• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

There has been a lot of buzz from media and fans about potential spinoffs of The Mandalorian. Some theories and rumors involve Ahsoka Tano and Bo-Katan Kryze. Others focus on Cara Dune and the New Republic. Others combine elements of both. After this week's episode of the show, "Chapter 14: The Tragedy," and the much-anticipated return of a beloved original Star Wars trilogy character, a new report suggests a Mandalorian prequel, possibly with Boba Fett, is in the works and already casting. The Direct previously reported this spinoff's cast would include Sophie Thatcher Jordan Bolger in unidentified roles. A new report from the outlet claims to have learned Lucasfilm is casting for two more parts in the show.

The Direct revealed character descriptions, listed with code names for the characters. The first is code-named Kelton and is an action-heavy supporting role: "23 to 27 years old, all ethnicities male. British. Athletic. Fit. Strong-willed and confident, bordering on arrogant. Witchy. SUPPORTING"

The second description is code-named Lacey. She will be a leader of some kind: "23 to 30 years old, all ethnicities female. Preppy. Strong build. Leader. Will do anything to accomplish her goals, including lying to her own team. SUPPORTING"

The report, working on the theory that the prequel will follow Boba Fett during his time on Tatooine, suggests these characters could be part of a gang Fett encounters. Brawlers aren't uncommon in the Star Wars universe, but Kelton's description pegging him as "witchy" could suggest a level of Force-sensitivity.

Lacey would likely be the leader of the gang, with Kelton her muscle. This encounter could be a chance run-in, or it could be that Boba Fett stayed busy as a bounty hunter during his time on Tatooine.

While all of this rumor and speculation, Temuera Morrison seemed pleased to be playing Boba Fett on The Mandalorian. Fans seemed equally happy to have him. We can't know Disney's plans, but a Boba Fett prequel appears an easy sell.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Prequel Series Casting For 'Strong' Supporting Characters (Exclusive)

The last several weeks have seen The Mandalorian's world grow significantly.

Season 2 of the hit series blasted off with another adventure on Tatooine, culminating in Boba Fett's first chronological appearance since Return of the Jedi. Before long, Din Djarin crossed paths with Bo-Katan Kryze and others of his own kind, who pointed him towards Ahsoka Tano's direction. At long last, the beloved animated star made her live-action debut in the recent "Chapter 13," played by Rosario Dawson, with the promise of another familiar face returning at some point as well.

It was reported in November that a prequel series, possibly featuring Boba Fett, is set to begin shooting imminently, and The Direct exclusively shared that the show would serve as a prequel to The Mandalorian, with Jordan Bolger joining the cast. While the true identity of Bolger's character remains a mystery, The Direct can now report on a couple new characters currently being cast for the series.

NEWS
The Direct has exclusively learned that Lucasfilm is casting two additional supporting roles for The Mandalorian's prequel spinoff series on Disney+. The parts, featured below, are presented with codenames and descriptions.

First up is KELTON, who appears to be filling an action-oriented role.

23 to 27 years old, all ethnicities male. British. Athletic. Fit. Strong-willed and confident, bordering on arrogant. Witchy. SUPPORTING

The other character is LACEY, who will be holding a questionable leadership position.

23 to 30 years old, all ethnicities female. Preppy. Strong build. Leader. Will do anything to accomplish her goals, including lying to her own team. SUPPORTING

WHAT THIS MEANS
All things are pointing to these characters being members of some kind of gang. Presuming that the show will follow Fett and his time on Tatooine prior to his appearance in The Mandalorian Season 2, it seems plausible that the bounty hunter would come in contact with a group of street rats. Unfortunately for them, these kids won't know who they're dealing with.

KELTON's description appears to infer that the character will be seeing some action. Like many rogue fighters of this character's age, his inflated ego may be justified but could lead to his undoing. The "witchy" description of the role creates some intriguing implications. Could KELTON actually be Force sensitive? With the ability to wield the Force, perhaps the powers he's granted are what contributes to his confidence and skill.

