• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contest to pick the last issue of Flash Comics that is obtained by Flashlights
4 4

599 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2021 at 10:55 PM, Crops068 said:

I am totally sure how I came up with my order...... Not!

Looking at everyone’s picks, 50% of us had no idea how the contest really worked. And it was likely better that way.

Now where are the consolation prizes?:baiting:

Flash Fans I have ordered my copy of 117, when it arrives my collection will finally be complete!

ComicConnect said it can take up to 3 weeks? It is my first time ordering from them. Do any of you have experience with ComicConnect? Is this true or just an over estimate?

12 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I was out of town and just got back to an amazing package from flashlites.  Here's the loot!  :smile:  Thank you so much, @flashlites

flash comics prizes 001.JPG

flash comics prizes 003.JPG

flash comics prizes 005.JPG

flash comics prizes 007.JPG

flash comics prizes 010.JPG

flash comics prizes 011.JPG

awesome!!! :x 

Amen! Been a journey as the first to lose lol

I still have my thank you for playing books, read almost all of them, one featured the president superman from a different earth; well, that's been talked of in current media and thanks to @flashlites I knew something about it!

Good Times!  :tink:

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen! Been a journey as the first to lose lol

I still have my thank you for playing books, read almost all of them, one featured the president superman from a different earth; well, that's been talked of in current media and thanks to @flashlites I knew something about it!

Good Times!  :tink:

I think you deserve a lot of credit for sticking with the thread given you were the first contestant eliminated.  That demonstrates superior sportsmanship!!  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

Well, here it is Flash Fans, the last issue I needed to complete my run came in today! It is so amazing to have finally done it. After 3 attempts over 40+ years, I now have the complete run from 1959-1985. It’s safe to say when I sold off the second incomplete collection in late 1999 early 2000, that I felt like it was probably never going to happen to me. I stopped collecting altogether for many years. I want to say sometime in 2013-2014 I slowly began to get back into it buying a few issues here and there and then I joined the boards here and it really began to come together. Without your help I'd likely be years away! Special thanks to my Flash mentor @Terry E. Gibbs. You always encouraged me and gave me sound advice. Thanks to @Jaylam who helped me get all those missing issues from the 80’s. Thanks to @JohnH19for finding those keys for me in just the right (affordable) condition. Thanks to @Frisco Larson for giving me that deal on the 139. Thanks to @electricprune for digging through bins in Michigan for me and coming up with several bronze issues I needed. And a very special thanks to @frozentundraguy, who was always encouraging me, keeping a sharp eye out for me online, in places I’d never thought to look before. He’s the one who found this 117 on ComicConnect for me, among others. He also helped me create the “Guess the Last Issue” contest last summer and it was so much fun, not to mention a great motivator! As I’ve said before, for most of my life, I was always the only Flash collector I ever knew of, then I joined the forum here and found the greatest Flash fans in the world, I’m very grateful to have met you all. Thanks so much for making me feel like a very Fortunate Flash Fan indeed! 

image.png.0a61a2d96cc2747c4c380be8dd8f453c.png

@flashlites Congrats! 

It's awesome that you were able to finally do it! 

We will have to stay in touch and get together --there was talk earlier of us Texas Flash fans all meeting up in Austin, where I could buy you a beer and we could go check out some of the great LCS's there. I am still loving the idea and as soon as the Spam-demic subsides lets do it!!! Ya know some of the mid west folks meet up every year for dinner and drinks. We could kinda start our tradition down south here-it would be fun!

Edited by flashlites

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

We will have to stay in touch and get together --there was talk earlier of us Texas Flash fans all meeting up in Austin, where I could buy you a beer and we could go check out some of the great LCS's there. I am still loving the idea and as soon as the Spam-demic subsides lets do it!!! Ya know some of the mid west folks meet up every year for dinner and drinks. We could kinda start our tradition down south here-it would be fun!

I'm a bit far away in Dallas, but if it interests anyone, there is to be a Fan Expo Comic-Con here in Dallas in September.......

I know some of the boardies mentioned are going, lol well at least 1, but the more the merrier. It's Just Texas is BIG! so meeting for a con might make more sense than a trip for beer :shy: (also I don't drink, but love the sentiment) tell me what y'all think ......