• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

A big thank you to @HollyJollyOne for all the background help this year.  It was very much appreciated.  Special thanks to @Crops068 for jumping in and helping out at the end of the raffle when I had to step away.  And thanks to all the participants!  It was a lot of fun.  If all goes well, I hope we can get it next year. 

Before I go back to hibernation, I'd like to encourage people to continue to use this thread to show off those mystery boxes as they are received.  It's always a good time seeing what's in them!

Happy holidays, and have a great New Year!

13 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

A big thank you to @HollyJollyOne for all the background help this year.  It was very much appreciated.  Special thanks to @Crops068 for jumping in and helping out at the end of the raffle when I had to step away.  And thanks to all the participants!  It was a lot of fun.  If all goes well, I hope we can get it next year. 

Before I go back to hibernation, I'd like to encourage people to continue to use this thread to show off those mystery boxes as they are received.  It's always a good time seeing what's in them!

Happy holidays, and have a great New Year!

Bless you for the Patience and good will you gave this year! It's a blessing in itself that we're able to come together. It is sorely appreciated :) 

29 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Fun time again this year! Thanks to@The Sledder and @HollyJollyOne for the entertainment on the day after Christmas and thanks to everyone who contributed!

...now Im off to find a box big enough for my mystery box....

As a past recipient of of a Miraclemet prize, I can tell ya someone is in for a whole lotta BIG and Awesome in that box :headbang:

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

First of all, thank you Sledder and ALL his helpers, I always enjoy this game.

As for the remaining prize that I donated. If neither Toro or Zalgados claims it by tomorrow night, I'd like to offer them   to the first person in the U.S. who has already posted in this thread and who is unemployed and posts a "take it" Here :takeit:. after 9 AM EST time on Tuesday. Masks available are in a thread in mixed.

If no  one claims them by Tuesday night, I have another project I'm going to donate them to. A boarder mentioned it a few weeks ago.

Edits;) (sometimes I type faster than I think;)

This is awesome and just another reason I am happily buying mine. 🙂

kudos @skypinkblu!

Damn :sorry:

Totally screwed it up this year :cry:

Thanks to @The Sledder and every paritcipant for an amazing raffle. Just reread the topic, seems it was great fun and we had amazing prices as every year.

I personally will skip my choice this time.

@skypinkblu that's an amazing idea - I really like your masks, but it would feel wrong to send them around half the globe these days.

1 hour ago, Zalgardos said:

Thanks to @The Sledder and every paritcipant for an amazing raffle. Just reread the topic, seems it was great fun and we had amazing prices as every year.

@skypinkblu that's an amazing idea - I really like your masks, but it would feel wrong to send them around half the globe these days.

Just a thought..but there is probably a shelter or church in her town she could donate the masks to in your name?

Between the Secret Santa and the Raffle (and Dr. X’s contest thrown in for good measure) this really is the “most wonderful time of the year” around the boards!  

Both of my raffle prizes are en route to their destinations!  Or at least in the way that works in these Covid days. They’re packed up with labels on them on my front porch, waiting for Chuck my postman to come pick them up.  But their journey has started, at least!

Happy New Year everyone!

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

IMG_5459.jpg.42e9fb2e2e62d2c11bff390db59c62eb.thumb.jpg.d1042a17028e7da023f4a372ec08fd09.jpg

The list - trimmed to make it easier to view though sort of blurry because of the original.

With @Zalgardosdeciding to pass on picking-- is this over or should @Blastaar get to pick the last item available (assuming the masks are spoken for) ? Seems a shame to let those books end up on the island of misfit comics.

45) Donated by @Kramerica

A set of Savage Avengers #1-10. It shouldn't work but it does! And what seems like a cash grab on the surface is actually one of the most enjoyable Marvel series I've read in a while. For a more enjoyable experience you need to listen to Shalamar and Morris Day & The Time while reading these :banana:

45a.JPEG.6acd2105ab9f29e6a197f3f69d4454df.JPEG45b.JPEG.9918cb850c0f14d723841983e1d909f1.JPEG45c.JPEG.8c0251c5507f70d6ebfdf9331c3ea422.JPEG45d.JPEG.e47ece8d11e5dffcc86899e20e14eb25.JPEG

I would say that is a question for @The Sledder or @HollyJollyOne

14 hours ago, Zalgardos said:

I'll be happy to send them to you @Zalgardos, I'll send you a pm. They can't take much longer than the ones I sent to Virginia.

13 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Just a thought..but there is probably a shelter or church in her town she could donate the masks to in your name?

I have a place I donate to pretty much every week, it's called Backpacks for Kids, part of the Food Pantry and it's run through the schools in this area. Kids who are lower income get a backpack every weekend with snacks and coupons for milk, cereal, etc. They add the masks to the backpacks. The backpack idea was started so that the other kids don't realize these kids are getting help.