• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I count 28 of your posts so far in this thread and Shad, I just don't get it. 

You've done everything you could to excuse this seller, ignore a 'business plan' that relies on systemic lying and deception and shilling and manipulation of images, and denigrate the OP and tell him this thread doesn't matter.

The OP's efforts may not stop this guy from selling and it's unlikely he'll go to jail but how can you not appreciate his stand for honesty in the hobby and his efforts to warn fellow collectors about this guy?

Exactly. Exactly this. 

Shadroch and his persisent arguments are sad. 

Sad to see. Just absolutey, pathetically, sad. 

On 12/19/2020 at 3:18 AM, James J Johnson said:

Now here, you can see just how big a part photoshopping plays in his images. 

He bought this raw TTA 51: 

TALES TO ASTONISH #51 Giant Man Wasp Fine - High Res Scans -- Boxed Shipping | eBay 

graded Fine by the seller, which looks a little generous but not altogether inaccurate.

And he's offering it as a VF+, having photoshopped the heck out of it. Just look at that top edge!!!! What happened to all those white, color breaking creases and tears in the overhang? Photoshop, of course, is the answer 

TALES TO ASTONISH # 51 - (VF+) - 2ND APP HUMAN TOP - GIANT-MAN, WASP,AVENGERS | eBay 

What do you think, Shad? hm

TTA51b.jpg

TTA51a.jpg

I'm not sure (at least from the aspect of that top edge) that it's more a comparison between a scan and a photo. I do think in this instance, it's a flattering angle. I don't see any manipulation happening on that background, and it would be pretty easy to pick it up as that texture, angle and pattern would be difficult to do some type of enhancement or digital crop without some tell tale sign.

I do concur though that the way he inflates grades is not cool. Does anyone know who this seller is outside of this alias he uses on eBay? Is he on any other social media platform, like facebook or instagram?

18 minutes ago, D2 said:

The fraud of doctoring photos, doing restoration work without advising the buyers, and having shill bets to bump the price of your auctions. 

If someone thinks cracking open a CGC book, lying about the raw grade, and reselling them is an okay ethical practice too, well then... Im glad it’s not my soul we are discussions here. 

When a book is sent to mycomicshop in a cracked but whole CGC case and they grade it a point and a half lower, are they lying about it? When they sell it as a 5.0 when CGC called it a 6.5. are they being unethical or is it only if you raise the grade?  

31 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I count 28 of your posts so far in this thread and Shad, I just don't get it. 

You've done everything you could to excuse this seller, ignore a 'business plan' that relies on systemic lying and deception and shilling and manipulation of images, and denigrate the OP and tell him this thread doesn't matter.

The OP's efforts may not stop this guy from selling and it's unlikely he'll go to jail but how can you not appreciate his stand for honesty in the hobby and his efforts to warn fellow collectors about this guy?

As I've said, but people choose to ignore, my whole problem was with the OP saying the guy was engaged in criminal activity for trying to say the book graded higher than CGC said it did. Then he started talking about the guy being dragged from his house in handcuffs.  Does anyone here think that will happen?   If the OP thinks the guy is committing a crime, then he should be going to jail, no?

We all know he isn't going to jail so why keep saying the guy is going to be in handcuffs?

The guy runs a shady business.  Avoid him if you don't like what he sells. Call him out for lousy business practices but don't keep saying he is a criminal who is about to get slapped in handcuffs.

13 minutes ago, shadroch said:

When a book is sent to mycomicshop in a cracked but whole CGC case and they grade it a point and a half lower, are they lying about it? When they sell it as a 5.0 when CGC called it a 6.5. are they being unethical or is it only if you raise the grade?  

Honestly Shadroch, you’ve made your stand quite clear. 

I know my stand and it’s quite clear. 

We will not, and never will, ever, see eye to eye. 

So we are crystal clear.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, shadroch said:

That's a great story but you seem to be comparing a guy who overgrades to an industry that manufactures and sell counterfeit products.  

They are both misrepresentation, and given the before and after scans the OP posted, provable fraud by deception. 

