• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 7 directed by Christopher McQuarrie (2021)
1 1

173 posts in this topic

Despite Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One being a two-part movie, it manages to finish an arc and set up the groundwork for its second part. The second part promises to be even bigger and better than the first. Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One is the best movie of the year so far. It’s entertaining and provides an incredible experience in theaters. It’s a perfect movie.

5.0/5 Stars

Wow!

On 7/13/2023 at 5:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

Wow!

$16M is far from Wow! actually; the highest Wed opener is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen w/ $62M in 2009, more on the order of Transformers: Last Night which did $15.7M in 2017.

Edited by paperheart

On 7/13/2023 at 9:49 AM, paperheart said:

$16M is far from Wow! actually; the highest Wed opener is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen w/ $62M in 2009, more on the order of Transformers: Last Night which did $15.7M in 2017.

Calm your financial wizardry jets.

"Wow" was the 5.0/5 review rating.

This will be another movie that will probably not make back its money at the theater. The budget is $291 due to covid. Covid ballooned quite a few movie budgets that released this summer. I suspect this movie will do better than some recent big movies however.

With that said, I have tickets for tomorrow night. I cannot wait.

MI_Roadmap.thumb.jpg.5a5f371037f61f0844b0079d265b6d08.jpg

Wow! *

* WOW DISCLAIMER: The above 'Wow!" asssociated with this post relates to the extent of the Mission Impossible franchise roadmap, and the years this has gone through with growth of the characters and additional supporting cast. In no way does this convey massive box office results, domination of the overall movie market nor replacement of the beloved Marvel Cinematic Universe or Transformers as a success representation.

(:

I saw the movie last night and it was good. None of the action sequences were new but they were well done. They repeated the mission and stakes so many times, I felt they were talking down to the audience by the last one just before the climax. It was almost laughable how many times and this could be turned into a drinking game. Show, do not tell.

As an action movie, I would give it 9/10. Where it failed for me was as a MI movie. For that I will give it a 7/10. The main villain did not click with me. One death was done poorly and one long chase scene was poorly edited.

I will elaborate more once people have time to see it. Definitely worth seeing but it does not live up to the hype.

I would rank this #4 after MI 4-6. Fallout is still my favorite.