• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

Big bar to the right doesn’t exist in vertical iPad mode but takes up a lot of real estate in horizontal mode.  

that tells me that for those using an actual computer that we might be reading the boards in the wrong setup 

time to shovel / remove some snow  

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Big bar to the right doesn’t exist in vertical iPad mode but takes up a lot of real estate in horizontal mode.  

that tells me that for those using an actual computer that we might be reading the boards in the wrong setup 

time to shovel / remove some snow  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

and kav takes the lead.:banana:  ford vs. ferrari all over again.

Like I said, substance over quantity.

Meanwhile, I tried it on the iPhone again when I woke up before moving onto the iPad.  Between those two and now the computer there are three different layouts to accommodate the devices.  This would imply that like the old boards there are specific settings to set your display to to accommodate the device you are on.

I am pretty sure that when we had the first update a few years ago, transitioning from the original software, what they are fortunately using on the coin side of things, we had the problem with the giant side bar.  Arch and the software support team were able to tweak several things.   

Meanwhile I am currently in a meeting about having a meeting to use zoom to share a stream from google meet... instead of just giving all the participants the link to google meet. 

This.

Is. 

My.

Life. 

So while this is all collapsing I will play with the settings and do something actually productive. 

Edited by Buzzetta

The NGC forum rolled out these "upgrades" a day or two earlier than here.  I just checked the two largest thread that were filled with pictures.  I didn't see any broken links.  All of the images were there.  I hope that will happen here as well.  

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

The NGC forum rolled out these "upgrades" a day or two earlier than here.  I just checked the two largest thread that were filled with pictures.  I didn't see any broken links.  All of the images were there.  I hope that will happen here as well.  

I tried again this morning but the links still won't attach pics. You can't even edit and reload a pic, as there is no "edit" tab visible yet only the quote button.

Just now, DR.X said:

I tried again this morning but the links still won't attach pics. You can't even edit and reload a pic, as there is no "edit" tab visible yet only the quote button.

The edit tab is at the top right.  It's shared with other options.

All you've ever had to do with this new-ish forum software (i.e. the one we've been using for years now) is post in the address to an image.  I haven't noticed that any of my image addresses have been mangled.  How are you trying to create images in posts DR.X?

Here's an example of what I paste that I'm explicitly setting to code in this post so that the forum software doesn't convert it to an image:

https://am23.mediaite.com/tms/cnt/uploads/2020/01/babyyoda-1200x675.jpg

And if you just paste that address into a post, it gets converted to this:

babyyoda-1200x675.jpg

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

So ive read some of the last 28 pages, and still dont know....

Are all the newly broken images (from the update) in my Okajima thread in GA just going to stay broken and i should just give up hope?

I would wait - I think a process will eventually run to restore them, if previous update outcomes are anything to go by. If I recall correctly, if you try to manually repair a missing image from an old post the automated process may corrupt it. I seem to recall that happening to me.

So I would wait. Those that need to be aware, have been made aware:

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've put a thread together listing the known issues so far Red, and the broken images is clearly the one that is concerning people the most:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/480195-a-list-of-issues-relating-to-the-161220-forum-software-upgrade/

It's flagged to admin, and I know others have contacted them also behind the scenes. I have also sent an email to the CGC Management Team, to see if they might consider dropping by with some kind of communication to explain to us what is going on over and above that which we can glean for ourselves. Also, this section is monitored by admin so there is another opportunity for them to take note and give us an update, when the 'Ask CGC' team log on as they generally do on a daily basis (they monitor this thread too).

Short of all that I guess we just have to be patient.

23 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Can you swings by here while you are out there?

0A861EF1-26C5-4897-B5A9-FFF660B51EBF.thumb.jpeg.f58b542a8c5adb586a6e3cf58646d242.jpeg

We didn't get as much depth it seems but ours did turn to a compacted ice / snow mix.  It was heavy.  So... snowblower time. 

I don't mind doing it.  I went outside and did my house and the four homes next to and across from me within an hour.  Shoveling not so fun... Snowblower?  Fun.  It's like power washing.  I find it more relaxing than being in frivolous meetings like I described above. 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

We didn't get as much depth it seems but ours did turn to a compacted ice / snow mix.  It was heavy.  So... snowblower time. 

I don't mind doing it.  I went outside and did my house and the four homes next to and across from me within an hour.  Shoveling not so fun... Snowblower?  Fun.  It's like power washing.  I find it more relaxing than being in frivolous meetings like I described above. 

Or answering lowball offers on LEGO sets?