• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,215 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Having seen examples of his remarks, I suspect he blows through them pretty quickly?

Considering the upcharge for them, I hope not. I am expecting them to be the same detail as what CGC showcased in the signing announcement. 

1 minute ago, SuperBird said:
4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Considering the upcharge for them, I hope not. I am expecting them to be the same detail as what CGC showcased in the signing announcement. 

This is the standard Eastman remark: 

s-l400.jpg

I think it will ultimately depend on how many are submitted but

The example is definitely more detailed so one can hope given the upcharge I agree, but also, I wouldnt be too disappointed either, since its hope but not a sure hope lol

They asked that question in signature forum and the answer was it's up to the artist 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think it will ultimately depend on how many are submitted but

The example is definitely more detailed so one can hope given the upcharge I agree, but also, I wouldnt be too disappointed either, since its hope but not a sure hope lol

They asked that question in signature forum and the answer was it's up to the artist 

Doing a google search, I cannot find any Eastman remarks that don't look exactly like that , so that's what I'm expecting, and if it's more than that: great! The background image areas are busy enough where not much will show up anyway. (TMNT 4 aside)

Personally I think @Ryan. will be correct in that they'll be more detailed as the upcharge and also

TMNT is running smooth as a franchise and if it is to continue they'll need to not have any hiccups etc name your example 

But simply I think there will be more effort for the time being to stay on track and keep the train a rolling

Very excited about this signing. While I no longer have my 1st print, I am more than happy to have my low grade 3rd print reader copy used for this (as that was the copy I loved the most, so any sigs and drawings would only enhance it). Packed and shipped it out today and now begins the waiting game...arrrhhggg :D

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

20201130_163130.jpg

Yeah, that's the stuff. That kind of remark/remarque/remarqkuekqu is what I want. Ironically, two of the three books I'll be sending in aren't TMNT related so those two will be signature only. 

I'm wanting Eastman to do a jam piece with my Campbell 

Hopefully turtle saying pizza 

And or eating and holding the pizza 

That Campbell drew

:wishluck:

I'll further send in other books for Eastman as time and money avails

2020_11_18 11_44 AM Office Lens.jpg

Deadline to have books in is Jan 25th

So Lord willing no Rush, but I'll be happy once its accounted for

Then long wait regardless for special delivery....

If the pizza isnt here in 30 minutes it's free right?

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm still hoping there is not a limit to the amount of remarques that Eastman will do lol

I asked specifically that in signature forum

They said not as of yet so :wishluck:

I'm trying to find a book myself to sign in. I do have a Scooby sketch cover with Scooby as a Ninja Turtle by Jim Lawson that I might get remarked on the back. 

I look at Eastman's remark this way. Normally at a convention, he does a small turtle quick head sketch when not asked on EVERY signature. The pictures for the remark through the signing does appear more advanced, but I think Eastman is so used to doing turtle sketches that he is used to the added pressure of popping out turtle sketches and that is with fan interaction/questions. This will probably be like a vacation for him. 

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Since McFarlane did his signings Eastman is the most likely to get me to mail in 30 or so books. 

746828FF-E12D-40A3-A070-F3D9F3645477.jpeg

8983133C-AD8A-4E2F-B8BB-5665C25CB4EA.jpeg

Try to find out where that CT is and ask Eastman to make sure to marker all over it with his Remarque :D  (my guess is maybe lower right corner)

Edited by Sauce Dog

So, not sure what everyone else experiences are but I've been looking at the 3rd prints for the last two months (as that is the only 'original' copy of #1 I own still) and the prices are all over the place and still getting crazier.

A decent mid/high grade raw file copy (with COA and signature by Eastman) sold in October for $670us. Flash forward to this month and BLAM...and absolute wrecked, crumpled, stained with water damaged copy issue sells for $567us. The lowest of the low are climbing (as those are often the only ones people feel they could afford) while the better grade ones are not going for that much more. The gap is very minor.

827425453_ScreenShot2020-12-02at9_21_26AM.thumb.png.8a2faebdf51ed3f89d3222381bc57253.png1677317145_ScreenShot2020-12-02at9_21_35AM.thumb.png.dcba4ca0c9e92ab2f4cdd03b641e2eac.png

Edited by Sauce Dog