• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your “one and done” book that encapsulates a genre
4 4

160 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

A thread like this is near impossible for me. I thought about posting a book from every genre. A book would pop into my head and a minute later another equally worthy contender will pop up. Impossible to define a genre with only one book. Action #1 and MAD #1 are no brainer. Anything else is impossible...

I think the point of this topic is to show where you purchased only one book to represent an entire genre in your collection.  You're describing owning many books for the same genre.  If you've done the topic description, there won't be any choice of "which book".  There'll only be one.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I hope I'm getting the thread right

For me it's ASM 300...it just paves the way for the symbiote super villain but Venom was so cool they had to turn him into a hero

That's not Golden Age, so that's a little off-topic, but if it was your "one and done" book - you wouldn't have any other Venom books because you settled on Amazing Spider-Man #300 to represent the whole category in your collection.  "One and done".

I doubt if that's the case when it comes to your collection and Venom.

1 hour ago, sagii said:

One and Done War book (for now anyway). Sold everything else i had. It's a first issue, an Ace publication, has 'colorful' language and the double entendre (Betty and Me #16 has nothing on this one) just made it easy to decide which one stayed.

War Heroes #1.jpg

Yeah, that is a good one for several reasons. One of just a few remaining war books I'm still looking for. They just keep going slightly out of reach for me now. I keep hoping I will run into a copy un-discovered in a con box one day (if we ever get to go back to cons)...:sorry:

These two might be the war books that ties it down for me in this genre. Hard to choose...

comwar11.jpg

comwarfury1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, that is a good one for several reasons. One of just a few remaining war books I'm still looking for. They just keep going slightly out of reach for me now. I keep hoping I will run into a copy un-discovered in a con box one day (if we ever get to go back to cons)...:sorry:

These two might be the war books that ties it down for me in this genre. Hard to choose...

comwar11.jpg

comwarfury1.jpg

Those are great ones RM! One and Done worthy all day!