• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,215 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You continue to make ignorant analogies and warp the discussion. Enjoy your shares. Peace. 

I continue to accurately describe my collection, particularly as it relates to TMNT and speculating on CGC graded TMNT.

Sorry if accurately describing my comic collection as it relates to TMNT and speculating on CGC graded TMNT in this particular topic called "Official TMNT Speculation Thread" on the CGC Boards is "warped".  Love.

:foryou:

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I continue to accurately describe my collection, particularly as it relates to TMNT and speculating on CGC graded TMNT.

Sorry if accurately describing my comic collection as it relates to TMNT and speculating on CGC graded TMNT in this particular topic called "Official TMNT Speculation Thread" on the CGC Boards is "warped".  Love.

Exactly. The discussion was about Rally — how it works, ownership vs shares — not your personal collection. 

14 minutes ago, manetteska said:
25 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Exactly. The discussion was about Rally — how it works, ownership vs shares — not your personal collection. 

How would anyone know how RallyRd works, if not personal experience?  Why would it belong in a TMNT discussion, if it wasn't related to TMNT?

On 11/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, valiantman said:

I for 1 am grateful for you sharing your experiences about rally rd especially in context of TMNT 1... I had no idea a share ownership had been setup. Can you be more specific about what happens if you get an offer +30% of the rally rd valuation? Cheers...

7 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

I for 1 am grateful for you sharing your experiences about rally rd especially in context of TMNT 1... I had no idea a share ownership had been setup. Can you be more specific about what happens if you get an offer +30% of the rally rd valuation? Cheers...

I'll do a quick summary for those who don't want to wade back through the discussion, since we're specifically talking about the TMNT #1.

The RallyRd.com initial offering for CGC 9.8 TMNT #1 was $65K, set up as 1,000 shares at $65/share of an LLC with a single asset, the CGC 9.8 TMNT #1.

Those 1,000 shares sold out in 5 minutes on July 24, 2020.

90+ days were set aside before the shares were made available to buy/sell.  The first opportunity to buy/sell those 1,000 shares was November 3, 2020.

Anyone who owned shares could decide what price to ask, and anyone wanting to buy shares could decide what price to bid between 9am and 4pm (Eastern).

During the trading day, everyone can see what the current price is... but anything could happen up until the last minute.

At the end of the open market day (4pm Eastern) all of the asking prices and buy prices received were compared and the price was set at $85/share for sellers/buyers. 

Bidders below $85/share bought nothing.  Sellers asking for more than $85/share didn't sell.

The final price was the same for both buyers and sellers. Buyers offering more than $85/share only paid $85/share.  Sellers asking for less than $85/share received $85/share instead.

As of now, RallyRd considers the "last trade price" as $85/share, or the total of $85K for the asset.

Let's say that RallyRd gets an outside offer tomorrow to purchase the CGC 9.8 TMNT #1 for +30% on the current $85K.  That would be $110,500. 

Considering that would be the highest (known) price that anyone would have ever paid for CGC 9.8 TMNT #1, they would likely let the shareholders know that they had received an offer for $110,500, and after taxes (about 16%, I think), every shareholder would net around $93/share.

RallyRd would send an email, and shareholders would have the opportunity to vote "YES" or "NO" on the sale (net price) at $93/share.

If more than 50% voted "YES", the sale would likely happen within a week and the RallyRd account would have $93/share in cash balance.

RallyRd customers could transfer that cash back to their bank or leave it to purchase something else in the future. 

Similarly, whoever sold shares for $85/share on November 3rd could also transfer their cash balance to a bank or keep it in the account.

If less than 50% voted "YES" to accept $93/share buyout, the sale would not likely happen and RallyRd customers would keep their shares at $85/share and wait for the next open trading day or the next buyout offer.

For an actual example, here is the email for the recent PSA 10 1999 Pokemon 1st Edition complete set buyout offer on RallyRd:

https://mailchi.mp/4b7399f50332/buyout_1391573-1395666

Here is what was sent to shareholders when the vote was only 49% to sell:

https://mailchi.mp/e2bb50d7ebe1/buyout_1391573-1395678

Edited by valiantman

I happened to see a completed eBay auction for a TMNT #1 5th print "error" book. The error is that the pages are numbered out of order in the second story (1, 2, 3, 5, 4,...). I checked my copy, and mine are out of order. Does anyone know the scoop on this? Is this an error, or is this just how all of them are printed? I am not personally an "error" collector, so I would probably flip mine for a standard version if there is upside for me. 

1 hour ago, elibowman said:

I happened to see a completed eBay auction for a TMNT #1 5th print "error" book. The error is that the pages are numbered out of order in the second story (1, 2, 3, 5, 4,...). I checked my copy, and mine are out of order. Does anyone know the scoop on this? Is this an error, or is this just how all of them are printed? I am not personally an "error" collector, so I would probably flip mine for a standard version if there is upside for me. 

I saw that too on eBay 🤘
I didn’t think much of it, besides kinda cool cause you unique with the pages.    
Now I read your post.....and I also want to know 😂
(I don’t have any raw 5th prints to check)

2 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I saw that too on eBay 🤘
I didn’t think much of it, besides kinda cool cause you unique with the pages.    
Now I read your post.....and I also want to know 😂
(I don’t have any raw 5th prints to check)

My raw copy has the same issue (page 5 before page 4). This isn't due to physical pages being out of order during the stapling process either, since the backside of each page is correctly printed. The print file must of had the pages switched, so I have a sense that every 5th print has this 'error'.

20201111_193950.thumb.jpg.c93b0809550454ba0c06c431a0b662ad.jpg

On 11/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, cbmitch said:

Also, a month long turtle auction starts tonight with some nice stuff (gobbledygook, TMNT #1, etc) so this should be fun:

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=40162&ic=breadcrumb-comics-121913-interior

That is an amazing collection - do we know who the collector is/was?  The Gobbledygooks are CGC graded as "authenticated by Kevin Eastman" (since CGC normally refuses to slab Gobbledygooks because they're easily counterfeited).

18 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

It was immediately re-listed by the seller - I'm not sure what went on with it.

Oh yeah, I see that now. I'll email the seller and ask. 

On 11/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, cbmitch said:

One day left - currently at $12,600 with BP.

These prices are nuts.

So the Gobbledygook #1 at HA is $12k (with BP) with 23 days left which is just sick!  The #2 is only at $1k.  I don't get the discrepancy given that they both came out at the same time and there are less #2's on the census verses #1's (yet both being minuscule numbers).  My gut tells me that #2 will go much higher that where it currently sits at... 

15 minutes ago, cbmitch said:

These prices are nuts.

So the Gobbledygook #1 at HA is $12k (with BP) with 23 days left which is just sick!  The #2 is only at $1k.  I don't get the discrepancy given that they both came out at the same time and there are less #2's on the census verses #1's (yet both being minuscule numbers).  My gut tells me that #2 will go much higher that where it currently sits at... 

23 days left is a pretty good indication that we don't know anything right now.  The discrepancy isn't an indicator of anything.  Since Gobbledygook #1 says "NOW ON SALE" for TMNT #1 on the back cover, it's an interesting argument that it is "first"... and #2 issues rarely have the exact same release date as #1 issues in this industry.

There are so few copies, these two books are destined to always be "outliers", no matter what the market seems to be saying.