• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

Yes, shill bidding is an officially illegal practice. You are going to be sued in accordance with antitrust law under the Donnelly Act, which prohibits bid rigging and price fixing. The Donelly act is located in New York's General Business law Code section 340-347.

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

What can we all do to bring this guy down?

I just spoke to someone at trust and safety. They asked me to hold, returned, and concurred. 

I'm going to start another thread. I know we have this one, but this is a different issue altogether. Shill bidding. There's a lot of people who have been defrauded by BeatleBlueCat and it will continue. Likely, he doesn't have the necessities to realize that it's time to quit. Hopefully, the mods will recognize it as a different issue and allow it to remain. The 708 shill bids are from this past 30 days alone!e, as are the 55 retractions at opportune times relevant to when an overbidder appears and backs up his already high bid. Judging on what I can see already from more than a year ago, this is a very long-term aspect of his auctions and it's all illegal in NYS. 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

No. 50 feedbacks. Jusla isn't shilling them. I'm working on exactly who the 50 feedback shill is. Ebay already knows. I'm approaching that info from a different angle. Really doesn't matter. The bidding and retracting pattern of the 50 feedback shill speaks for itself. The first ebay agent I spoke to recognized it as shill activity immediately and let me speak to trust and safety directly as I had helpful info on the seller and insight on wat else to look for. 

mention his crack and photo manipulation and volume drek sales to keep stats up scheme also

Really nice work here, James.  I was thinking about making a move against Kelley's last year when I almost bought something from him, but couldn't really think of a way since, at the time, it didn't look like he was shilling which may be the only way to get these people.

Edited by Poekaymon

3 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Really nice work here, James.  I was thinking about making a move against Kelley's last year but when I almost bought something from him, but couldn't really thinking of a way since, at the time, it didn't look like he was shilling which may be the only way to get these people.

With a huge and crucial assist from the SledgeHammer! Our secret, secret weapon. (worship)   You can't be everywhere at once and that was a huge help. 

Edited by James J Johnson

I would suggest that everyone report any item he's auctioning with a (50) feedback bidder in the bidding logs. Now you can't see the name, it appears as 5 characters and then (50). Since there is a chance that more than one member bidding might have 50 feedback, CLICK ON THE NAME to the left ofthe (50) and if this shows up: 

Bid History: Details (ebay.com) 

That is the shill. Hit the report button, the reason being shill bidding.  

Bid History: Details

Bidding Information

Bidder:
1***n (50)
100.0% Positive
Bids on this item:

30-Day Summary

Total bids:
Items bid on:
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
100%
Bid retractions:
Bid retractions (12 months):

5 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

Here is the what would have been winning retracted bid auction from yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303808713514?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Exactly. Just use the automatic bid feature to see when he shilled and why, and then when and why he retracted, all always done at the most opportune time to elicit an illegal result. Already compiling a report for the NYS AG. The blueprints. Overgrading, cracking, misrepresenting, etc.; general unethical scumbaggery is one thing. The shilling is what will turn this from just a bad dream into a criminal and civil nightmare for Michael. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

My feeling is that the more reports they get, especially if every item with the (50) shill has multiple reports filed for shilling, the more urgently they will address this. 

This is correct.

2 hours ago, kav said:

@James J Johnson I thought the shill acct had 50 feedback this account has 151 feedback.
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/Jusla31?limit=25

Also, aside from the (50) feedback member ID, he does appear to have other shill accounts at work (not Jusla31) At least 2 others. Which is understandable for as long as he's been doing this on ebay

On 12/20/2020 at 5:06 AM, James J Johnson said:

This also is the reason why he's sold so many Hulk 181s, and others of similarly high price ranges. "This seller sure gets a lot of Hulk 181s". And yes. he has listed may Hulk 181s over the years. Many times the same ones that keep coming back home to roost once CGC grades his NM+ a 6.5, or once color touch is discovered because it was a purple label crack out. So in many instances, it's the same book, listed and resold many times over the long haul until it finally sticks, usually because he worked out a fractional refund with his buyer. 

What I find so funny about this guy is that he just doesn’t seem to care about optics. 

He just continues to list Hulk 181s without care, which, draws attention to himself, and exposes his antics. 

I know what people have posted before saying what he is doing isn’t illegal, but it kind of is. 

It’s absolutely unethical. We can all agree to that, but deliberately defrauding people is also illegal. Harder to prove for sure, but he could be fined.

I mean, doesn’t matter though, obviously that won’t happen, hasn’t happened, and his fraudulent activities will continue to happen. 

Panic is setting in for the poor guy. I would guess that he has lost his ability to stop auto bids he already set.

He won one of his auctions last night, and left himself feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PREMIERE-47-VF-NM-SCOTT-LANG-BECOMES-THE-NEW-ANT-MAN-AVENGERS-/293896408176

:idea:

I guess he could be thinking that he can still cover his tracks.