• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 9:50 AM, William-James88 said:

the sad truth is I really like Rodriguez as a director, it's just too bad he didn't prove as good a fit here.

I wouldn't give up on Robert Rodgriguez just yet. Maybe he just isn't good directing chase scenes? I was very surprised to learn he did direct the Mando Episode "The Tragedy", the one where they finally reveal Boba Fett getting his armor back. That was a killer episode. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

A couple things on Luke.

First, I agree. However, we do have to realize that he’s really doing this on the fly. There isn’t a Jedi Academy or huge library of texts for him to study and learn from. Luke has to lean on what he was taught and through random force visions of Jedi past. 

Second, Luke is trying to teach the Jedi way that eschews all attachment like they did on coruscant…that didn’t really work out well for anyone, including him who ended up and old hermit whose nephew tried to murder him. I’m hoping Grogu forges his own path without giving up on being a Jedi.

I have to admit when they showed Luke and Grogu training together I was cringing for the moment Luke would offer him a small glass of milk. Thankfully Feloni made SURE that did not happen. :) 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:24 AM, Rodey said:

Fun episode overall! I kinda hope Grogu takes the armor and the lightsaber. Wasn't there a Jedi/Mando in the past? 

yes-the creator of the Dark Saber-Tarre Vizsla-back in the time of the Old Republic-which was a really really long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Would be a cool twist if you see him show up just wearing the armor-then surprise!! he whips out grandpa's ol 'greener. :) 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:28 AM, fett said:

yes-the creator of the Dark Saber-Tarre Vizsla-back in the time of the Old Republic-which was a really really long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Would be a cool twist if you see him show up just wearing the armor-then surprise!! he whips out grandpa's ol 'greener. :) 

oh duh! Tarre Vizsla (they talked about that character in the last episode) Thank you!!

On 2/3/2022 at 7:33 AM, Ryan. said:

Is it normal for Jedi to be taken out by Stormtroopers? 

Are you referring to the flashback?

That was Order 66 carried out by clone troopers who were allies of the Jedi minutes before that. Also, Clone Troopers > Stormtroopers. 

The Clone Troopers basically wiped all Jedi out of existence. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/3/2022 at 7:24 AM, Rodey said:

I kinda hope Grogu takes the armor and the lightsaber.

Me too.  Seemed like Luke was falsely framing the choice as being one thing or the other.  Why can't Jedi wear beskar?  Maybe Luke would still have that hand if he had inherited Anakin's lightsaber AND his beskar armor.  (tsk)

My question about the chain mail is aren't the holes in it a HUGE problem?  Chain mail can deflect blades, but if we're talking about a lightsaber that's heated to several thousand degrees seems like if you took a hit to the chain mail there would be little circular burns everywhere the blade (or blaster) came in contact with the armor.  The plasma would also superheat the beskar surface of the links close to your skin and the armor itself would burn you and you'd suddenly have to take it off.  I get beskar armor plating, but links seem like a terrible idea for defending against plasma.  :eek:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/3/2022 at 7:38 AM, fantastic_four said:

Me too.  Seemed like Luke was falsely framing the choice as being one thing or the other.  Why can't Jedi wear beskar?  Maybe Luke would still have that hand if he had inherited Anakin's lightsaber AND his beskar armor.  (tsk)

My question about the chain mail is aren't the holes in it a HUGE problem?  Chain mail can deflect blades, but if we're talking about a lightsaber that's heated to several thousand degrees seems like if you took a hit to the chain mail there would be little circular burns everywhere the blade (or blaster) came in contact with the armor.  The plasma would also superheat the beskar surface of the links close to your skin and the armor itself would burn you and you'd suddenly have to take it off.  I get beskar armor plating, but links seem like a terrible idea for defending against plasma.  :eek:

I was thinking about that too. I know chainmail against regular swords makes sense because the tip gets deflected. But being bashed by a blazing energy beam is something different. 

I think I know who the jedi were defending Grogu but they died elsewhere under vague circumstances so it may be a bit of a retcon.

I thought that one of them was supposed to be Cin Drallig who was the head of security of the Jedi Temple.  He is shown in the hologram killed by Anakin, that Obi Wan views with Yoda. 

We don't see the end of the scene so I am still wondering how Grogu even got out of the temple to begin with.   

Edited by Buzzetta

Also, we now know that Luke eventually meets up with Ahsoka.  

We also know that Ahsoka is deceased by the time of Rise of Skywalker. 

So... let the speculation begin as to how she dies.

Bring on Thrawn.  

On 2/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, Buzzetta said:

I think I know who the jedi were defending Grogu but they died elsewhere under vague circumstances so it may be a bit of a retcon.

I thought that one of them was supposed to be Cin Drallig who was the head of security of the Jedi Temple.  He is shown in the hologram killed by Anakin, that Obi Wan views with Yoda. 

We don't see the end of the scene so I am still wondering how Grogu even got out of the temple to begin with.   

I’ve seen some speculation that it is Barriss Offee. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

We also know that Ahsoka is deceased by the time of Rise of Skywalker.

Has that been confirmed?

I know her voice is heard in the “voices of Jedi past” scene, but I think Filoni danced around the topic when it came up during a Q&A. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:18 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Has that been confirmed?

I know her voice is heard in the “voices of Jedi past” scene, but I think Filoni danced around the topic when it came up during a Q&A. 

I've taken her to be dead as in Jedi Spirit voice from beyond dead. 

Precedent was set when Luke reached out to Leia when Luke was hanging from a weather vane in Bespin so she *could* be alive.  

On 2/3/2022 at 7:34 AM, Buzzetta said:

Me too, but it always a nice set up/loop hole to show some survived.