As the leader of the group, LACEY will likely prove to serve an important role in the story. The character's willingness to do anything very well may be what spells doom for both herself and her team in the long run, and it wouldn't be surprising if they're ultimately defeated by Fett. It may turn out that Fett doesn't reveal his skills to any members of the team, in the hopes that he can obtain what he wants through peaceful means, but LACEY's prodding will be what requires the total elimination of the supporting cast.

How Sophie Thatcher and Jordan Bolger's characters will relate to KELTON and LACEY remains unknown. It's highly likely that they could all be part of the same group, and the four of them will serve as the supporting cast for the limited series. They could also be playing completely different characters, perhaps enemies with the emerging roles. All roads inevitably lead to Boba Fett, and any of these characters who choose to take on the infamous bounty hunter will have another thing coming for them.

Edited by Bosco685

Wonder if this will focus on Boba and his group of bounty hunters he hung out with during the Clone Wars. 

Aurra Sing, Dengar, Bossk, Embo...maybe even an appearance from Cad Bane?

@bentbryan  @Ares

I just checked the preorder numbers and there have been cancellations for the vehicle.   At one point it was up to around 28,800 preordered units.  It is now down to 28,278

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

Let's see what happens. 

Edited by Buzzetta

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@bentbryan  @Ares

I just checked the preorder numbers and there have been cancellations for the vehicle.   At one point it was up to around 28,800 preordered units.  It is now down to 28,278

Let's see what happens. 

It would be odd to cancel orders on this ship just because it was destroyed later in the show. It still stands out as representing The Mandalorian.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It would be odd to cancel orders on this ship just because it was destroyed later in the show. It still stands out as representing The Mandalorian.

Around 500 people... eh... That's 1.7% ?

The vehicle cost $350... it might stand out as representing the Mandalorian but I am guessing that they were hoping it would stick around a bit longer.

However!  Those numbers do not reveal how many of those ships were extras that people were hoping to flip.  Perhaps people were sticking with it in the hopes that they could flip one here and there.  There are reports of people buying multiple copies.  I have a barge and it does sit in the back of my mind that maybe I should have bought two as the resale for that.   eBay is showing aftermarket sales of around $1350-$1900.  There is an attraction to buying multiples but perhaps you had a group of people cancel 500 orders between them after seeing the ship blow up and getting cold feet about tying their money up in the multiples they bought. 

I don't think you will see much of a further drop though.   It is a solid toy and a great ship.  Part of me regrets not getting it but I have other things on display in the basement that I would not want to put away to make way for. (BMF Falcon)

Edited by Buzzetta

48 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@bentbryan  @Ares

Let's see what happens. 

Dang, I had no idea that existed or else I would buy... no way I'm' paying PS5 prices on that thing by flippers

14 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang, I had no idea that existed or else I would buy... no way I'm' paying PS5 prices on that thing by flippers

There is always... Lego

This is on the scanner next to me at the moment.  I also made a couple of... upgrades.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/default-the-mandalorian-bounty-hunter-transport-au-the-razor-crest-nz-the-razor-crest-75292

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@bentbryan  @Ares

Let's see what happens. 

Wow! I’m surprised people backed out over this weeks chapter. I’m guessing speculators chickening out?

35 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Wow! I’m surprised people backed out over this weeks chapter. I’m guessing speculators chickening out?

That seems to be the assumption of some on Rebelscum. 

4 hours ago, bentbryan said:

I had a sneaking suspicion about something and it seems others do as well... 

On 12/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, bentbryan said:

Another 68 units have been cancelled. I believe today is the last day to back out. 

49 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Another 68 units have been cancelled. I believe today is the last day to back out. 

I still think that is nuts. If you loved the show that much you wanted to own a representation of the ship that carried the main characters across two seasons then make the purchase. It's not like all those previous episodes didn't have that ship front and center.

:facepalm: