• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Now here, you can see just how big a part photoshopping plays in his images. 

He bought this raw TTA 51: 

TALES TO ASTONISH #51 Giant Man Wasp Fine - High Res Scans -- Boxed Shipping | eBay 

graded Fine by the seller, which looks a little generous but not altogether inaccurate.

And he's offering it as a VF+, having photoshopped the heck out of it. Just look at that top edge!!!! What happened to all those white, color breaking creases and tears in the overhang? Photoshop, of course, is the answer 

TALES TO ASTONISH # 51 - (VF+) - 2ND APP HUMAN TOP - GIANT-MAN, WASP,AVENGERS | eBay 

What do you think, Shad? hm

TTA51b.jpg

TTA51a.jpg

What a scumbag. Is it possible that the top was trimmed?

Just now, Larryw7 said:

What a scumbag. Is it possible that the top was trimmed?

He does his photoshop in "layers". I can pretty much ID all the spots he's photoshopped, and although he's using the clone for the colors, that is, picking the same color from the top edge as the filler, he's not replicating the dot pattern so it's easy to see highly magnified. I don't think this is trimmed. He'd have to have whacked it less than 1/32" and I don't think he has that ability if his strategizing of his business model and execution is an indication of his abilities in general, half baked as it all is, he's more Wiley Coyote than RoadRunner.. That said about this book, I am examining, actually dissecting a few other scans of books that do appear to be trimmed. More on those later

A shout out to Justin L!  Without his post this hobby service thread would not exist. I knew what he was doing. One look and it's obvious. And I've seen him doing it for years and avoided him. JustinL's post gave me the incentive to take a good look, and then a deeper dive into the shark infested waters of his business model, if you can classify fleecing hobbyists a business. 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Here's part of the strategy: 

Feedback Profile (ebay.com) 

Now, start at the top and page down. Look at the recent purchases made by (7606). That's BBC. 

He buys lots of cheap lots, and then he'll list these individually and grade them as though there were a gun pointed as his head. That's to bolster the feedback numbers and to counterbalance all the returns he gets. 

Even more important than the inflated positives he gets from these with wildly enthusiastic comments, is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of books being sold that will not be returned. Here's the catch. Ebay takes a dim view of excessive returns. Paypal takes even a dimmer view. If the ratio of returns starts to increase to a certain point against his successful transactions (no returns), that will impact him negatively as a seller. So for every return, and he does get quite a few as noted by his reselling the same books many times at later dates, he has no choice but to list at least 30 to 40 correctly graded dreck to keep his returns below 3% 

That's why he buys dreck lots. Serves two purposes. Feedback and keeping his return to non-return ratio under 3% 

At 3% you start to lose ebay seller amenities that others with lower return ratios have

Damn impressive. I'm glad you are on the side of good instead of evil. You could cause some real damage if you were the Lex Luther of comic selling 😀

4 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Damn impressive. I'm glad you are on the side of good instead of evil. You could cause some real damage if you were the Lex Luther of comic selling 😀

Thank you. This has far less to do with evil and good than it does with dishonesty and integrity. With intelligence and self-esteem than being short in supply of either. I know exactly who he is, and IMO, he operates in this manner because he wants to, not out of a desperate need because there's no other option for him to operate ethically. To put food on his table and a roof over his head by stealing, which IMO, his strategy most certainly is. I'd wager that getting over, successfully pulling the wool over eyes is as much of a motive to him as is the money needlessly bilked from buyers for his pigs in pokes. We'll see. I'll sort it all out. It's all there. On the webs. Low hanging fruit hanging even lower than usual due to his incredible and unfathomable carelessness. If it saves one buyer, the effort is worthwhile. 

One seller's G/VG is BeatleBlueCat's VF- 

Fantastic Four Annual #3 G/VG -- Hight Res Scans -- Boxed Shipping | eBay

FANTASTIC FOUR KING SIZE ANNUAL # 3 - (VF-) - WEDDING OF SUE AND REED,AVENGERS | eBay 

Is it press? Or is it photoshop? You make the call. (although all the king's horses and all the king's men would have needed all the time in the world to photoshop away all the flaws on this G/VG book, which it still is. 

