• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Distribution of US Published Comics in the UK (1959~1982)
15 15

6,105 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2024 at 8:18 PM, OtherEric said:

I think I can top that for eye watering off register, but it’s not UK:

Argosy_1922_03_11.thumb.jpg.8b91757a9df6cba41b3be8cf75899f14.jpg

Christ, my double vision's back :S

On 3/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed. He knew what he was doing in a way that few have done before or since. 

I know I’ll never look at a weather balloon the same way again.  Rover was genuinely terrifying in a way that’s impossible to explain to anyone who hasn’t watched the show.  And that’s just one almost trivial example.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:29 PM, OtherEric said:

I know I’ll never look at a weather balloon the same way again.  Rover was genuinely terrifying in a way that’s impossible to explain to anyone who hasn’t watched the show.  And that’s just one almost trivial example.

Do you remember years back when you couldn't type the word rover? The board software converted it to something like irishaffliatesnotallowed, something like that. 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:29 PM, OtherEric said:

Be seeing you!

:grin:

On 3/20/2024 at 1:53 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Do you remember years back when you couldn't type the word rover? The board software converted it to something like irishaffliatesnotallowed, something like that. 

:grin:

I don’t remember that specific issue, unlike some.  But you’ve seen my trouble naming a thread over in the pulps forum.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:58 PM, OtherEric said:

But you’ve seen my trouble naming a thread over in the pulps forum.

No, what's going on there Eric?

On 3/21/2024 at 8:47 AM, themagicrobot said:

So there's no way to say Philip K. ? Perhaps Philip KDick or Philip KindredDick? I'm still waiting for Postman Pat to deliver that Graphic Novel about his (brief but complicated) life.

one.jpg.89d4687ff92cfb3515b1aebfc98ec2e5.jpgUntitled.thumb.jpg.b82ad51fad44bded1f5870d4dd3532c1.jpg

Yes, the 'd' word fell foul of the profanity filter,  much to the amusement of dark haired girl admirers board-wide. The Profanity Filter could actually be a PKD title as it goes...

Let us know what the GN is like.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:21 PM, OtherEric said:

So long as we're off on this tangent...

A book by PKD that was only released in the UK, for the most part.  The only US version was a limited edition hardcover in 1978.

HandfulofDarkness.thumb.jpg.403d61c52034e2c178286e116f57ced4.jpg

And let's not forget Philip K Dastardly.

dastard.jpeg

I actually asked @CGC Mike to remove the name from the censor filter a while ago, because of all the appropriate uses available.  He did.  Within about three days, it was back on the list.  I'm not sure if he was the one who switched it back or not, but I assume it's just something that is too open to abuse by people.