This is more a sidebar, but this thread is a real mind bender. I wonder if push ever came to shove, whether CGC itself would be contacted to confirm the book in the before's were actually the same as the afters.

As much as what this seller is doing is all sorts of wrong, his practices keep everyone believing CGC is the be all end all, when most of the overgrading this sellers does is like a fly sticky trap for buyers with eyesight problems.

Edited by comicwiz

On 12/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, sledgehammer said:

Here is the what would have been winning retracted bid auction from yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303808713514?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

I admit I haven't used eBay as much as I once did, but how is it possible someone can retract a bid that close to auction end? I thought eBay had a rule that a retraction couldn't occur before a certain period of time before auction ending time (going by vague memory, but I thought it was like 12 hours)?

2 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Anything goes for buyers on EBay , no long term repercussions at all for buyers , but sellers must jump through hoops, itslike the Wild Wild West for sellers😕

What if you're both, and you account for massive final value fees every month?

I guess we'll see.

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. The shilling is a crime except in Texas

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Also, 699 shill bids in one month, over and over again, is a systematically ongoing practice of defrauding buyers by inflating their protection bids. That's what he does. This is not a one or two time casual thing with BBC. 

That's crazy. If he moves to Texas, he might give Heritage some competition.

51 minutes ago, shadroch said:

That's an MCS policy. If it burns you that hard, why are you even sending stuff to them?

I personally wouldn't trust someone sending a book in a cracked holder, or with a past label, and would grade it without being influenced by something that not even CGC will back any longer.

It's a weird stance to take here because this seller is deliberately cherry-picking books, knowing the grades he's buying because the price he's paying is commensurate to that grade, cracking them out, and bumping up the grades with no justification other than to rip people off.

The MCS comparison you're trying to draw here is a false equivalence. MCS are taking the stance they are because their brand name and reputation is linked to the satisfaction achieved on both ends of a transaction.

BBC is working from the model of a sucker born every minute, and I'm sure he's smacking his lips reading you defending him here for reasons unknown to many of us.

Edited by comicwiz

5 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

That's an MCS policy. If it burns you that hard, why are you even sending stuff to them?

I personally wouldn't trust someone sending a book in a cracked holder, or with a past label, and would grade it without being influenced by something that not even CGC will back any longer.

It's a weird stance to take here because this seller is deliberately cherry-picking books, knowing the grades he's buying because the price he's paying is commensurate to that grade, cracking them out, and bumping up the grades with no justification other than to rip people off.

The MCS comparison you're trying to draw here is a false equivalence. MCS are taking the stance they are because their brand name and reputation is linked to the satisfaction achieved on both ends of a transaction.

BBC is working from the model of a sucker born every minute, and I'm sure he's smacking his lips reading you defending him here for reasons unknown to many of us.

Funny you call him BBC because those the same initials of Barnum Bailey Circus , an everyone know what their famous quote was ‼️‼️‼️

59 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Not the best comparison. MCS pretty much grades everything lower than everyone else. But to the best that I've observed if they grade what you sent them as a 5.0 they will then list/sell it as a 5.0. Not jack up the grade in between.

10 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Can you point out a post where you think I defended him? I've stated that there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with CGCs grades and I've said he isn't going to jail for shilling.  I'm not sure how that translates into defending this guy?

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

Not the best comparison. MCS pretty much grades everything lower than everyone else. But to the best that I've observed if they grade what you sent them as a 5.0 they will then list/sell it as a 5.0. Not jack up the grade in between.

That's not the point, and as I consign books to them rather than sell, it is moot. I've no issue with their grading on most books but the one time I objected to a grade they assigned and we sent it out, it came back much higher than they called it. I don't know if it sold for much more as many people think an MCS 5.0 equals a CGC 6.0 or so. 

10 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Can you point out a post where you think I defended him? I've stated that there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with CGCs grades and I've said he isn't going to jail for shilling.  I'm not sure how that translates into defending this guy?

My best advice here is if everyone is saying the same thing to you-it's time to listen.