• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, kav said:

For high dollar books raw is risky-why would someone have a raw Hulk 181 for example?  It rasies red flags.  For $10-$30 books like kirby thor or strange adv raw is perfectly fine.

yep ... as i mentioned before , nobody buys pricey raw key coins just too risky ... always buy keys already graded

I can see shadroch's point, plenty of people overgrade on ebay.  Even knowingly overgrade.  But if you have a system in place, an assembly line, where you are buying midgrades, that you know what the actual grade is, and manipulating images, and saying you pressed it after cracking when you didnt when confronted, that's another animal.  

1 hour ago, kav said:

I can see shadroch's point, plenty of people overgrade on ebay.  Even knowingly overgrade.  But if you have a system in place, an assembly line, where you are buying midgrades, that you know what the actual grade is, and manipulating images, and saying you pressed it after cracking when you didnt when confronted, that's another animal.  

+1

Ps comic shops used to use this method in the old days when they were the only game in town.  You go in to sell a book they shake their head and say it's a G-, I'll give ya $20.  Next day you walk in-it's up on the wall-a NM, price: $300.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Ps comic shops used to use this method in the old days when they were the only game in town.  You go in to sell a book they shake their head and say it's a G-, I'll give ya $20.  Next day you walk in-it's up on the wall-a NM, price: $300.

i can't  believe they only offered you $5 for your ASM 129...

what condition was it in ??

4 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i can't  believe they only offered you $5 for your ASM 129...

what condition was it in ??

like 7.5.  they only offered $5 because they knew I didnt know what I had.

I was good buddies with the owner-he was always nice to me-then one day I came in with my GF-his eyes narrowed-he hated my guts after that, treated me like dirt, insulted me, cheated me.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

what a jealous spoon

Same thing happened with a co worker-boy did he hate my guts after he saw her.  weird.

2 hours ago, kav said:

For high dollar books raw is risky-why would someone have a raw Hulk 181 for example?  It rasies red flags.  For $10-$30 books like kirby thor or strange adv raw is perfectly fine.

Totally (well, 99%) agree. My point was just that "everyone just repeat after me: don't buy raw books on feebay, don't buy raw books on feebay, don't buy raw books on feebay" was a bit extreme and overly absolute. No way in hell I'd buy an expensive raw book off of Ebay. As this thread has pointed out, even a positive prior experience with the seller isn't enough as they can be above board on their inexpensive books and then screw people on the expensive ones they list.

15 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

No way in hell I'd buy an expensive raw book off of Ebay

I think that’s more in alignment - I count myself as an anomaly not getting any books off eBay which were restored , the only one I did get was at a show and it was taken care of , I did however come across over grading and one book which was damaged on the back cover ( my fault for not asking for additional back cover pics ) which is par for the course on that site 

10 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Whatever happens to that guy with the fugazi Stan Lee / Jack Kirby autographs ... tonfoulle or something .... 

Ton Fool

1 minute ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Yeah - what an Ubermensch...

amazing how he got stan to sign so much drek.  
"Here's $100 Stan sign my woodgod thx.  Naw I dont wanna slab it-"

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

amazing howhe got stan to sign so much drek.  
"Here's $100 Stan sign my woodgod thx.  Naw I dont wanna slab it-"

Please tell me somebody buried this guy ... eBay goes out of their way to prevent you from writing email addresses and phone numbers in PMs but will let this skell pilfer funds from people ....