Edited by James J Johnson

33 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

FANTASTIC FOUR KING SIZE ANNUAL # 3 - (VF-) - WEDDING OF SUE AND REED,AVENGERS | eBay 

Is it press? Or is it photoshop? You make the call. (although all the king's horses and all the king's men would have needed all the time in the world to photoshop away all the flaws on this G/VG book, which it still is. 

Minor wear front front cover...LOL. definitely blocking this guy. Thank you topic creator. 

Screenshot_20201219-062209_eBay.jpg

Here's one example of my mentioning that he needs 30 or 40 books to stay put when he sells, to counterbalance all of his many unhappy returns: 

Here's an Avengers #18 he sold as a NM+ on Oct 29th 

AVENGERS # 18 - (NM+) - HIGH GRADE- CAPTAIN AMERICA,QUICKSILVER,SCARLET WITCH | eBay 

He had sold this the month before: 

AVENGERS # 18 - (NM/NM+) - HIGH GRADE-,CAPTAIN AMERICA,QUICKSILVER,SCARLET WITCH | eBay 

Sensibly, his buyer disapproved, and understandably returned it, refund given. It was bought as a CGC 7.5. And when his most recent buyer submits it and gets back that grade, probably as the Oct. buyer did,. we may see it listed yet once again. Look at the feedback his buyer placed for him: "GREAT to deal with!" You think he'll feel that way when it comes back to him CGCed 7.5 for at least the second time? Unless of course he refuses to remedy. 

Top two google slots in the search for BeatleBlueCat! He's made the hit parade.

BeatleBluecat - Google Search 

Could you imagine? He shows up to defend himself, spewing some fantasy masterpiece about buying 30 raw, precisely graded books and BBC raw 9.2s that CGC at 9.6 and this is the outcome? What can possibly go wrong doing that, right? hm

Must be like a nightmare you can't wake up from. Scam City Hell. He won't have to go out into the freezing cold for his stones to shrivel up, all he has to do is page through this thread to feel like his drawers are 2 sizes too tight!  :devil:

Edited by James J Johnson

8 hours ago, Tedsaid said:

FYI, did y'all see the other thread about beatlebluecat?

I didn't. Thanks for posting that.

I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to defend him, if someone had done that much sooner

I wouldn't buy a raw comic called "NM" on ebay in a million years.

Look at the history on ebay.

An Avengers 18 CGC 9.0 sells for $167, and shill bidders drive up his garbage "NM" to $350?

Pitiful.

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

He made that spine split on the bottom disappear plus all the tanning on the back cover thru some natural process removed itself lol. This guy is a doosh bag to the 3rd power.

8 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

He made that spine split on the bottom disappear plus all the tanning on the back cover thru some natural process removed itself lol. This guy is a doosh bag to the 3rd power.

And remember, 8 pages of this, are few examples, some small pebbles chipped from a mountain of books he's sold over the past 16 years. I just sat in the car,  I haven't even really turned the key yet to get going. I can fill a 100 page thread with exactly the same as shown so far, even if nobody else posted to increase the page count! Anywhere I look, it's the same flimflam. For years. Over and over. 

40 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

It's really easy to figure out on Ebay who not to throw your money away with.

ebay.jpg

So help my feeble brain out. The guy has another Ebay account that he uses to drive up bids on his "real" account. If no one falls for that and he's the high bidder he then retracts his bid?

10 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

So help my feeble brain out. The guy has another Ebay account that he uses to drive up bids on his "real" account. If no one falls for that and he's the high bidder he then retracts his bid?

I'll be amazed to hear that he can get away with this much shill bidding.

Of course, since Ebay is a joke now....

:popcorn:

Edited by sledgehammer