenly spike up to $8K.

***No, I'm not the person who made that offerlol

I assume the offer came in after the 8K sale.  And apparently one sold on April 29th for $7400.

6.5k CAN is like $5350 US 

(shrug)

15 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I assume the offer came in after the 8K sale.  And apparently one sold on April 29th for $7400.

6.5k CAN is like $5350 US 

(shrug)

Ahhh.  That's a very good point.  Somebody willing to spend that much money must have done their research and have known what it recently sold for.  Also didn't realize it was a Canuck offer.

***I don't trust Canadianslol

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Ahhh.  That's a very good point.  Somebody willing to spend that much money must have done their research and have known what it recently sold for.  Also didn't realize it was a Canuck offer.

***I don't trust Canadianslol

I’m Canadian :sumo:

27 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Maybe....what happens if this book is 12-15k next year?

Buy something else instead?

Here’s the thing- these are just comics in plastic cases with a number on them.  Nobody really needs to own them.  The value of these things have gone from hobby money to potentially mortgage money in a pretty short time.  

Everyone should really be looking at books like this and thinking “does it still make sense for me to continue owning this book at this price?”

49 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

So, it should be 10k by Friday :insane: