• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Combined investment will cause Golden Age (Collectors) to explode
3 3

573 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 3:45 PM, batman_fan said:

Is there a potentially secondary market where you sell shares in your share of a fractional ownership in a company that holds a collectible?  I mean there are people in third world countries that can’t participate in buying even one share at current prices but would love to add some of these items to their non-existent collections.

:idea:

On 9/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, waaaghboss said:

I like the FOMO you try to add in.  Those who don't fall for it sit on the sidelines and watch others make money.  This whole topic has the vibe of those guys trying to sell the latest greatest crypto coin 😄

I know you'll strongly disagree, but if this thing ever actually works, to me it seems to hinge on the greater fool theory, which is not a way I like to try and grow my money 

Buying Golden Age comics for more than a dime and expecting to turn a profit hinges on the greater fool theory.

Edited by valiantman

On 9/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, MrBedrock said:

Can you direct me to the part where he talks about the appeal of being able to add books to his collection that he couldn't otherwise afford?

I didn't consider the books to be part of my collection since I owned such a small percentage of them.  It was strictly an investment for me - I saw people selling dollar bills for $0.60 and I bought as many as they would sell me.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:55 PM, valiantman said:

If you drew this, you need to tell Google, Dave. 

https://davewalker.com/those-who-get-it/

:jokealert:

This thread has risen to a new level of uselessness...The OP actually got snarky with adamstrange!

On 9/2/2021 at 4:17 PM, MrBedrock said:

This thread has risen to a new level of uselessness...The OP actually got snarky with adamstrange!

He easily could have posted the Venn diagram funny without claiming it as his own.  He had to go out of his way to type, "I drew a picture".

On 9/2/2021 at 4:19 PM, valiantman said:

He easily could have posted the Venn diagram funny without claiming it as his own.  He had to go out of his way to type, "I drew a picture".

Oh. Okay.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Comic illustrators call it borrowing.

I was "inspired" :whistle: