• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
9 9

416 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Well, I checked the tracking on the package I sent today. It says that it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, 09/11/2020. However, its first stop was North Platte, NE, which is a substantial distance west from the Omaha area, which is where I live. This is unfortunate, as the package is travelling to the east coast.

I know 2020 is messing with people but there is no Friday November 9th 2020. no wonder its going everywhere

On 12/9/2020 at 2:13 PM, miraclemet said:

wait_what-DMID1-5p0461otx-500x358.gif.0e99f98ce6fb4124bff0220996e13846.gif

When you ship using Pirate Ship, you must enter the weight of the package and the dimensions of the package so you can determine the best way of shipping. Also, Pirate Ship only quotes USPS shipping. But, their prices are a few dollars less than if you carry the book to your local post office.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 12/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, Math Teacher said:

Luckily, we have a grocery store near us that serves as a Post office substation. And if you are trying to get postage online, I can highly recommend Pirate Ship. Its only drawback is that you need to be able to weigh and measure your package.

Substation is convenient. I’ll have to check out pirate ship. Postage and time are expensive right now so need alternatives. Thanks for that!

I just checked on the progress on my SS mailing.  Sent Priority on the 6th, the label said 3-day which would have had it land at its destination yesterday. Well it got to its first regional post office on the 7th... and just sat there for three days until this evening when it started to move again.  I feel (relatively) secure that there will be no issues with it arriving in time for the holidays, but I just mention this for those thinking they still have plenty of time to get their packages in the mail.

It reminds me of a great quote from philosopher/catcher Yogi Berra:  “It’s getting late early”   :)

I'd also highly recommend that folks sign up for Informed Delivery (USPS), as well as similar free tracking services from UPS and FedEx.  Combined, they'll keep you informed (most of the time) when a package is en route to your address, where it came from, etc.  So it's a good way to watch the progress of incoming purchases.  Or sometimes, incoming Secret Santa packages (if you see a package coming to your house that you didn't order... you can probably assume that's it), without having to ask @HollyJollyOne to check to see if something has shipped for you.

By the way, you can also tag your OUTGOING shipments on those services, so it's easy to keep an eye on stuff you've sent as you watch it's progress.  Just in general, they're nice to have.  And as mentioned, they're free.

My SS arrived this morning and is safely nestled under the tree! Wonderfully wrapped and packaged... thank god too as the box looks like it made it through a war with a big chunk out of the inner box and wrapping paper.  But like I said it was packed so well it looks like it’s 100 percent fine! Thanks Santa! Oh and Santa, please let Jesse aka @ashsaytr know this arrived as well. Just in case he’s interested in such information! 
😉

81FFB869-1156-45BF-9113-88FC18D3AC6C.thumb.jpeg.3f5b4874d9da14ed68f1f621330e2811.jpeg