• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ready Fire Aim said:

1. Whatever Alan Moore wrote.

2. Whatever Warren Ellis wrote.

3. Whatever Garth Ennis wrote.

4. Whatever Grant Morrison wrote.

5. Whatever Kurt Busiek wrote.

That's an easy 50 right there (thumbsu

I disagree with the premise that the 90's were the Dark Ages for comics. 

The Death of Superman was an enormous commercial success, and it brought in a whole new crop of collectors.  Some were reading and collecting; others heard on the news that this "Death of Superman" book that came out last week was already selling for $75, or they lost their shirts investing in sports cards and were looking for another speculator market.  They dove into comics figuring they'd join the fun and make some easy cash.  Publishers saw increased sales, and they rushed to imitate Liefeld and scrambled to publish gimmick covers that sold just because they were gimmicks.  If I recall correctly, the 1990's brought us the first-ever: hologram cover, glow-in-the-dark cover, chromium cover, foil cover, lenticular cover, die-cut cover, polybagged comic, and comic book with a bullet hole.  With each new gimmick, retailers ordered boatloads and collectors "invested" in those boatloads.  Those books had high print runs because people paid attention to them, because they were gimmicks.  However, there were never enough actual readers to sustain those print runs.  When you find a box of 90's drek, it's likely to contain those high-print-run, low-quality books. 

But in the 1990's, there were some great writers, as noted by Ready Fire Aim.  Among those noted, I'd single out Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross' Marvels, an amazing re-telling of the early Silver Age of Marvel, viewed from the eyes of somebody without super-powers. 

The 1990's also gave us Neil Gaiman's Sandman (okay, it started in 1989, but was mostly a 1990's series), Hellblazer, Strangers in Paradise and Bone, to name a few other standouts.  I also loved the beginning of the Valiant universe, when Jim Shooter was at the helm.  XO Manowar, Harbinger and those first 10 issues of Solar were particularly good; when I sold off the rest of my Valiants during the bubble, I had to hang onto those. 

Yes, the 90's gave us drek with high print runs.  But it also gave us some great books that stand out to this day.

10 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My superman has been dead for a while. margot-kidder-christopher-reeve-e1526318056949.thumb.jpg.c4bacb6041f7e0a5ba8b58c6426c5546.jpg

Ahem to that! That movie was my favourite when I was a boy. Was a real thrill to watch... of course that was one year after Star Wars. As far I will say, Christopher was the definition of Superman. 

WTB IH 7-100

hello ! i was a big fan of the TV show from 40 yrs ago ! i just really liked Lou Farigno but i especially liked Bill Bickbsy  !

i am looking to buy issues 7-100 , or would purchase the omnibus volumes,.. top $ paid

no hall of shame/ on probation sellers 

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Haven't you seen Mickey Mouse Clubhouse??  Mickey and the Roadster Racers? Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog. Mickey is alive and well as I and my two young children can very much attest to :nyah:

You beat me to it.  I had to watch an hour of that meeshka mooshka Moushka stuff and watching goofy and kids finding clues and stuff at the dentist once.
I can also attest that schoolkids want mickey and goofy drawings a lot.  Mickey is surprisingly hard to draw.  Goofy is a snap.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm not who you asked, but two that come to mind for me off the top of my head are Preacher and The Legends of the Dark Knight. Lot of good arcs in LotDK, and Preacher is one of my all-time favorites.

Tried to read Preacher-got bored.  Kept thinking I've read this story before and seen it in countless movies.

4 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Haha there's also a newer show that is pretty off the wall. Kind of reminds me of Ren and Stimpy. It's just called Mickey Mouse. 

Man, this thread has really gone off the rails. I hope floppybubbles is reading all this. 

Screenshot_20200911-104212~2.png

Mickey Mouse of the today certainly have changed! And not to my taste. He looks more like Ren and Stinky cartoon-like ... have Disney hit the bottoms when it come to cartoon filming?  

33 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

WTB IH 7-100

hello ! i was a big fan of the TV show from 40 yrs ago ! i just really liked Lou Farigno but i especially liked Bill Bickbsy  !

i am looking to buy issues 7-100 , or would purchase the omnibus volumes,.. top $ paid

Hey guys hi yeah I have these books to sell I dont collect comics however I will make a exception for any Lou Farigo hulk books cause i really am a big fan of Lou Fariggo I am selling 1-6 but really want to buy 7-100 because maybe I read em maybe not I cant remember because Lou Farrigo.

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

WTB IH 7-100

I have all of those books for you.  But I'll only sell them in a collection of 60 longboxes.  Also included are the first 99 issues of Captin Ameerica from the 60's, and the first 82 issues of Thore.  You can have 'em all for $30K.  Wire transfer to my bank in the Cayman Islands only.  No local pickup.  $850 shipping.  As-is.  No returns.  Batteries not included.  I don't have photos of the books, but I can get you some pictures of the boxes if you ask really nicely.

21 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:

I have all of those books for you.  But I'll only sell them in a collection of 60 longboxes.  Also included are the first 99 issues of Captin Ameerica from the 60's, and the first 82 issues of Thore.  You can have 'em all for $30K.  Wire transfer to my bank in the Cayman Islands only.  No local pickup.  $850 shipping.  As-is.  No returns.  Batteries not included.  I don't have photos of the books, but I can get you some pictures of the boxes if you ask really nicely.

Oh I love Captin Amcrica!!  I am a big Rob Brown fan!

minus the Hulks and going by the seeded gems that he chose to show us from the 60 boxes i'm not sure if there is even $600 worth of value in those 60 boxes, lots of the titles i have never even heard off , most of them are not bagged and boarded,.... and that was the good stuff he was showing us from the 20 some boxes he actually took pictures of,.. imagine what  DREK gems are in those other 40 boxes ???

16 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

minus the Hulks and going by the seeded gems that he chose to show us from the 60 boxes i'm not sure if there is even $600 worth of value in those 60 boxes, lots of the titles i have never even heard off , most of them are not bagged and boarded,.... and that was the good stuff he was showing us from the 20 some boxes he actually took pictures of,.. imagine what  DREK gems are in those other 40 boxes ???

I'm imagining a lot of Youngblood and stuff.