• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your CGC White Pagers! WHITE PAGE Appreciation Thread!
3 3

516 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2022 at 6:16 AM, alexgross.com said:

just picked this up from HA for a decent price. perhaps the first book i've bid on in awhile that has benefitted from the market's softening. until now, everything i looked at was still going for gpa or over. though it was cheaper than it would have been last year, still quite a bit more than in 2020. 

xmen58-9.0-cover.jpg

Congrats, that is a truly stunning book Alex! I've always loved all those Adams' X-Men covers and especially that classic one with Havok!  Here are a couple I use to own in my collection before selling them off about 16 years ago and then deciding to focus on Spidey :cloud9:

RAD5DAB92005227_132859.JPG

RADD06292007325_21146.JPG

On 11/22/2022 at 9:16 AM, alexgross.com said:

just picked this up from HA for a decent price. perhaps the first book i've bid on in awhile that has benefitted from the market's softening. until now, everything i looked at was still going for gpa or over. though it was cheaper than it would have been last year, still quite a bit more than in 2020. 

xmen58-9.0-cover.jpg

Gorgeous copy! and IMO still a very under valued x-men Key.  congrats :golfclap:

perhaps this ought to be its own thread, but i have been thinking about what books are the toughest SA key marvels to find with white pages. i thought i'd make an incomplete short list here and invite others to share their opinions. i'm not doing DC because i don't collect them, and honestly, it seems that almost all of them are pretty tough to super rare with white pages. 

based on my auction watching over the years, i'd say the toughest (early) SA marvels to find with white pages are:

Toughest: AF15, Avengers1, TTA27

Medium tough: TOS39, ASM3

not so tough: Hulk1, FF1, JIM83, ASM1, 2, 4,  Xmen1, FF5, DD1, Avengers4

i did not include the later SA keys like SS1, Iron Man1, etc. most of those are easier to find with white pages although SS1 is not so easy, esp in high grade. 

if i had to pick the absolute toughest one it would be TTA27 as i've never seen one with white pages. although i consider it a secondary key, as TTA35 is a more exciting book for me. AF15 of the major keys is also super tough. 

please chime in, unless you're the type to say WP don't matter. i don't really need to hear your opinion in this particular thread.  

On 12/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, alexgross.com said:

perhaps this ought to be its own thread, but i have been thinking about what books are the toughest SA key marvels to find with white pages. i thought i'd make an incomplete short list here and invite others to share their opinions. i'm not doing DC because i don't collect them, and honestly, it seems that almost all of them are pretty tough to super rare with white pages. 

based on my auction watching over the years, i'd say the toughest (early) SA marvels to find with white pages are:

i did not include the later SA keys like SS1, Iron Man1, etc. most of those are easier to find with white pages although SS1 is not so easy, esp in high grade. 

if i had to pick the absolute toughest one it would be TTA27 as i've never seen one with white pages. although i consider it a secondary key, as TTA35 is a more exciting book for me. AF15 of the major keys is also super tough. 

please chime in, unless you're the type to say WP don't matter. i don't really need to hear your opinion in this particular thread.  

All that matters is page quality. I say so.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, alexgross.com said:

I did find two TTA27 copies with white pages in the Heritage sales archive.  But that's out of around a hundred copies I looked over in total.  My experience tracks pretty closely with your own, with the exception of TOS39, which I was fortunate to have owned two different white paged copies of, and so don't think of it as especially tough relative to some other key books.

Here's the highest graded unrestored TTA27 in the Heritage archive with white pages:

image.thumb.png.a0c011e117b4a5a0c925722c8125b2d5.png

Edited by namisgr

Agree on your list 99% or so...I've seen three TTA #27's with 'white pages' on the label, including an 8.0 WP copy from CBCS that I bought a few years back.  When I had CGC re-grade it thinking it was an 8.5 candidate, it came back 8.0 off-white instead.  Boo hoo.

I had a 5.0 TTA #27 with white pages as well, but sold it here on the boards.  Super tough to find in general.

Dan

On 12/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, Joshua33 said:

All that matters is page quality. I say so.

Ive heard on many Pedigrees that smell is most important.

The nose knows when its a White Mountain. Page quality tells nothing.

Edited by MAR1979