• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

Panic is setting in for the poor guy. I would guess that he has lost his ability to stop auto bids he already set.

He won one of his auctions last night, and left himself feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PREMIERE-47-VF-NM-SCOTT-LANG-BECOMES-THE-NEW-ANT-MAN-AVENGERS-/293896408176

:idea:

I guess he could be thinking that he can still cover his tracks.

He won his own item with the (50) feedback shill for one reason alone. To change the 50 feedbacks to 51, which it did. What Michael hopes to accomplish by that I have no idea as all of his 699 shill bids from the past 30 days now view as 51. Yeah, that should thwart the authorities and ebay from identifying the 699 shill bids from the past 30 days, and the 5,345 shill bids from the past 6 months, and the 9291 shill bids from the past year, etc., etc.

This is no longer a matter of ethics, puffery, and general scumbaggery. 9291 bids on his own items; his not being in Texas, are all crimes. Each and every one.

He's on the hook big time for criminal and civil liability. Forget about criminal penalties, the restitution for his buyers that he defrauded by inflating the bidding will be, as they say in Kill Bill, gargantuan. 

And IMO, he doesn't have the :idea: to realize what penalties await. He'll continue undeterred. Until the knock comes on his door at 5AM. Then, instantly, he'll figure it all out.

31 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

I guess he could be thinking that he can still cover his tracks.

Even though it's early yet, I only just started a few days ago, and ebay and the NYS AG haven't even gotten into the on deck circle for their at bat, it's waaaaaaaaaay too late in the game for Michael aaaaaaaaa to cover his tracks. In fact, everything he does now can only serve to reveal even more, if that's at all possible by this point, this is a very careless thief. This is like a bank robber accidentally locking himself in the safe. :roflmao:

43 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

699 shill bids from the past 30 days, and the 5,345 shill bids from the past 6 months, and the 9291 shill bids from the past year, etc., etc.

That's insane. I always avoided this guy's listings (more out of gut feeling honed by 10+ years of experience dodging eBay scumbaggery than anything concrete) but I never dreamed there would be this much dirt. 

Absolutely criminal. 

Edited by october

39 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He won his own item with the (50) feedback shill for one reason alone. To change the 50 feedbacks to 51, which it did. What Michael hopes to accomplish by that I have no idea as all of his 699 shill bids from the past 30 days now view as 51. Yeah, that should thwart the authorities and ebay from identifying the 699 shill bids from the past 30 days, and the 5,345 shill bids from the past 6 months, and the 9291 shill bids from the past year, etc., etc.

This is no longer a matter of ethics, puffery, and general scumbaggery. 9291 bids on his own items; his not being in Texas, are all crimes. Each and every one.

He's on the hook big time for criminal and civil liability. Forget about criminal penalties, the restitution for his buyers that he defrauded by inflating the bidding will be, as they say in Kill Bill, gargantuan. 

And IMO, he doesn't have the :idea: to realize what penalties await. He'll continue undeterred. Until the knock comes on his door at 5AM. Then, instantly, he'll figure it all out.

Can you post any examples of any states AG moving on an ebay seller for over grading his wares? For shilling his own auctions?  Do you honestly believe the ebay police are going to show up at his door at 5AM?  You say he is on the hook big time for criminal and civil liability?  How about some past examples of people who were prosecuted for similar offences on ebay? I'd be careful accusing people of crimes. Very careful. 

6 minutes ago, Pat Thomas said:

Do you not have anything else in your life beside sticking your nose into what others are doing? Are you just alone and lonely or something?No real people to hang with and looking for purpose? Just don't buy from the guy.

Right now? This.   Some folks stoop to help a child, a woman, an animal; someone or something possibly at peril or in need.

I stooped to help a hobbyist that googles before he leaps. This seller is a raw buyer's ebay pandemic. I'm one of the vaccines. 

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Right now? This.   Some folks stoop to help a child, a woman, an animal; someone or something possibly at peril or in need.

I stooped to help a hobbyist that googles before he leaps. This seller is a raw buyer's ebay pandemic. I'm one of the vaccines. 

You're only a hero to yourself. Thousand dollar comics are a luxury. No watchdog needed.

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Can you post any examples of any states AG moving on an ebay seller for over grading his wares? For shilling his own auctions?  Do you honestly believe the ebay police are going to show up at his door at 5AM?  You say he is on the hook big time for criminal and civil liability?  How about some past examples of people who were prosecuted for similar offences on ebay? I'd be careful accusing people of crimes. Very careful. 

Shill bidding is a crime. The ebay record is clear. Overgrading has nothing to do with it. Do you doubt that shill bidding is a crime. I cited the law, copied and pasted right from the NYS codes. Would you care to contest that? And yes. Many cases where auctioneers who shilled being charged. But that's not the scope of the thread. The subject here is BeatleBlueCat. 

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Shill bidding is a crime. The ebay record is clear. Overgrading has nothing to do with it. Do you doubt that shill bidding is a crime. I cited the law, copied and pasted right from the NYS codes. Would you care to contest that? And yes. Many cases where auctioneers who shilled being charged. But that's not the scope of the thread. The subject here is BeatleBlueCat. 

So you should have no problem providing a list of people charged with shill bidding on ebay

As someone who worked for a bankruptcy auctioneer and who has testified before a grand jury on shill bidding, and violations of Federal auction laws, I will ask you again for a list of people prosecuted for shill bidding on ebay

NY State has an office that will get involved in BIN products on ebay if they aren't as described but I seriously doubt they would get involved in overgrading a comic, but unless it has changed in the last few years, they don't get involved in ebay auctions.  Even ebay seems to turn a blind eye to most schilling. After all, it makes them money.

Just now, shadroch said:

So you should have no problem providing a list of people charged with shill bidding on ebay. 

As someone who worked for a bankruptcy auctioneer and who has testified before a grand jury on shill bidding, and violations of Federal auction laws, I will ask you again for a list of people prosecuted for shill bidding on ebay. 

NY State has an office that will get involved in BIN products on ebay if they aren't as described but I seriously doubt they would get involved in overgrading a comic, but unless it has changed in the last few years, they don't get involved in ebay auctions.  Even ebay seems to turn a blind eye to most schilling. After all, it makes them money.

"No one will do anything anyway" isn't really a good excuse to sit idle.  You've wasted countless hours accumulating your 44,000 posts, which, if anything, has been punitive for the rest of us.  Don't hassle people for spending their time trying to call out clear cheats.

15 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

"No one will do anything anyway" isn't really a good excuse to sit idle.  You've wasted countless hours accumulating your 44,000 posts, which, if anything, has been punitive for the rest of us.  Don't hassle people for spending their time trying to call out clear cheats.

I like Shad. I'm a keen judge of human nature and anticipation. That's how I can find things so quickly. He's a good guy with a good heart. He's just not seeing how many buyers are positioned squarely behind the 8-ball and have been adversely monetarily impacted by BeatleBlue. I feel there are times Shad will write out a post in this thread of defense for Beatle, think twice, and backpage, wiping that out. Shad's invested in this thread. He condoned it and even with evidence of 9000 shill bids in one year by one ebay member with 100% bid activity with BeatleBlue, his hands are taped to the bike on this one. That's OK. IMO, the great things about Shad, and what I've read outweigh his arguing wth me by defending someone who uses every trick in the book to get over including one that is most definitely illegal in NYS. 

Edited by James J Johnson