• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman #5

27 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

I have a Batman No. 5 that I'm sending in for grading.
I'd like to get an idea of what to declare as the value while sending it in and for insuring during shipment.

Any guesses on grading here?
I'll add some other photos tonight.

Also.. do you think pressing would be worth the investment?

4.jpg

Edited by TheBeeman

You've got some crackers there Beeman! 

I believe the rules here are one book per post and I think there's a limit on how many posts per day - 3 I believe. If I were you I would edit this post and start with just Batman #5. Try to add some more pictures, including the back cover, and you'll likely get a lot of answers.

Lovely books, and the #5 probably would be a pressing candidate if that's your thing. 

Welcome to the forum :)

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You've got some crackers there Beeman! 

I believe the rules here are one book per post and I think there's a limit on how many posts per day - 3 I believe. If I were you I would edit this post and start with just Batman #5. Try to add some more pictures, including the back cover, and you'll likely get a lot of answers.

Lovely books, and the #5 probably would be a pressing candidate if that's your thing. 

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the heads up. Should i remove the post or can we just move forward like i'm just talking about #5 then? lol

10 minutes ago, TheBeeman said:

Thanks for the heads up. Should i remove the post or can we just move forward like i'm just talking about #5 then? lol

:grin:

You can't remove a thread once it has posted but you can edit it using this 'Edit' button which you'll see at the bottom of your opening post:

144658105_2020-06-2419_44_11.jpg.302924987b2c9c448e7958439433fcb6.jpg

Click on 'edit', change the title to 'PGM Batman #5', delete the other images by clicking on the dustbin symbol to the bottom right of each unwanted image at the foot of the editing page:

459635242_2020-06-2419_47_37.png.16f6a8bc6d32ce1c589412fa03ccb64e.png

Then just add a back cover scan.

Give it a go Beeman, I have confidence in you!

28 minutes ago, TheBeeman said:

Thanks for the help. Just edited and made it one book specific :) 

Well done Beeman!

The book has great, bright eye appeal but has a number of flaws which will likely bring it down to the 3.5 area. 

It's always difficult to tell from one photo - more would help, especially of the back cover - but it may be trimmed on the right side. The top right looks odd although, again, that might be the photo. 

It's a valuable book though and definitely worth submitting if that's your thing. If there is trimming though, that will seriously impact any resale value if it comes back from CGC as such (if you didn't already know).

Hopefully not - Good luck!

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Well done Beeman!

The book has great, bright eye appeal but has a number of flaws which will likely bring it down to the 3.5 area. 

It's always difficult to tell from one photo - more would help, especially of the back cover - but it may be trimmed on the right side. The top right looks odd although, again, that might be the photo. 

It's a valuable book though and definitely worth submitting if that's your thing. If there is trimming though, that will seriously impact any resale value if it comes back from CGC as such (if you didn't already know).

Hopefully not - Good luck!

I don't believe that it's ever been trimmed. At least not from anything that I can see.. There is some cupping to the book though. So if you were to lay it down on a table it has a mild U shape where the left and right come off of the table and come up creating a cup shape.

Any other pics I should include when I get back home to it tonight?

I'm definitely going to add a picture of the back, but should i include any pages from inside to show some examples of those pages as well?

It looks nicer in those photos. I'm still at 3.5 but I could see CGC grading it higher. They seem to be quite 'forgiving' on older books.

Looking forward to seeing the others.