• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You can always join "Alternative social media" ahem...  

why are you trying to derail the most eye opening and revealing thread these boards have ever known ? a thread that reveals the motives behind the underhanded and biased moderation that has been going on now for quite some time

33 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Rare or more so if your name rhymes with “ boy “ I thought it was odd when 3 threads were locked which the same people were in ... but I should’ve known better - IT ALL makes perfect sense now .... as the great Sherlock stated 

“How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?“ 

and here we are ....

So if PMs can be viewed by any moderator , what exactly is “ private “ about them? And if the moderators are exposed now - do we get to see when THEY lock someone out now or is that private still to hide their leanings ?

24 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

why are you trying to derail the most eye opening and revealing thread these boards have ever known ? a thread that reveals the motives behind the underhanded and biased moderation that has been going on now for quite some time

have some respect. he is the top poster in this tread.

kav is second, by a wide margin. so.......

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

So if PMs can be viewed by any moderator , what exactly is “ private “ about them? And if the moderators are exposed now - do we get to see when THEY lock someone out now or is that private still to hide their leanings ?

because you are a private.  you have to be a minimum of  a corporal to be a moderator.

there is not a corporal message that a private can see. only other privates can see private messages.

what is wrong with you? did you not learn anything from gunny?

30 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I mean, it's making a lot of sense from where I sit.  Also, what's with the perm italics?

29 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

And why again are you crying out over your self manufactured perceived injustices? 

Just now, wilbil said:

because you are a private.  you have to be a minimum of  a corporal to be a moderator.

there is not a corporal message that a private can see. only other privates can see private messages.

what is wrong with you? did you not learn anything from gunny?

Lmao - private friggin’ civilian 

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

i got it 3 times in the last 10 minutes, or so, but only on this thread.

I was trying to send a PM and it happened.  I think the new boards might still be trying to upload segments or transition files from the old software so there are going to be more hiccups in areas that are more active. 

Maybe this will mean all the pictures will come back.  There are a bunch of people running sales threads that got kind of screwed by all of this. 

yes, i think it is still building out and upgrading.

things like sales threads should have been considered, though, and maybe not a prime time thing, considering the weather today and probably a lot of member more active on days like this.

btw, stop trying to be first. be a sport. let kav catch up.