• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 7:30 AM, fantastic_four said:

I haven't seen the shows with him yet so I have no real opinion, but I'm trying to decide who from 1983 you think is comparable but that he doesn't eclipse...is it the Ewoks?  :devil:

Lucas didn't do enough with Maul before offing him, but he's still my favorite villain in ALL of Star Wars mostly due to one thing--Ray Park's physical performance in the role.  They need to get more martial arts experts to play Jedi or Sith in the films.  I've long wanted them to pull Jet Li in as a Jedi, but really any actor/athlete who can hop around and look bad-arse like Ray did would be fine.

You need someone who's trained in martial arts for quite a long time to nail ALL of the fine points that Ray Park hit. Having never heard of Ray Park or knowing he had extensive martial arts background - I remember the first time I saw Darth Maul fighting, I KNEW there was something "else" about that actor doing those moves. The stances, the footwork, the basics were all FAR crisper than any 12-week-trained actor would do. It was natural. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, valiantman said:

The thing that stuck with me about Thrawn is that he was absolutely smarter than everyone else in the Empire, including the Emperor, but he was "stuck" as an Admiral who was not going to launch a coup and force himself to the top of command. It reminds me of when a professional athlete is stuck as a backup to a future Hall-of-Famer past-his-prime, even though the backup could do a better job if they had the chance. 

The way the Rebels consistently outsmarted him, I think Thrawn is overrated and more like this relative to the Emperor (which hurts a bit as a 9ers fan)...............

image.jpeg.f710124d7ddbb5095ba59e5d7598297b.jpeg

Edited by kimik

On 1/28/2022 at 10:26 AM, kimik said:
On 1/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, valiantman said:

The thing that stuck with me about Thrawn is that he was absolutely smarter than everyone else in the Empire, including the Emperor, but he was "stuck" as an Admiral who was not going to launch a coup and force himself to the top of command. It reminds me of when a professional athlete is stuck as a backup to a future Hall-of-Famer past-his-prime, even though the backup could do a better job if they had the chance. 

The way the Rebels consistently outsmarted him, I think Thrawn is overrated and more like this relative to the Emperor (which hurts a bit as a 9ers fan)...............

That's not the Thrawn from the Zahn trilogy. :baiting:

On 1/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, kimik said:

image.jpeg.f710124d7ddbb5095ba59e5d7598297b.jpeg

I can understand that to a point, but I don’t know if they necessarily outsmarted him. He let them have little victories, so their confidence would work to his advantage.

They did ultimately play into his hands at the end of Rebels. If it wasn’t for an Ezra Hail Mary, things could have ended differently. 

While Thrawn studied the cultures and behaviors of his adversaries and respected his adversaries, I don’t think he ever truly understood the Force - and I don’t mean fighting style. This could be seen in the encounter with Bendu and how things ended with Ezra. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, Comics4All said:

Except for a few episodes with Vader, Ashoka, OBK, and Darth Maul you're not missing anything with Rebels

Ignoring how good the final 4 episodes of Rebels were, there's a lot of back story on the Darksaber that is probably good to know.  And I have to imagine all that stuff with Sabine, Hera, and Ezra will become more important as other live actions series are released.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:38 PM, Buzzetta said:

I agree with this.  Felt Rebels was the stronger of the two series as a whole. 

I think though if you were to rate the top ten episodes between the two series that Clone Wars will show up more on the list than Rebels especially with that final season with Ahsoka.  However, as a whole, Rebels is a stronger series. 

So many notable episodes in Clone Wars that flesh out the force like that planet that had the father, the brother and sister that test Anakin.  Then you have the whole inter-dimensional force gateway thing in Rebels... that I cannot wait for them to bring to the screen once Ahsoka seeks out Admiral Thrawn. 

It took me a long time to get into Rebels.  I think this was in large part due to the art direction being more for children.  Some of the character interaction (Zeb, Ezra, Chopper) all felt like it was for kids too.  I still think Clone Wars is the stronger series and that both series have their "filler" episodes.  Clone Wars has more filler episodes simply by nature to it being nearly 60 episodes longer than Rebels.  Despite that, Rebels still felt like it dragged on in some parts.  I recall messaging my friend and saying Rebels lacked any significant consequence (this was literally before I sat down and watched that "one" episode, then I had to text him back admitting how wrong I was).  But still, it didn't have the same big moments as Clone Wars at least.  It's all a matter of personal opinion and I respect anyone who enjoyed Rebels more than Clone Wars.

That all being said, I finally watched the most recent episode of Boba Fett.  After episode 3 I was so disenchanted that I decided the show wasn't worth midnight viewings and so I put it off to the next day which turned into another day, then a week, and next thing I knew I was two episodes behind.  Only because a friend prodded me to watch did I finally make time to get caught up.  When the big Mandalorian said his name was:

Spoiler

Paz Viszla

my Clone Wars/Rebels self let out an "oh <word that rhymes with quit>".  I love how interconnected these series are becoming, but I increasingly feel bad for fans who refuse to watch Clone Wars/Rebels because they're "cartoons" and "for kids".  I really have no idea where any of this is going but I'm still hopeful that a meeting with Crimson Dawn is in the future and hopefully an appearance from...

Spoiler

Qi'ra

I'm now 3 episodes behind, and I don't really care. I only want to catch up for the Mando episode, which kinda says a lot. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, Comics4All said:

You don't like the power ranger mods?

:butbutbutemoji:

Exactly the reason I haven't watched it. They just look so out of place on Tatooine. But that's already well and truly been hashed out, and I've got nothing new to add. 

I just got caught up and it seems you have to take Boba Fett out of the show to mske it interesting.  Not my favorite Mandalorian episode but night and day better then the turds that BF has been putting out.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Literally the best thing to come out of the Boba series so far. More of what we love...episodes of The Mandalorian season.

I don't know why it took this long to finally get one, but now that we have I'm not sure I can get enough references in Star Wars to inter-species dating.  :luhv:

And this one was just plain funny for multiple reasons--Sedaris's wacky personality matches well with the wacky way the Jawas act and sound, plus she's TINY, so it's easier to see her matching somewhat with a Jawa.  Now I really want to see how hairy they are under those robes...  :shy:

On 1/29/2022 at 12:54 PM, fantastic_four said:

I don't know why it took this long to finally get one, but now that we have I'm not sure I can get enough references in Star Wars to inter-species dating

I don’t believe it was the first reference on screen. Hera and Kanan ended up having a child together…at least that’s what we are left to think at the end of Rebels, given his name and the context in which it was presented.

I think Mando and one of the twi’leks, from the prison break episode, had an intimate relationship prior. 

Still, it would be funny if Peli has a Jawa/Human son or daughter working for her in the shop.  

Edited by awakeintheashes

This has been bugging me since the first episode. Tonight I realized where I had seen something similar to the symbols the gang was tagging places with. It’s from Star Wars Resistance. Likely a coincidence since it’s only part of the symbol but figured I’d share. 
B44768F0-AE90-4CA1-8D9A-784485C21F9A.thumb.jpeg.86aac82ba69bd2664c5549454109a343.jpeg057A8506-8D49-49E7-870A-071F8C418EBC.thumb.jpeg.8bb1878a274f1f493c517bdd016fab8e.jpeg62EB0EF1-8CA8-42DC-B00C-38DC96E978AA.thumb.jpeg.b658f7109478179900b738d22d007227.jpeg